• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has this been delayed in Australia (or anywhere else) on Steam?
Steam is now saying May 2014 - previously it said 20 May 2014

While Bethesda announced a worldwide release date of May 20th, this was never mentioned on Steam page as it requires Bethesda to set a specific unlock date (custom phrases aside), which hasn't happened yet. Once it does, though, you'll get the full date and a countdown timer.

Did they ever add wolfenstein 2009 back onto steam?

No. The reason the game remained property of Acti is that it was still in development when Zenimax bought id, so it was excluded from the sale.

I just downloaded it last week. I bought it long time ago

He's not referring to the game data.

Denzar

Wolfenstein: TNO is a rare exemple of the marketing getting me hyped for a game. I had no interest in this game whatsoever back when it was announced. Reading previews and watching gameplay and trailers is what got me pumped. It seems to be the other way around with me and video games nowadays. Good on Bethesda. really looking forward to this.

Great job on the OT as well!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rewatching bits of the twitch stream, goddamn the music/ambience is good.

jaosobno

OK, I watched Twitch stream and absolutely loved what I saw.

Gameplay is excellent, gibs, gibs everywhere! But the thing what made me immediately connect to PS Store and preorder the PS4 version was a single thing: double barreled shotgun. The feel and the reload animation gave me immediate flashback to Doom II. After seeing that, I knew I had to play this on day 1.

Can't wait for May 20! Does anyone know when preloading will be allowed?

Daximuss

Great OT!
I am really looking forward to playing this. Trying to decide if I want this on Xbox One or PS4. My buddies are on Xbox that I could chat with while playing but I cringe when I think how long it will take to install the 48 gigs on Xbox One.

Anyone else gonna start on Über mode?

Anung

Un Rama
Great OT!
I am really looking forward to playing this. Trying to decide if I want this on Xbox One or PS4. My buddies are on Xbox that I could chat with while playing but I cringe when I think how long it will take to install the 48 gigs on Xbox One.

Anyone else gonna start on Über mode?

I'll do what I do with most games. Normal run at first, alternate/stealth run while grabbing collectibles and then the hardest difficulty run.

Then here to brag.

Daximuss

I'll do what I do with most games. Normal run at first, alternate/stealth run while grabbing collectibles and then the hardest difficulty run.

Then here to brag.
That's actually a damn good idea. Trying to find all the collectibles on the hardest difficulty prolly not the best idea.

derFeef

Then here to brag.

Maaan I wish I had the time for that. Gonna be a straight Über run for me (if possible).
Props for avy :)

iamjohn

Why do I feel like this game is extremely underhyped? I've never played one of these games before so I'm pretty confused as to whether or not I should get this game.

Why do I feel like this game is extremely underhyped? I've never played one of these games before so I'm pretty confused as to whether or not I should get this game.
I think the people who want the game are extremely hyped

I don't think it's gotten much coverage because Watchdogs is coming out soon after. While that doesn't look like an interesting game to me, that's where the media focus is and it will sell a lot more than Wolfenstein.

Deadbeat

Banned
So the pirate version on the ps3 is out and its 18gb. In comparison the ps3 version of rage was 20gb. PC version of Rage was around 20gb like the ps3 version. Yet here they are telling us that Wolf on PC is 50gb. So are we getting higher quality assets or is it just a bluff?

v0mitg0d

wwhhhhhy there dar!! More to come...

https://twitter.com/heymarkd

BnnJCeNCMAA6Yk_.jpg

scitek

So the pirate version on the ps3 is out and its 18gb. In comparison the ps3 version of rage was 20gb. PC version of Rage was around 20gb like the ps3 version. Yet here they are telling us that Wolf on PC is 50gb. So are we getting higher quality assets or is it just a bluff?

The PC version's presumably ported from the current-gen versions, so I'd assume yes, there's higher quality assets.

Wait, so does this game not have any of the occult stuff? That's kind of a bummer, the retro-futurism stuff looks great but I do love me some insane occult WW2 stories.

Xater

Did they mention what the secret mode is going to be? I mean the one that unlocks when you collect all the secrets in a level or is that just the 999 mode?

Wait, so does this game not have any of the occult stuff? That's kind of a bummer, the retro-futurism stuff looks great but I do love me some insane occult WW2 stories.

No occult stuff in this game.

Daximuss

Agreed. I'm hoping they added a chapter or two with the trademark Wolfenstein occult stuff.

mjc

I think the insane retro-futuristic 60s vibe is more than enough of a replacement for the occult content.

Agreed. I love the occult Nazi stories but it's good to get something a little different. It looks like we're still getting the cool German castle settings and stuff like that.

Levyne

Banned
The sound designer or composer or whatever his role was titled has worked on Killer Instinct and some of the Need for Speed games. I don't know anything about those. Wouldn't a racing game be basically licensed tracks? (I wouldn't know).

-Amon-

The sound designer or composer or whatever his role was has worked on Killer Instinct and some of the Need for Speed games. I don't know anything about those. Wouldn't a racing game be basically licensed tracks? (I wouldn't know).

You are correct. But sound designer is a totally different job from sound composer.

Edit: where did you find that info ? It would be easier to clarify.

Really hope this turns out good. Not usually a fan of military first person shooters but I like stuff in settings such as this.

-Amon-

I gave up and watched the two gameplay segments on youtube.

The first part is phenomenal. I really hope the rest of the game will be like that.

Reading that id thread is depressing. I really hope this game turns out good so at least one of their franchises will continue to be talked about in a good light.

Gangxxter

Does anybody know why it's allowed to run the US Steam version in Austria now? A few weeks ago, it was prohibited to run in Germany and Austria.
Was there any kind of announcement?

I live in Austria and I'm tempted to import the US version. But I'm afraid, Bethesda will change the Steam sub so it will be again prohibited to run in Austria (which means I would need an US VPN connection every time I'd like to run the game).

http://steamdb.info/sub/41632/

Top Bottom