• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 DLCs on PC will be free, on consoles the price depends on platformholders

FACE

Banned
I have a large GoG library to complement my Steam one, and I do love having a nice clean .exe file with no strings attached, as well as the bonus material which is often top-notch; however I still prefer to have my games with time stats. Achievements are nice too, though I'm not too overly concerned with those. The biggest issue will be possible Steam Workshop support. It'll be hard to say no to a Steam version if that's the case, but as long as all the mods are offered on a site like nexus, I'll be buying it on GoG.

Nexus Mod Manager is compatible with Witcher 2 :)

Sentenza

I have a large GoG library to complement my Steam one, and I do love having a nice clean .exe file with no strings attached, as well as the bonus material which is often top-notch; however I still prefer to have my games with time stats. Achievements are nice too, though I'm not too overly concerned with those. The biggest issue will be possible Steam Workshop support. It'll be hard to say no to a Steam version if that's the case, but as long as all the mods are offered on a site like nexus, I'll be buying it on GoG.
I must say the silliest thing CDPR is doing is allowing Steam copies to register on GOG and not the other way around.

They are essentially encouraging people to buy on Steam, because that gives you two legit copies of the game, instead of pushing GoG, where you get only their version.

FACE

Banned
I must say the silliest thing CDPR is doing is allowing Steam copies to register on GOG and not the other way around.

They are essentially encouraging people to buy on Steam, because that gives you two legit copies of the game, instead of pushing GoG, where you get only their version.

I agree, it should go both ways for maximum awesomeness.

I'm pretty sure Unreal Tournament 3 had free map packs released on PS3 just like PC, but Micro$oft wouldn't allow the same thing on the 360.

Main reason I played only on PC.

Boerseun

Banned
I'll buy this on Steam the day of release (or close to it).

Witcher 2 was a massive step up over Witcher 1, in my opinion, and if they can improve to the same extent with Witcher 3, I could see people buying powerful PCs just to play it.

I'm not sure bothering with console versions will be financially rewarding; although I realise that's a moot point this close to release.

Durante

CDPR do not disappoint. They shamelessly use their consumer-friendly stance to promote themselves, but at least they put their money where their mouth is.

I hope the tools are out earlier this time around, I could see Witcher 3 taking a nice chunk out of the massive TES modding community if so.

CDPR do not disappoint. They shamelessly use their consumer-friendly stance to promote themselves, but at least they put their money where their mouth is.

I hope the tools are out earlier this time around, I could see Witcher 3 taking a nice chunk out of the massive TES modding community if so.

So ENB TW3 everywhere? :p

I'll probably have on PS4 since I might not have a new card by then. Waiting for the 800 series at a $299 price point for my next GPU

I don't think a dx11 game would need ENB. Lighting mods would probably be done directly to the engine, like Crysis TODs.

Hopefully but people seem to love ENBs, once people contrast the shit out of a game apparently it's the best looking thing ever

I am looking forward to seeing how these games change though over the next few years

Top Bottom