• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

AJ_Wings

These guys didn't plan out things ahead for the Pc release, haven't they? Disappointed on how late the preloading is.

Also, I wouldn't put too much stock to that little clip. From what I've seen in streams, the Ai is effective at flanking and flushing you out in gun combat.

iMax

Good news! It's now available for download on the Xbox One Game Store.
Bad news... it's freaking expensive.

Bn5APddIUAEWP13.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The XBone just automatically detected that they'd need to buy a new hard drive to fit it.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
LMAOOOO

what's the story behind this!?

That video

I'm worried :(

That was from a play through on Easy. If you look at the player health in the beginning, it is at 120. Normal and above should scale only to 100.

Also, that is a cutting tool, not a weapon.

Weapon Spoilers:
You get a cutting tool that is meant to be a weapon later. It was featured in one of the early gameplay trailers.

Neuro

I have been playing this game over the weekend on my PS4, dont know about the resolution but runs at a smooth 60 FPS

There are a few technical hiccups here and there but overall it runs fine, overall the art design is pretty good, but it does look like a last generation title (Id tech 5 really has poor physics, I noticed this in RAGE as well)

The gameplay is fast and frantic, the AI is not the best but sometimes there are a large number of them on screen give you the sheer pleasure of mowing them down at times, dual wielding is a whole lotta fun, there is something really satisfying killing a mechanized dog :)

There are tons of secrets well hidden within the levels of the game and if you have the time and patience for them, sometimes the areas have alternate objectives that are not spelt out which makes sections of it feel non-linear

The overall plot tries to set a tone for a dark and gritty shooter but sadly its not able to pull it off with finesse since the gameplay is more of comical gore than anything serious, though BJ's tone throughout is quite dark it just feels disjoint

I am yet to finish the game spent around 4 and half hours in it, dont exactly know where I am but each of the chapters are fairly long and do not get over in a matter of minutes

Overall the game should fall in the 6-7 range, this is not you big budget over the top shooter, its a decent game with a few hiccups here and there, a good way to idle time away till the big ones hit.

EDIT: Just read the PC gamer thing here on Wolfenstien 2009, I have to agree with them on this Wolf 2009 was much better than this anyday, it had a lot more cohesiveness and synergy in its plot, gameplay and action, however that everyone ditched the game did really badly in terms of sales, this game is just a shooter nothing more nothing less, it takes you back to the early 90s when all you needed to do was push a trigger and blow enemies apart..

scitek

I have been playing this game over the weekend on my PS4, dont know about the resolution but runs at a smooth 60 FPS

There are a few technical hiccups here and there but overall it runs fine, overall the art design is pretty good, but it does look like a last generation title (Id tech 5 really has poor physics, I noticed this in RAGE as well)

The gameplay is fast and frantic, the AI is not the best but sometimes there are a large number of them on screen give you the sheer pleasure of mowing them down at times, dual wielding is a whole lotta fun, there is something really satisfying killing a mechanized dog :)

There are tons of secrets well hidden within the levels of the game and if you have the time and patience for them, sometimes the areas have alternate objectives that are not spelt out (Hint you can destroy something in the first chapter of the game that you are not "ordered" to do) which makes sections of it feel non-linear

The overall plot tries to set a tone for a dark and gritty shooter but sadly its not able to pull it off with finesse since the gameplay is more of comical gore than anything serious, though BJ's tone throughout is quite dark it just feels disjoint

I am yet to finish the game spent around 4 and half hours in it, dont exactly know where I am but each of the chapters are fairly long and do not get over in a matter of minutes

Overall the game should fall in the 6-7 range, this is not you big budget over the top shooter, its a decent game with a few hiccups here and there, a good way to idle time away till the big ones hit.

EDIT: Just read the PC gamer thing here on Wolfenstien 2009, I have to agree with them on this Wolf 2009 was much better than this anyday, it had a lot more cohesiveness and synergy in its plot, gameplay and action, however that everyone ditched the game did really badly in terms of sales, this game is just a shooter nothing more nothing less, it takes you back to the early 90s when all you needed to do was push a trigger and blow enemies apart..

Sweet, so it's not a 9 or 10 like Call of Duty, or apparently Wolfenstein 2009, but it should hold me over until the next [insert big budget shooter here] hits.

AJ_Wings

Wolf09 was totally cohesive with it's badly designed, boring hub world and dull npcs that kept droning on and on until they told you what you needed to do with their unskippable dialogue.

EmpReb

Banned

There are tons of secrets well hidden within the levels of the game and if you have the time and patience for them, sometimes the areas have alternate objectives that are not spelt out (Hint you can destroy something in the first chapter of the game that you are not "ordered" to do) which makes sections of it feel non-linear

Well then I guess it's more shadow warrior for me. Sorry but 60 is too much for something I can already do that I got for 20. And Transistor is out too.

Blizzard

Banned
That video

I'm worried :(
That was from a play through on Easy. If you look at the player health in the beginning, it is at 120. Normal and above should scale only to 100.

Weapon Spoilers:
You get a cutting tool that is meant to be a weapon later. It was featured in one of the early gameplay trailers.

I agree with Casimir -- is there any evidence that it isn't one of the easier modes?
f7vdsptqhsmsbtmojtwi3kkw3.jpg

Unit24

Wolf09 was totally cohesive with it's badly designed, boring hub world and dull npcs that kept droning on and on until they told you what you needed to do with their unskippable dialogue.

Yeah, I really don't buy that 2009 is better than The New Order. I liked 2009, but it was pretty mediocre overall.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Those with the console version (PS4 specifically) do you find something wrong with the aiming? I could swear something is messed up here. Kinda reminds me of Uncharted 3 aiming issues.

Neuro

Yeah, I really don't buy that 2009 is better than The New Order. I liked 2009, but it was pretty mediocre overall.

They are two completely different games, this one is a shooter right out of the 90s, I personally liked Wolf 09 for its time bending mechanics...

This one fun and fast paced but its not something that you will remember as a highlight for this generation

PS not to spoil stuff but something right from the beginning of the game is right outta Resistance 2

Mr. Tibbs

They are two completely different games, this one is a shooter right out of the 90s, I personally liked Wolf 09 for its time bending mechanics...

This one fun and fast paced but its not something that you will remember as a highlight for this generation

Without going into specifics, is there anything on par with the couch scene from The Darkness?

Teknoman

it takes you back to the early 90s when all you needed to do was push a trigger and blow enemies apart..

But those ARE the best shooters aside from games like Half Life ( technically that was the best of both worlds at the time) and Bioshock.

EDIT: As long as it has crazy weapons, and the guns feel like they have impact behind them, im game.

Neuro

How is it from the 90's ? Its linear and full of cutscenes

Largely linear and straightforward there are secret doors that sort of lead to multiple paths...There are cutscenes but they take itself too seriously, the weapons are awesome, its good fun at times...

I have to give all of you an example of how its non linear as well

Right at the beginning of the game there is this massive Goliath (It reminded me of the opening sequence from R2 hence the name, I dont really remember what they called it) that is roaming around the beach, so while you are running around in the bunkers you have to blow up some AA guns, now you can man of those guns and take this Goliath down even though you are not specifically instructed to, I was just curious so tried it and had fun with it

Just dont expect this will be one of those games you will remember this generation, its just fun while it lasts

I also noticed something else, in the start screen there are 2 people who have the campaign listed amongst them, one was BJ and there is another person, I assume its for re-playability

Some weird stuff I noticed in the game as well, there are options of killing people stealthily, but there is no option of moving the bodies, they just coagulate...So even if you take down a patrolling guard silently, there are chances that another one might just see the corpse and raise the alarm, which leads to more enemies, I think there is an option to upgrade guns as well in the game...The pistol for instance has a silencer upgrade, but one needs to find it, its hidden somewhere within the castle walls...

There is something about capturing and killing commanders, initially I thought it would be like Killzone :mercenary where the commander gives more information or something about whereabouts within the game but it doesnt lead to anything specific...

SkylineRKR

AI is actually utter shit. They are too static, like HL2 and The Darkness. They shoot fine, but when up close they start to choke. And they are just there all of a sudden. Sometimes 3 in a row, pop one and the rest won't back away.

Level design itself seems complex for a modern FPS, but the action so far isn't satisfying. Its a step below Rage.

DieH@rd

Banned
There is something about capturing and killing commanders, initially I thought it would be like Killzone :mercenary where the commander gives more information or something about whereabouts within the game but it doesnt lead to anything specific...

Stealth killing of commanders unlocks the "question mark positions" on the game map.

Izcarielo

Banned
Just curious, what internet speeds do you all have at home? I recently "upgraded" to 30 down, so I'm not that worried about how long the download will take. If I can start it before I leave for work Tuesday morning, it will definitely be there by the time I get home.

I used to have 15 down (which hardly ever was actually that fast) and then I'd be a little more worried.

I'm more concerned with how much space it will take up on my PS4's hard drive.

I live in Spain and I have 100mb/10mb. I guess preloading 40GB/s will take 2 or 3 hours at best, so I hope Steam lets us do that on monday so we can play it the next day at 12 pm

Dawg

Weapon Spoilers:

Your info is not correct, actually. You can find permanent health upgrades throughout the game, boosting your overall health.

I have 150hp and I play on über.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That's...the last thing I wanted to here.

I really didn't like Wolf 2009 all that much. It was a solid enough game but one I ultimately found rather boring. It simply didn't do much for me.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Good news! It's now available for download on the Xbox One Game Store.
Bad news... it's freaking expensive.

Bn5APddIUAEWP13.jpg

They're just adjusting for the Australian dollar and ensuring we get more rammed after our budget :)

Also that .mp4, stab stab stab.

Top Bottom