• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Without too much thought what is your favorite game of all time?

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
doom thumbs up GIF

EwwLink

Neo Member
Everybody's/Hot Shots Golf 5 (PS3)
I tried this game out recently via streaming on PlayStation Plus Premium and was blown away by how much I got sucked in.
Something about this one that was better than all the other Everybody's Golf I've ever played.
Glad to know someone else out there loved it.

Super Metroid.

Love the atmosphere, the sounds, the gameplay design, pretty much everything about it. Every room in that game is something unique.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Can't say just one because advances in technology make it so I have one few each gen.

Zelda ott was probably for that gen.

GTA San Andreas for that gen

GTA on that gen

RDR2 for last gen

Deerock71

I always go to Goldeneye. At the time, it was Halo before Halo, and I played until dawn with my college buddies on almost a nightly basis. And it's single player game was the gift that kept on giving, to boot.

Last edited:

op22

Star Wars Chess. In regular chess, a bad move results in a piece being moved from the board off to the side. In video game chess, ominous music starts playing and you have to suffer through blood-boiling animations.

9AKguPX.gif

Shifty1897

Without too much thought? 3 Houses. I love the campaigns, the new game plus, the DLC. I’ll continue playing it for years.
I agree that the base game is amazing but oof that DLC put a bad taste in my mouth.

Also for me, I go back and forth between The Witcher 3 and Chrono Trigger being my favorite.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I don't like admitting it but probably World of Warcraft. I was really young, of the age when one gets really into their interests. And during its heyday it really was a great game. Those who are only familiar with it following Wrath of the Lich King just can't understand. Even the community was completely different back then. It was a hugely popular entertainment vehicle with commercials during major primetime and everything.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It’s between OOT and Banjo and it’s probably impossible for me to split them. They’re the 2. Easily.

The first one that came to mind is (still) Guardian Heroes. Dungeon Keeper, Warcraft 2 and Tales of Symphonia are not far behind though.

Yerd

World of Warcraft.

Non of the new stuff, I'm talking vanilla, burning crusade and wrath of the lich king.

Stopped playing after wotlc

I don't like admitting it but probably World of Warcraft. I was really young, of the age when one gets really into their interests. And during its heyday it really was a great game. Those who are only familiar with it following Wrath of the Lich King just can't understand. Even the community was completely different back then. It was a hugely popular entertainment vehicle with commercials during major primetime and everything.

I loved vanilla. I played a fury spec warrior and was a very popular target for people on my server. No body played fury spec on my server. Dalaran was a pve server.

I got so excited when they were re-releasing vanilla. I payed for a month and rejoined my old clan who are still going... get to level 10 and realize they did NOT use the vanilla fury spec. Pissed off about that. They used a build that was implemented way after vanilla. I'm an old fuck and in no way would able to compete with people like I used to, but fury spec was too fun.

One of the guys in my clan who is a huge nerd would argue that it's the original spec, but he had no clue. The original fury final ability gave you 100% damage an your next hit after a kill. In pvp it's incredible. I was a tauren warrior and people hated me and being taurenade me a big target. I loved the old crossroads style meetup battles. I was usually the favorite target on the field. Charge in and find either a low level or someone with low health. Kill and start a spree of murder. Or just charge into a pile of people and do the fear shout to get them out. I miss that game.

I couldn't deal with whatever bullshit version of fury they went with. That isn't vanilla wow. You make vanilla wow the way it was, imbalance and all.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
There has only been a handful of perfect games . Mine would have to be super Mario bros 3 and super Metroid.

Top Bottom