• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
vycukd.gif

partyhard.gif :D

That's...the last thing I wanted to here.

I really didn't like Wolf 2009 all that much. It was a solid enough game but one I ultimately found rather boring. It simply didn't do much for me.

Same here. Fairly mediocre shooter imho. Guns didn't feel all that great either.

DocSeuss

You sexy Dawg!

Off-topic, been playing through RAGE right now to test if my laptop will be ok for Wolfy. Performs like 45-55 on my meh laptop which is very good. Man, how I did miss such an excellent shooter back in 2011?! The guns, the feedback, the death animations! It's quite an easy game on the hardest difficulty (Ultra Nightmare) so can't wait for Uber on Wolfy TNO.

If everyone listened to me when it came to shooters, they'd never miss a good shooter.

They are two completely different games, this one is a shooter right out of the 90s, I personally liked Wolf 09 for its time bending mechanics...

This one fun and fast paced but its not something that you will remember as a highlight for this generation

PS not to spoil stuff but something right from the beginning of the game is right outta Resistance 2

Uh, there was no time-bending in Wolf09 that I remember. That was in Raven's OTHER shooter, Singularity. Wolf09 had dimensionbending.

Neuro

Stealth killing of commanders unlocks the "question mark positions" on the game map.

Oh I thought they just used to appear randomly on the map, in the first chapter though there is a room where you can find the whole map for the section hidden in a room where there are corpses...I thought that was consistent throughout....

Neuro

[/QUOTE]Uh, there was no time-bending in Wolf09 that I remember. That was in Raven's OTHER shooter, Singularity. Wolf09 had dimensionbending.[/QUOTE]

The mechanic was similar to GoW :Ascension, pardon me if I did not know the technical term...yeah alternating between universes, I quite liked the concept, both Wolf 09 and Singularity were underappreciated IMO

Sorry for the double post...

DocSeuss

Uh, there was no time-bending in Wolf09 that I remember. That was in Raven's OTHER shooter, Singularity. Wolf09 had dimensionbending.

The mechanic was similar to GoW :Ascension, pardon me if I did not know the technical term...yeah alternating between universes, I quite liked the concept, both Wolf 09 and Singularity were underappreciated IMO

Sorry for the double post...[/QUOTE]

You can edit your post to avoid double posting. S'what I did. And I think you broke your tag.

But yeah, totally with you on that. Both games were underappreciated... including by me at the time. When I played 'em, I was all "meh, this isn't that great." Now, a few years later, I keep finding myself thinking about 'em and wanting to replay. I'm actually going to give Singularity a go in the coming months. If I can find a new job soon, I'm going to spend some money to get Wolf09 in my account.

DocSeuss

Activision own the game but Bethesda own the name so it sadly won't be seeing a release again on Steam anytime soon unless they can come to an agreement.

Activision owns the game but Bethesda owns the IP--not just the name, but the whole franchise and all the stuff with it. It's not just "Wolfenstein," but BJ, Deathshead, etc.

Virzeth

[GreenManGaming] Game Key FAQ:

When do I receive my (Steam/Origin) key?

Keys are sent out on the release date for your region. You can check this by looking at the game’s page on our site. While we understand users want to get their keys as soon as possible, especially where pre-load is available, we can’t guarantee we’ll be able to provide keys early.

Do I get pre-purchase bonus x?

You will receive everything that was listed on the product page at the time of your purchase. We do not guarantee you will receive any bonuses listed by other sites.

Where can I see my game keys?

You can find all your game keys in your Keys page. This will also list any unique vouchers you have on your account.

I’ve not yet received my game key, why not?

If the game is not yet released, keys will be made available on the day of release. If the game has released and you’ve not yet received a key please contact Customer Support. Ensure that you check your Keys page before submitting a ticket to our CS team.

https://forums.playfire.com/gmg/thread/116395

As someone with a 5 Mb/s download speed, let me just say... "</3"

Zakalwe

Banned
That's...the last thing I wanted to here.

I really didn't like Wolf 2009 all that much. It was a solid enough game but one I ultimately found rather boring. It simply didn't do much for me.

Well, you only heard it from one source. Which is an opinion peice. So, you know, it might not be the same for you.

-

I watched the devs play through the first level of this and it looks like a shallow but satisfying romp. I'll wait for a sale I think. Got Transistor instead. I'll ignore my FPS itch for a while longer...

Are you taking advantage of the leaning function? or is it completely useless at the point of the game you're in?

To be honest, I've never used it lol. It's useless to me (especially when you fight against Nazis with rocket launchers).
I hate rocket launchers.

Edit: the game is not shit or bad now but I really liked the level design and atmosphere of the first chapters.

Which version is better ps4 or xbone? I know they're both 60fps and 1080p but xbone one will probably have more tearing/framerate drops because of the inferior GPU right?

Still can't decide what version to get though.

DieH@rd

Banned
Which version is better ps4 or xbone? I know they're both 60fps and 1080p but xbone one will probably have more tearing/framerate drops because of the inferior GPU right?

Still can't decide what version to get though.

Xbone can reduce those problems by lowering LODs and other effects. Both versions will play well.

Mask

This game gets worse. The last chapters are shit. Level design is now shit...man...what the hell.

I can't see it being as bad as some of the shitty fps games I've played, and I've played Zombeer, so I know a shit fps when I see one.

My copy is already on the way, so my chance to cancel is over.

I don't think I'm going to play this game again. I'll finish it and then sell it. Great first half, absolutely terrible second half.

Edit: fuck these checkpoints!

SparkTR

This game is COD now. Get into cover behind a rock, shoot, cover, shoot, cover. If you run and shoot you're dead in seconds.
That's not old school anymore.

Granted I haven't played the game yet, but every gameplay video I saw made me think of CoD, at the very least I thought takes way more inspiration from modern CoD games rather than 90s shooters. I'm a massive fan of older shooters, and what I saw here just wasn't that, not by a long shot. That's why I've been so skeptical of it. But yeah I'm definitely waiting for some reviews for this one.

Neuro

Granted I haven't played the game yet, but every gameplay video I saw made me think of CoD, at the very least I thought takes way more inspiration from modern CoD games rather than 90s shooters. I'm a massive fan of older shooters, and what I saw here just wasn't that, not by a long shot. That's why I've been so skeptical of it. But yeah I'm definitely waiting for some reviews for this one.

Its not COD, the enemies do not spawn at one place and come rushing towards the enemy, granted they arent the smartest but this is not like COD, they do run around here and there, try and overpower you, move from one place to another...

COD has a very different feel to it, there is not much going on in the COD universe

Wolfenstien' TNO can be played liked COD, it can also be played like a 90s shooter where there is a health bar, where enemies dont spawn infinitely,

Enemies are limited in the game unless one raises alarms...I would still say its quite fun so far and not a terrible game but not a great one either and I would still say pick this for last gen systems because it really feels it was designed for last gen not this one

Oh I do think RAGE looks better than this game, there is something awfully plasticky about the enemies, they just dont seem to have the right kind of weight in the game...

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Calm down folks, you know you may actually feel different and really like the last chapters for all you know! :p

Activision owns the game but Bethesda owns the IP--not just the name, but the whole franchise and all the stuff with it. It's not just "Wolfenstein," but BJ, Deathshead, etc.

That's what I meant but phrased completely wrong :p

AHA-Lambda

Can anyone who has it early comment on the nature of divergent choice stuff that was mentioned by the devs before?

I don't think I'm going to play this game again. I'll finish it and then sell it. Great first half, absolutely terrible second half.

Edit: fuck these checkpoints!

First Godzilla now Wolfenstein will break my heart this weekend :(

AJ_Wings

Everything, lol.
I also like how they remove every weapon from your inventory at the start of a new level, so you have to find them again.

I always got the impression that the player starts the level with at least a knife and the Lazerkraftwerk energy weapon. If that's the case then that's not too bad.

Details man! P.S use spoilers tags where appropriate :)

Level design is more linear
Enemy placement is sometimes frustrating
I'm not interested in the story anymore
Lack of atmosphere compared to the first chapters
The game feels rushed at the end.

Don't get me wrong, this is not a bad shooter. Actually I loved the first half of the game. But I think this game will get lots of 6/10 because of the boring/dull second half.

Neuro

Level design is more linear
Enemy placement is sometimes frustrating
I'm not interested in the story anymore
Lack of atmosphere compared to the first chapters
The game feels rushed at the end.

Don't get me wrong, this is not a bad shooter. Actually I loved the first half of the game. But I think this game will get lots of 6/10 because of the boring/dull second half.

Dont know about the second half, but first few chapters have a semi-non linear design, I posted an example of this before with a spoiler tag, it depends on how much you really want to invest in the game

The story is crap, I agree right from the get-go

There is an overall lack of atmosphere, but art design has been pretty good so far, haven't finished it so can't comment much on the ending...But yeah like I said before 6-7 game for me, not more than that...

Benjography

Neo Member
I was pretty keen on picking this up as I'm a 90's shooter guy, but from what I'm reading it may be an expensive early access doom beta.

@The perfect Dark

Is music used in trailers and promotion also found in the game ?

Unlocked any bonus/secret modes ?

Can you replay chapters with all perks/skills fully upgraded ?

thanks

Neuro

@The perfect Dark

Is music used in trailers and promotion also found in the game ?

Unlocked any bonus/secret modes ?

Can you replay chapters with all perks/skills fully upgraded ?

thanks

Havent finished it, but I have an answer to a few of your questions
there is another mode which has another character from the start screen, the music is there off an on at sections...

Top Bottom