• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd Box Office 01•31-02•02•14 - that awkward moment when frozen still rides along

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't making a Wreck-It Ralph sequel. The director's tossed out "hey, wouldn't it be neat if Mario was in a sequel!" and people have immediately assumed it's happening.

I don't expect a Frozen sequel, either. Shorts and rides and whatever, sure, but that WDAS slate is looking damned full.

They aren't making a Wreck-It Ralph sequel. The director's tossed out "hey, wouldn't it be neat if Mario was in a sequel!" and people have immediately assumed it's happening.

I don't expect a Frozen sequel, either. Shorts and rides and whatever, sure, but that WDAS slate is looking damned full.

I don't think we can say this with absolute certainty. Yes, WDAS has a lot of films listed for the next several years, but most of them aren't in production yet. Nothing is stopping the suits from looking at Frozen's numbers and pushing some of those films further back to make place for Frozen 2.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
The sad part about all of this is that the wrong Frozen is getting all the attention, and most of you are probably completely oblivious to the other Frozen. THIS is the Frozen you guys need to watch and appreciate:

3bwru.jpg

ZoddGutts

The sad part about all of this is that the wrong Frozen is getting all the attention, and most of you are probably completely oblivious to the other Frozen. THIS is the Frozen you guys need to watch and appreciate:

3bwru.jpg

Would not be surprise if it's a better movie than Disney's Frozen. It was a good movie but nothing to get crazy about.

overcast

Great news for Frozen, really enjoyed the movie, going to buy it on Blu. I preferred Tangled, but Princess and the Frog, Wreck it Ralph, along with the two movies previously mentioned are all great. Sign of more things to come from Disney hopefully.

That said, I would be extremely disappointed in a Frozen sequel. Even if it's "theater release quality". Disney can't fall in the hole of releasing unnecessary sequels, definitely not seeing where the Frozen lore can expand. Keep on with originals.

Instead of making a sequel to Frozen they should adapt another well-known beloved story that serves as a complete character and story arc.

You know like they've always done.

That being said I would see the shit out of a Frozen 2 if it were done by the same staff.

Replicant

3bwru.jpg

I've seen that and it's pretty good. Although in some ways watching the characters get into deeper and deeper hole is like watching a trainwreck. How can you fucked up so much in one night?

kswiston

First estimates for LEGO Movie show a $20m Friday, and possibly $60+M weekend. Great start for a movie with a budget of only $60M

Predictions have been all over the place during the week. Most places predicted a $40m weekend, while a few places were thinking it could hit $70.

Actual Friday estimate was $17.1M, so the weekend should be somewhere in the $50-55M range.

With some competition in the same genre, Frozen took a bit of a tumble. It will probably be down 30-35% from last weekend. $375M is obviously a sure thing, but I'm not convinced that $400M is in the cards coming off a ~$6M weekend with over $30M to go.

Vampire Academy continues the trend of Young Adult Fantasy flops. A $1.4M opening day means that this weekend will be under $5M. No idea what the budget was on the film.

Ride Along will pass $100M today.

kswiston

Looks like I was way off on Lego. Early Saturday numbers are pointing to big increases for it, and perhaps a 4x opening day multiplier for the weekend.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Looks like I was way off on Lego. Early Saturday numbers are pointing to big increases for it, and perhaps a 4x opening day multiplier for the weekend.

The hype for this weekend results is building up.

3N16MA

Banned
The LEGO Movie:

FRI: 17.14M
SAT: 30.94M
SUN: 21.04M

4X OD multiplier and really great rise on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom