• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout HD's release date is September 25th (US, UK)

LiK

Naked Snake said:
Oh man, you're making me worried. I never played the PSP Wipeouts. I love the PSOne games to bits, especially XL. I couldn't stomach the PS2 offering. Why did the PSP games leave you feeling hollow and cold?

i'm probably one of the few who enjoyed the original Wipeout more than XL.

Naked Snake said:
Oh man, you're making me worried. I never played the PSP Wipeouts. I love the PSOne games to bits, especially XL. I couldn't stomach the PS2 offering. Why did the PSP games leave you feeling hollow and cold?

pure and pulse are ace. don't worry.

Baha

alterno69 said:
SONY should implement preorders on the PSN and release the day on monday for those who pay it before release, do it SONY.

Preorders and preloading, DO IT SONY!

Teknoman

Oh snap

1zb851f.gif

Steam allows to preload the games before the release date. The files are crypted to avoid friendly hackers to play it before, but we all avoid the online traffic jams.

Please Sony, the files on the Store are already crypted, just gave us the right to pre download it early !

StuBurns

Banned
TTP said:
Why does Eurogamer keep reporting prices in pounds? I hate that. They should call themselves Britishgamer.
The news is about the UK release, in the UK we pay in pounds. Makes perfect sense to me. If they put the price in Euros for a release that would be paid in pounds, it would cause confusion.

Dante

UnluckyKate said:
Steam allows to preload the games before the release date. The files are crypted to avoid friendly hackers to play it before, but we all avoid the online traffic jams.

Please Sony, the files on the Store are already crypted, just gave us the right to pre download it early !

Copy and paste this onto the blog, posting it here it'll fall on deaf ears. I'd like to see this implemented as well.

TTP said:
Why does Eurogamer keep reporting prices in pounds? I hate that. They should call themselves Britishgamer.
Agreed.

I was also flabbergasted when it turned out that Eurogamer was only allowed to give away SOCOM Confrontation beta keys to UK based accounts only...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
stuburns said:
The news is about the UK release, in the UK we pay in pounds. Makes perfect sense to me. If they put the price in Euros for a release that would be paid in pounds, it would add to the confusion.

The thing is they usually report "Euro news" as UK ones. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Dante said:
Copy and paste this onto the blog, posting it here it'll fall on deaf ears. I'd like to see this implemented as well.

I'm not registered on the Blog. If you (or anyone) feel like doing it. Please :)

StuBurns

Banned
TTP said:
The thing is they usually report "Euro news" as UK ones. That doesn't make any sense to me.
Oh, I hadn't noticed that, that does indeed seem a little off, it's hardly challenging to put both prices split by a friendly '/'.

LiK

UnluckyKate said:

could've released it early to Qore users who pay money to play demos/betas early. but alas...

Let's hope it will not remain unread. Even if I doubt anything will be done before WipEout HD's release. At least, let's hope for some changes for the upcoming higly anticipated PSN releases.

StuBurns

Banned
They wouldn't even need to encrypt it or leave out vital parts till the last minute like Steam, they could have the full complete game installed and just make the user activate it on PSN the second it becomes 'unlocked'.

There is no reason they shouldn't.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
LiK said:
could've released it early to Qore users who pay money to play demos/betas early. but alas...

OR just release it this Thursday after all the delays for this game.

Dante

UnluckyKate said:
Let's hope it will not remain unread. Even if I doubt anything will be done before WipEout HD's release. At least, let's hope for some changes for the upcoming higly anticipated PSN releases.

They are pretty good about taking feedback from the blog, well with everything cept PSOne releases. :(

LiK

neojubei said:
OR just release it this Thursday after all the delays for this game.

sure, but Sony enjoys making us wait. i think they get off reading these threads. :lol

deepbrown

LiK said:
minor bugs with the tracks and the whole seizure problem with zone mode.
It might be quite amusing to see loads of people having a fit on the floor from the awesomeness of WipEout HD...

:lol

Arkaerial said:
I know I'm late, but did they ever explain why it was delayed so many times.

They were ironing out the slowdown/tearing issues and then they ran into the Zone Mode failing epileptic tests.

Jim

SolidSnakex said:
They were ironing out the slowdown/tearing issues and then they ran into the Zone Mode failing epileptic tests.

And then they spent some extra time adding stuff like split screen and trophies, neither of which were planned for the original release. The delay is very much worth it.

deepbrown

stuburns said:
To be fair my local pizza place is pretty cheap too, still the big boys charge Wipeout HD prices.
I prefer to make my own.

Plus if I was to go to this posh pizza place and get a duck with hoi sin sauce pizza on freshly made dough...it'd cost me £9. Why'd you go to a horrible greasy place? >_<

WipEout HD - the price of a bottle of wine (an expensive one :D )

deepbrown said:
I prefer to make my own.

Plus if I was to go to this posh pizza place and get a duck with hoi sin sauce pizza on freshly made dough...it'd cost me £9. Why'd you go to a horrible greasy place? >_<

WipEout HD - the price of a bottle of wine.

WipEout HD is just like a bottle of wine : the older it gets, the better it is !

DrPirate

Banned
UnluckyKate said:
WipEout HD is just like a bottle of wine : the older it gets, the better it is !

Which makes me think if DLC packs come in sets of 8 tracks (over reaching/massive stretch) for 10 dollars, this game will have a good life span. I'd buy that for sure.

I still can't believe we're getting this game for 20 dollars, it feels like stealing. Day one for sure.

Top Bottom