• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout HD's release date is September 25th (US, UK)

gbovo

WipeoutHD03.jpg.jpg

Lettuce

Will there be other tracks to download in the future? Just 8 tracks is a bit of a let down, but when they are 8 tracks from Pulse and Pure that is just down right unforgiveable!! Pulse and Pure always left me feeling hollow and cold, and just dont have the same sort of character as the first 3 PSX games. Does look lush however!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Lettuce said:
Will there be other tracks to download in the future? Just 8 tracks is a bit of a let down, but when they are 8 tracks from Pulse and Pure that is just down right unforgiveable!! Pulse and Pure always left me feeling hollow and cold, and just dont have the same sort of character as the first 3 PSX games. Does look lush however!

I would not count out DLC. Take a look at warhawk for example.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
neojubei said:
I expect a photo mode thread on GAF when this game comes out.
Oh hell yes!

LiK

DLC will probably happen, either it's additional music tracks or tracks. it all depends on the price.

distrbnce

Banned
Local split-screen play is a feature that too many games have ditched in this bold new online age, so it's nice to see it retained here - and with no noticeable effect on the frame rate.

Wha...?

distrbnce

Banned
speedpop said:
Custom soundtracks? Consider me signed - and I'm not even a Wipeout fan.

Erm, well if you just found out about that then you might be interested to know that the lights and stuff on the tracks act as beat-mapped visuals.

I dont see the problem getting a HDTV anymore, some of the 720p/1080i ones have droped to resonable prices...

...a 26'' 720p should not break any bank balance.

h3ro

BeeDog said:
I wanted to create one, but the crap below my nick restricts that. :(

Would anyone like to make the custom soundtrack thread then? I'd make it but I wouldn't be able to make any sort of art/banners for it nor would I contribute any music as I don't make any... :lol

My list is probably going to be Firestarter, Firestarter and some more Firestarter.

Anyone know if we can mix the in-game soundtrack along with our own custom tracks? I don't want to miss out on the game's already solid music because I wanna see how Zone renders Smack my Bitch Up. :lol

BeeDog

h3ro said:
Would anyone like to make the custom soundtrack thread then? I'd make it but I wouldn't be able to make any sort of art/banners for it nor would I contribute any music as I don't make any... :lol

My list is probably going to be Firestarter, Firestarter and some more Firestarter.

Anyone know if we can mix the in-game soundtrack along with our own custom tracks? I don't want to miss out on the game's already solid music because I wanna see how Zone renders Smack my Bitch Up. :lol

Someone has good taste here. :D Also try The Prodigy - Full Throttle and Claustrophobic Sting. Fitting track names, and I guess the tracks themselves will fit WO perfectly.

Menaged

Keyser Soze said:
I dont see the problem getting a HDTV anymore, some of the 720p/1080i ones have droped to resonable prices...

If you buy one, it may as well be a good one, and outside of the US, and even more so in Israel, the prices are ridicoulusly high.
My brother bought a "Greatz" LCD at 500$ (probarly will cost half of that in the US) and it should arrive next week. I don't have high hopes but I suppose it will be better then gaming on an SDTV.
The problem is we may not plug it in living room, where my 5.1 setup is, and I prefer my surround :)

(and sorry for going waaaaay of topic with my life story).

LiK

Keyser Soze said:

...a 26'' 720p should not break any bank balance.

or use a PC monitor, unless it's one of those old CRTs

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
h3ro said:

Yeah definitely create one sometime soon. Would be nice to see all the recommendations from people.

h3ro

BeeDog said:
Someone has good taste here. :D Also try The Prodigy - Full Throttle and Claustrophobic Sting. Fitting track names, and I guess the tracks themselves will fit WO perfectly.

I still prefer Fat of the Land to Music for the Jilted Gen, but those two will be in my playlist... :p

I wonder how something like Thievery Corporation would translate into Wipeout... I'm much more into the ambient style electronica style stuff than the hardcore Prodigy style music now that I'm old...er. :lol

Leatherface

sammy said:
oh god

I remember the old Wipeout footage in "Hackers" and thinking .... "oh one day, one day"

didn't realize exactly how far the visuals could go back then

LOL I was thinking the same thing when I seen these images. HAHAHAHA

We truly are a bunch of fucking dorks in this forum. :lol

LiK

Keyser Soze said:
I am going to play the first track on Wipeout HD to "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" by Daft Punk.

F YEAH!!

i'm gonna try Zone mode with the Titanic movie theme. trippy.

speedpop said:
Yeah definitely create one sometime soon. Would be nice to see all the recommendations from people.

loco dice - seeing through shadows
sven vath & rother- komm (gregor tresher remix)
adam beyer - china girl
adam beyer - stereotypes
adam beyer - a walking contradiction
berg nixon - box escape
berg nixon - the depths
gabriel ananda - mahatma regatta
guy gerber & kalbata - akropolis
Luca & Paul - dinamicro (karotte remix)
alex under - el encuentro
lemon8 - model8

LiK

h3ro said:
I just had an amazing thought... Playing through Zone with the... Rez OST... :O

i gotta admit that the official Rez OST mix isn't nearly as good as the music in the game. i was so disappointed.

btkadams

speedpop said:
check out g.a.m.e 3.0, its a custom soundtrack for wipeout hd made by gaffers it should be ready by release.

Lettuce said:

Oh man, you're making me worried. I never played the PSP Wipeouts. I love the PSOne games to bits, especially XL. I couldn't stomach the PS2 offering. Why did the PSP games leave you feeling hollow and cold?

Top Bottom