• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Don't necessarily expect just Metal, his solo stuff takes a lot from Allan Holdsworth's Jazz fusion styling as well, which is often quite expressive and eerie. Can't wait!!

Out of his solo stuff I'm only familiar with Sol Niger Within. Pretty rad stuff.

sjay1994

I had zero interest in this game.

Then I watched a gameplay demo where the lines "I am coming for you, you fucking Nazi spaceman" and "fuck the moon" where spoken.

Pre-ordered.

Adan0s

I really want to play this game, but I'm really not sure how/what to get.

Don't see the point in supporting censored games (living in germany), especially if the rumours are true that the Nazis are called "The Regime". I wouldn't mind removed swastikas but "the regime" and probably not even a german dub is a damn no-go.

Also I want to play the DOOM beta on PC, but would prefer playing the game on ps4. :/

Anyone knows if there are any legal consequences in germany if I order a UK/US copy?

sjay1994

Oh god, I so wanna preorder this, but I'd like to see at least 2-3 reviews. On the other hand, I wouldn't wanna lose access to Doom beta because of hesitation.

Did anyone here have some hands-on time? If someone did, what is your opinion of the game?

I like the way it looks, I love 1080p@60FPS, story seems like it could be quite interesting and the atmosphere is just great, but for some reason, I'm still on the fence.

People at PAX got hands on, and press got a significant amount of time with it at PAX, like 1-2 hours worth.

Buzz is its a very fun shooter.

npa189

I haven't played a good dumb shooter in a while. Still claiming bullshit on the "core i7" what does that even mean? I got the PC version for $45. Damn I love killing Nazis.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
How many times is he going to die in the same spot?
KuGsj.gif

Saganator

Damn. Kind of being ignoring the press on this game until just now, and kinda wish I kept ignoring it because now I want this damn game. May is becoming an expensive month. Mario Kart 8, The Show, Watch Dogs, and now this.. Ugh. I want to support the IP, but I'm afraid this game is gonna have to wait.

Damn. Kind of being ignoring the press on this game until just now, and kinda wish I kept ignoring it because now I want this damn game. May is becoming an expensive month. Infamous, MK8, The Show, Watch Dogs, and now this.. Ugh. I want to support the IP, but I'm afraid this game is gonna have to wait.

I swear, when I read MK8, I keep thinking a new Mortal Kombat is coming out lol.

Okay, this mode sounds cool.
999 mode. Play through 999 health counting down. I'm guessing no health pickups at all

Game looks great, too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone knows if there are any legal consequences in germany if I order a UK/US copy?

I imagine you just run the risk of having the game seized if someone at customs is particularly bored. Here in Australia you have to be incredibly unlucky for your imported RC'd game to be seized since customs has bigger things to worry about than banned video games.

Xater

I imagine you just run the risk of having the game seized if someone at customs is particularly bored. Here in Australia you have to be incredibly unlucky for your imported RC'd game to be seized since customs has bigger things to worry about than banned video games.

Yeah you are fine buying it here in Germany. You can avoid the risk of customs seizing it by ordering from a EU country. If you plan to sell your game later here in Germany that can get you into legal trouble.

bidguy

Banned
i assume the question marks on the maps are secrets ? incredibly disappointing. why are they called secrets if you already know where they are ?

Cutscenes are too long. There shouldn't be any cutscenes at all in Wolfenstein btw.
Another cinematic experience like COD....god...I got bored after 20 minutes of watching the stream.

The choices and their consequences are looking way more intriguing than I initially expected. Hope it delivers on that front considering how long the game supposedly is.

Nzyme32

Cutscenes are too long. There shouldn't be any cutscenes at all in Wolfenstein btw.
Another cinematic experience like COD....god...I got bored after 20 minutes of watching the stream.

You realise this is an entirely story driven fps, with no multiplayer and about 20hrs of game play. You may hate it, but plenty of people such as myself really want this. And the COD comparison is a very poor one. They have a campaign of only 5 hours or so the majority of which is set pieces and a story line that is linear and rather pointless. This already has a critical story diversion before the intro sequence, that effects the characters you meet and the plot itself. Pretty sure that's a dam sight better than COD

Top Bottom