• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 downgrade arguments in here and nowhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is saying that the water tesselation and the fluid physics simulation are two completely separate things.

The .ini supports there being tesslation still, but there are no settings for water simulation.

Yes. Like I said. The Witcher 3 doesn't use WaveWorks which is the full Water Simulation system and feature and trust me it is not fully completed and doens't work very well on all platforms. NVidia is tweaking it continously, that is why they didin't use it.

cripterion

For anyone still unsure, I can now confirm that HBAO+ is indeed supported in the final game. It has not been stripped out and it will affect everything including foliage. I can't quote my source here, since I'm unsure if it has consequences, but I'm open to a mod PM if necessary.

Thanks, that's very good to hear and another step towards the visual fidelity found in the early trailers.

If this was any other game then yeah without question. But I would be extremely surprised if the PS4 version outsold the PC version, considering console gamers have not really had that much exposure to this series.

Then again I may be wrong.
This is actually the first PS family release for the series.

Popping in to remind everyone to keep this from becoming a console wars thread. Naturally, comparisons between PC and console are going to have to be made here, but let's refrain from taking pot shots at the platforms we like less.

For anyone still unsure, I can now confirm that HBAO+ is indeed supported in the final game. It has not been stripped out and it will affect everything including foliage. I can't quote my source here, since I'm unsure if it has consequences, but I'm open to a mod PM if necessary.

Gimme the receipts.

Edit - never mind, I see that it's actually out there in the Nvidia/IGN vids.

Why being unsure? It has been confirmed before and a long time ago that The NVidia GameWorks The Witcher 3 uses are: HairWorks, HBAO+ and NVIDIA PhysX Efffects :

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...witcher-3-wild-hunt-nvidia-geforce-gtx-bundle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGFU2XPLr4

leng jai

Game looks clownish now and really takes away from that dark fantasy setting I was longing for from this universe. I'm sure there will be a why to dial back the saturation somehow.

Posts like these are funny to me because I already found the colour palette in the second game over saturated and garish looking. I don't recall anyone else complaining about it back then though. Naturally, I'm obviously still not a fan of it in Wild Hunt.

cripterion

Why being unsure? It has been confirmed before and a long time ago that The NVidia GameWorks The Witcher 3 uses are: HairWorks, HBAO+ and NVIDIA PhysX Efffects :

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...witcher-3-wild-hunt-nvidia-geforce-gtx-bundle

In addition to enhancing the many beasts of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt’s open world, HairWorks also increases the fidelity and realism of Geralt’s flowing hair, as well as the mane of his trusty steed, who makes going from A to B a breeze.

Does anyone know if Hairworks also applies to Triss and Yennefer or it's uniquely for Geralt and some monsters/horse?

Does anyone know if Hairworks also applies to Triss and Yennefer or it's uniquely for Geralt and some monsters/horse?
I don't think so. Seeing NPCs in media wehere HairWorks has been enabled, I didin't notice anyone of them using any better shampoo including Yennefer. The shampoo works for beasts and Geralt only which confirms that he is beast. :p

viveks86

Why are we debating? I just posted a link that shows the PC graphics settings. HBAO+ is there.

This is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU70-e0XHxw

You are confusing HBAO with HBAO+.

Well, everyone has been questioning everything that has been posted out there about the game. So I seeked confirmation, which I now have.

cripterion

I don't think so. Seeing NPCs in media wehere HairWorks has been enabled, I didin't notice anyone of them using any better shampoo including Yennefer.

Aww that's too bad.. These two females need glorious hair too! It seemed that at some point they had it too judging by this screen

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Geralt_Triss_and_Yennefer.jpg

_Clash_

Ergh,

It's OK friends. I once built a new PC for Dragon Age II.

There you have it.

But seriously, feel sorry for all the dudes that are finishing up screwing in their 1 Gb SSD in new builds that only want Witcher 3 2013.

viveks86

A lot of options unticked, and it only goes up to High at the top of the screen. Does this mean Ultra wasn't in the build they were playing?

There is no ultra for post processing in the ini files, unless they plan to secretly include it in the day 1 patch.

Holy shit… what if…

lol

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Any HBAO vs HBAO+ comparisons to show what kind of improvement we might see with Wild Hunt? Does the current HBAO not effect foliage?

Mifec

The IGN stream yesterday was only running SSAO I believe. I don't think we have seen any HBAO/HBAO+ footage yet.

Were they livestreaming at 1080p/60fps on the same PC they were playing on?

Because I'd understand why they had some settings off then, the game would never hit 60 under those settings on a single PC. Hell even a 5960k 980 combo can't do it in new games if you are streaming.

Momentary

Banned
I bet this game running at 1440p@120fps would be euphoric. Seems like it's gong to be achievable a lot sooner than I expected due to compromises having to be made. Next year needs to hurry up and get so I can revisit a game I haven't even played yet with PASCAL.

Have they mentioned DX12 compatibility with this game?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A lot of options unticked, and it only goes up to High at the top of the screen. Does this mean Ultra wasn't in the build they were playing?

The top presets are all there: Low/Medium/High/Ultra. And they have the rest set to the follow.

Vsync: On
HairWorks: Off
Shadow Quality: Ultra
Terrain Quality: Ultra
Water Quality: Ultra
Grass Density: Ultra
Foliage Visibility Range: Ultra
Detail Level: Ultra

Motion Blur: On
Blur: On
Anti-aliasing: Off
Bloom: On
Sharpening: Off
Ambient Occlusions: SSAO (HBAO is max)
Depth of Field: On
Cutscene Depth of Field: On
Chromatic Aberration: Off
Fog and Mist: On
Vignetting: On
Light Shafts: Off

viveks86

How many plan to keep vignetting on? I'm torn. I like it some times and I hate it other times. Especially hate to see it in all screenshots.

Any HBAO vs HBAO+ comparisons to show what kind of improvement we might see with Wild Hunt? Does the current HBAO not effect foliage?

HBAO+ can be sometimes exaggerated and not well calculated which leads it to be not realistic at all, this happened in many cases in AC Unity and and in UE4. Use it with grain of salt since it affects performance more for not the optimum expected results sometimes.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
The top presets are all there: Low/Medium/High/Ultra. And they have the rest set to the follow.

Vsync: On
HairWorks: Off
Shadow Quality: Ultra
Terrain Quality: Ultra
Water Quality: Ultra
Grass Density: Ultra
Foliage Visibility Range: Ultra
Detail Level: Ultra

Motion Blur: On
Blur: On
Anti-aliasing: Off
Bloom: On
Sharpening: Off
Ambient Occlusions: SSAO (HBAO is max)
Depth of Field: On
Cutscene Depth of Field: On
Chromatic Aberration: Off
Fog and Mist: On
Vignetting: On
Light Shafts: Off

Aww no Film Grain? I'd love to see the option in more games.

I bet this game running at 1440p@120fps would be euphoric. Seems like it's gong to be achievable a lot sooner than I expected due to compromises having to be made. Next year needs to hurry up and get so I can revisit a game I haven't even played yet with PASCAL.

I will get a new laptop with a Pascal GPU next year too to play all games that I can't play now and if this NVidia chart is proven to be true, then next year Pascal cards will finally fill the gap beteween desktop and laptop since they have new improved and reduced archtitecture.

Have they mentioned DX12 compatibility with this game?

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-cdpr-dx12-availabletemporal-aa-consoles/

JordanKZ

I honestly don't think I have a hope in hell of hitting 60 fps at 1440p on my rig with everything completely maxed out... And it's not exactly a slouch.

CPU: Core i7 4770K @ 4.3ghz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Titan X Superclocked

I mean, I struggled to get 60fps on GTA5 with everything at max some of the time. But I guess we'll see how it goes. Might buy a second Titan, because I'm an idiot.

What's the chances of CDPR just offering hi-res textures and such down the track to make it like the original trailers?

It is not just hi-res textures which make the game look betetr these days. The lighting system was gimped and many features of it were removed. They can't just patch that to the game since it needs the entire engine to be rewritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom