• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Enhanced version on Next Gen and PC

tenor.gif

DogofWar

Well I did not plan on playing The Witcher 3 on PS5 but if it is a free upgrade...

See this is why we, very rarely, can have nice things after all.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Scant details within:

Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements — including ray tracing and faster loading times — across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

This is really cool. One does not expect extra development for a five year old (?) game at all.

vkbest

Thats not what i meant. How does a next gen upgrade works on a last gen console? Or is it like owners of the game in the ps4/one can upgrade it for free if they get a ps5/seriesx?

Probably they will release a PS5/XSEX game, and they will check the game is free for PS4/One owners. Several developers already confirmed this on their games

sobaka770

Banned
And just like that my replay of Witcher 3 is delayed until this comes out.

I just want to say a big "Thank You" to CDPR for releasing this, making it free for current owners, making it available on PC and bringing HDR to the platform. You guys deserve all the support.

Exentryk

Awesome news!

Also, gotta love that CDPR value with free upgrade for PC. A new playthrough with a 3080 seems inevitable. Outstanding stuff!

Last edited:

FeiRR

Banned
I'll redownload it to check if that glitched werewolf mission in Skellige is finally playable. If yes, who knows, maybe a platinum.

DJT123

I've had my fill of this magnificent game already. 100's of hours. Don't play it without HalkHogans HD texture mod if you're on PC.

Ellery

Love this game.

I am glad I haven't replayed it so far and this update makes me genuinely consider playing it again on PC or getting it on PS5 even, because by then I have a 4K HDR TV which is going to be more beautiful than my 1440p 144hz IPS gaming monitor.
No idea how it feels on a controller though. Only played it with M+KB so far.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
hopefully they will support RT on ps5
and use the full potential of the hyperboost SSD

This is literally the most consumer friendly dev of all time. Bless you CDPR!

I bought Witcher 3 Complete about 4 years ago for PS4 but knew it ran like crap so I haven't bothered yet. I was waiting for this moment.

My current PS5 launch line up includes:
Ghost of Tsushima
Last of Us Part II
CyberPunk 2077
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Spiderman Miles Morales
And now The Witcher 3.. lol

I think I'm good for this holiday, but I'll still take the Demon's Souls Remake if Sony is offering!

SilentUser

Never played it (I know, I know...) so I'm most likely buying one to play later on PS5 :D It is a way to support their very positive decision.

Hostile_18

Banned
I literally googled this an hour ago when I was weighing up if I should go PC or PS5 and now they announced it because of MY search.

Best game of all time.

DeaDPo0L84

I've downloaded so many mods for this game that it actually pushes my hardware harder than even current games. I have beaten it 3 times on the current console's and with all the mods I've downloaded on PC it feels/ looks like an entirely different game.

I was actually just replaying the dlc but now I'll wait for the ray tracing update and see what other visual enhancements they make. I just hope the new update doesn't cause me to have to redownload all the mods again. Regardless I will if I have to cause it's my favorite game of all time and CDPR stays winning.

DJT123

I dont know why CDPR dont pay the modder who made the HD Reworked Project, to use the mod in this remaster. It transforms the game and this remaster still wont look as good if its using stock textures, which it probably is.
Absolutely! HD Reworked Project + with what they're doing here they could easily sell it again to next-gen consoles. They are very consumer friendly.

Top Bottom