• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Patch 1.07 Changelog

I always worry that performance optimizations may include dumbing down the graphics. I can still remember a time when that wasn't a common fear.

murgo

Damn, this update sounds awesome! Finally a stash and no more goddamn books in the usable items tab. I'm sick of scrolling down miles of useless books to get to my potions..

Daingurse

Really interested in whatever that "movement" option is. I really hate the way Geralt moves in the game.

Honestly never had an issue with Geralt's movement during my play-thru, but will be interested in trying this new option. Definitely found Roach odd to control though.

Wow, I've been so busy at work that I figured I'd wait for the game to be patched a few times before I got into it. It looks like this may be the patch I was waiting for.

Kambing

Has there been any word on a NG+? Waiting for my second play through for info denying or confirming its existence.

GavinUK86

The stash sounds great. I've been using the inventory mod so I can keep all my Witcher armors.

Book thing is needed!

The movement thing will be interesting to try but I have no issues with the way Geralt moves now.

I'll be interested to jump back in and give the inventory and movement another try.

Both had extremely poor implementations in the game.

Book sorting and crafting items no longer count as weight....

tumblr_mjmv9ffmq01rxly6do1_500.gif

Struct09

Sounds good. I put the game down shortly after launch having spent only 10 hours on it with hopes that they would iron out the small problems, I'll have to check it out again.

Traffcore

That's fine and all, but I really just need a fix for the Claywich trader! I need them Gwent cards man...

Edit: Or a NG+ would potentially fix this!

laxu

I don't even know why they bother with an inventory weight limit, what's the purpose of it? I would've gone crazy without pc weight mods.

To prevent you from hauling all of those extra swords and armors to the various merchants and making huge bank. I did that anyway, those good saddlebags help a lot. Overall having the stashes and a grid based inventory might've worked better for this game - sure it's inventory tetris but at least it means you won't run around with three heavy armors in your backpack. Alternatively having separate inventory for Roach and Geralt might've made for better balance.

takriel

I'm betting the new movement won't lead to Geralt stopping every time you try to pick something up. That's annoying.

Gurish

Don't see anything specific regarding PS4 performance, there is no reason a game like Batman that looks incredible will run so good while W3 don't, I know the reasons that they are used to work with direct and PS4 development was a little rough for them, but I do expect that by now they will be able to stable it.

Deadstar

Alternate Book Tab

Thank the gods! The books are fine but they really cluttered up the inventory. Can't wait for this patch!

One step closer to the EE.

I hope this includes a fix for the Zoltan card (if you missed it in the prologue, it's supposed to be under dead man's tree except it isn't).

Coolade

Hopefully they fixed the random crashes and freezing. Had to roll back to feb nvidia drivers to make the game stable. Thank god crafting items won't count against weight.

I haven't had any major issues with how Geralt moves, but it's great that they are putting in an alternative option.

The whole patch sounds great. Book tab and less stuff taking up weight will be awesome.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It never fails, every time I beat an RPG these days, within days or a couple of weeks a patch comes out that fixes all my issues with it.

Morts

I was hoping for a font size increase on the inventory screen, but the rest sounds great.

Now I have to decide whether to keep playing tonight or wait for this.

see5harp

Glad to see they are still working out the kinks. I haven't even gotten a few hours in and already was feeling like the movement was crazy sluggish and laggy. I also think that CD Projekt has some of the worst UI designers in the industry.

Don't see anything specific regarding PS4 performance, there is no reason a game like Batman that looks incredible will run so good while W3 don't, I know the reasons that they are used to work with direct and PS4 development was a little rough for them, but I do expect that by now they will be able to stable it.

Because this is about 1.07 for PC, not the equivalent 1.06 that would be for PS4.

oh man..those inventory, weight and stash updates sound great! I don't care about the horse one as I can't remember the last time I rode the damn thing. lol I just run around all over the place. I don't need a damn horse! :p

JoduanER2

Please please be performace optimizations for PS4!

hawk2025

CDPR showing everyone how post-release support is supposed to work. Again.

...Yeah, let's not go too far.

Simple inventory sorting and stashing is something that should have been in the very first playable build of the game, and so is better movement.

Sanctuary

The fixes to alchemy and stash locations is much needed. Also the read books tab is clutch because at some point you lose track of all the books you've hoarded and dont know what you can get rid of.

You can get rid of all of them. If you've stopped actually reading them, but aren't sure which books offer notes to the bestiary, just mash through all of the books you have and then sell them.
I think I'm going to stop playing my current half finished (for the second time) replay until this patch is live. So many QoL changes that should have been day one.

The movement thing will be interesting to try but I have no issues with the way Geralt moves now.

His movement is ridiculous if you're moving around trying to collect herbs, especially while running. He also seems to be unable to stop from a sprint like a normal human (and seeing that he has cat like reflexes and agility, it should be even easier for him). It's like he has this super weighted momentum that makes slowing down incredibly hard or something. It makes him overshoot everything.

If they tighten up the movement, that will alleviate most of the concerns I see people having with this game. That might not make the combat more enjoyable for people, but just moving around the world tends to be a pretty frustrating experience.

Yogg

• Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
  • Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
  • Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
  • Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.

So good ! That covers almost all my little issues with the game.

Glass

I've not played W3 yet (waiting for new GPU) but Geralt has a small turn circle right?
Wonder if the new movement will be like W2 which I loved. Can't wait to see it in action.

Kanhir

Fantastic change list! Devs that actually listen to user experiences and figure out elegant solutions are the best.

wrowa

I'm captured in the "I'll wait for the next patch before I continue playing" loop. I absolutely appreciate that they are still working on the game - especially since I found it to be rather rough at launch - but it makes it hard to go back to the game when you know that it's only getting better and better. Now might be the time to finally go back to it, though.

Or maybe I'll just wait one more patch.

Top Bottom