• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Patch 1.07 Changelog

erawsd

Don't see anything specific regarding PS4 performance, there is no reason a game like Batman that looks incredible will run so good while W3 don't, I know the reasons that they are used to work with direct and PS4 development was a little rough for them, but I do expect that by now they will be able to stable it.

Well, the reason would be that Rocksteady sacrificed the PC version so they could focus all of their resources on the console games.

LifEndz

Great update. Was hoping storage would come in the form of a house, but the bin is good. Just hope each bin allows access to all the items stored across all the bins. Def switching to the new movement mode right away. Can't be worse than this.

Damn shame about the quest fix having to be a thing. Already have been locked out of three quests, one of which was a story quest that I didn't even know about until I got a prompt saying I failed it, but loading up an earlier save wouldn't allow me to play it.

Still, there's a lot of good here. CD project, don't change. Now I just have to figure out how to uninstall that triss costume.

If they tighten up the movement, that will alleviate most of the concerns I see people having with this game. That might not make the combat more enjoyable for people, but just moving around the world tends to be a pretty frustrating experience.

Hey Geralt just go down this ledge will you? Wait no! Don't just jump... well now you are just rolling down onto that cliff

A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.

Cool. Now, I hope they get rid of the vendor selling limit cap (ie - when I try to sell all my stuff and the vendor runs out of money to buy it from me). Because, it's really annoying and not fun. It's a game. No need for 100% reality.

Tagyhag

And this is why I don't buy games at launch, can't wait to play the definitive edition later on without wasting my time on the inferior launch model.

Hats off to CD Projekt though, other companies would have been "What you see is what you get!".

LiK

That's a shitload of stuff that should've been in the game day one. Definitely worth it for a replay.

Still no NG+ option?

Kanhir

Great update. Was hoping storage would come in the form of a house, but the bin is good. Just hope each bin allows access to all the items stored across all the bins. Def switching to the new movement mode right away. Can't be worse than this.

I doubt they'll magically transport your stuff across the land (although that would be great!), but I guess fast travel will sort that.

Now I just have to figure out how to uninstall that triss costume.

If you're using GOG Galaxy, you can go to More > Configure and untick it. Apparently you can also disable it from the options in the main menu, but I haven't tried that.

Deadstar

CDPR showing everyone how post-release support is supposed to work. Again.

This is why I support them. They are the best studio out there right now and have been for years. The value you get for your money is unmatched and they treat the customer right.

bargeparty

Are they going to fix all the bugs and problems they introduced in the other patches? (speaking of ps4). I put the game on hold while I played other stuff like Batman. Pretty hard to play the game with all the issues now to be honest.

jett

D-Member
Cool. Now, I hope they get rid of the vendor selling limit cap (ie - when I try to sell all my stuff and the vendor runs out of money to buy it from me). Because, it's really annoying and not fun. It's a game. No need for 100% reality.

There's so much dumb in this game, and most of it was also in TW2. I can't believe it took several patches to change some of this stuff to be honest.

I'm glad I waited this long to start playing to be honest. Although I'm still gonna wait a little longer for the PS4 version's 20fps lock issue to be addressed.

The delay on New Game + is mind boggling. I've been holding out on a second playthrough waiting for one. Adventuring with low stat armor in a game like this makes no sense. You would think given his past adventures, Geralt would come in prepared.

Sanctuary

They're responding to consumer feedback with patches.

Do you want them to just not do that?

There's no way that the sorting methods (especially in the "useable item" menu) or filtering options went unnoticed during their testing, or someone thought "yeah, this is fantastic" before it shipped.

The delay on New Game + is mind boggling. I've been holding out on a second playthrough waiting for one. Adventuring with low stat armor in a game like this makes no sense. You would think given his past adventures, Geralt would come in prepared.

NG+ doesn't make any sense at all in this game, and the only reason people keep yammering on and on about it is because so many other games started offering it. So a bunch of people act like it's a required feature or something. The only way it would make sense is if all of the enemies had stats that were jacked up compared to your first playthrough. Otherwise, just playing the game on easy makes it about the same for damage reduction. It's not like the combat is actually any good anyway.

136 hours and counting loveeee the game so far this update is amazing the, stacking, sorting if items etc.
All soooooo goood :D

Going to love this update!

Denton

CDP, always going above and beyond.
I want to wait for expansions for second playthrough, but god damn is it hard to resist.

matmanx1

See I knew this game would improve tremendously post launch. Both of the previous Witcher games did also. I waited til last week to choose my video card (a 980Ti) and install a new SSD (Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB) so that I could really start playing The Witcher 3 and get the most enjoyment out of it.

It's been really hard but sometimes waiting a month or so post launch on these big RPG's makes a lot of sense for a variety of reasons. I've improved my hardware and CDPR has greatly improved the game in that same span of time.

SJRB

Gold Member
Super happy they've fixed a lot of the inventory annoyances. Having dedicated storages is a godsend as well.

Really curious about that movement adjustment.

tbd

Don't most WRPGs have this? I like it. Simply makes the player be more careful and adds importance to all the smaller villages with merchants. You can also give him money if you need anything he sells.

massoluk

Banned
•Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.

My hoarder self is pleased. Come on man, weeds you picked by a roadside shouldn't end up encumbering you.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, the inventory and weight management was the least of my issues with the game.

They should fix the numerous spots on the map where if you fall in, that's it, it's game over. There's a few in the various marshes next to big bodies of water, with holes in the terrain that you cannot jump out of due to being filled with water and the edges too steep. You cannot walk out of them, can't slide, can't horse, can't even glitch out of, and the only thing you can do is reload or quit the game.

Teleporting enemies is also really annoying. You'll be in the middle of a fight when an enemy just disappears and reappears within a single frame on another part of the map. Easily reproducible with bilge hags and no, they are not going under the water like normal. They just instantly teleport with no animation. I think it's a bug with their submerging ability though I've seen it happen with wolves and bears too.

Good on them for fixing bugged quests though, that was getting annoying. Go here. Nothing happens, nothing triggers. Talk to <X>, they're not there. Finish quest, suddenly it's a completely different time of day a second later. Talk to person, they become a different NPC, have broken dialog, and then it places you in a random nearby location when the dialog ends and delete that new spawned NPC a few seconds later.

Hopefully the new movement system lets you move more freely in combat so you don't have to spam light dodge to get everywhere and stops you from sheathing a weapon automatically in the middle of a fight so you start attacking with fists unknowingly.

Game is really buggy sometimes.

BouncyFrag

Good patch. Too bad I'm done with the game for now. Not having storage and a decent inventory system from day one is a head scratcher for me.

Lettuce

Might actual pick this up now on the XB1....only heard good things about this game and with it being so well supported with these patches will make the experience even better, i wounder if i should wait longer for more patches or is more or less everything fixed now?

I don't see anything about it, but I hope they also fix the choppy music in the PS4 startup/menu screen! It's been that way for me since I started playing the game, and it makes booting up the game a whole lot less epic...

Curious about the optional movement, otherwise it sounds like a lot of common sense improvements that should have been there day one.

ced

Sounds great.

This game will be epic (or the way it should have been on release) after a year of patches, or enhanced edition patch.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Can I install this directly from 1.05 without going to 1.06? Will I not get the improvements in 1.06 that way? How does this work?

Top Bottom