• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order vs. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Wolfenstein: The New Order

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Votes: 209 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

h7SZENS.jpg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I prefered Wolfenstein, it was a surprise as I wasn't expecting it to have a nicely developed story with some cheesy moments.

Witcher 3 was a bit of a dissapointment tho, the story was nice but the gameplay was a total meh. Also it ran like utter shit on consoles at launch.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sorry Wolfenstein :messenger_winking_tongue:

Stuart360

I honestly dont undestand some of these comparisons, and how you chose them. Its like asking if i'll enjoy The Wizard of Oz as much as Schindlers List. At least compare similar games, like Witcher 3 vs AC Odyssey would of been a good example.

Trogdor1123

I'm in the minority I guess, just couldn't get into the Witcher too much. I'll retry on next generation though as I still have my copy. Really liked Wolfenstein, new collossus... Not so much.

GametimeUK

I would love to try and justify Wolfenstein because I absolutely loved it, but I simply can't. The Witcher 3 was too big of a game for me so in many respects at least Wolfenstein seen me through to completion as I prefer a shorter game these days. That being said The Witcher was just a level of quality that is almost unmatched this gen so it gets the nod as I enjoyed my time with it more despite not finishing it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I honestly dont undestand some of these comparisons, and how you chose them. Its like asking if i'll enjoy The Wizard of Oz as much as Schindlers List. At least compare similar games, like Witcher 3 vs AC Odyssey would of been a good example.
Click the link at the top of the OP - this is a bracket competition that came about because Wolfenstein won against Fortnite and Witcher won against Dishonored 2 in the previous round. It's a "game of the generation" voting - using your comparison it'd be like saying "what's your favorite movie?".

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wolfenstein:TNO was a revival of amazing single player focused shooters with a captivating alt history timeline. One of the very few games I joyfully pursued the platinum trophy in.

But the Witcher 3 is the Witcher 3. A game so good that it is in my top 5 games of all time. Really Wolfenstein didn’t stand a chance here.

Wolfenstein the New Order was a decent game, but it's successor the New Colossus was absolutely brilliant. Senile Hitler pissing in a bucket in Mars and all that...

Haven't yet played Witcher 3.

johntown

Banned
I wish some of these were better to compare. Wolfenstein vs The Witcher 3?? I liked both games but in this comparison I had to go with The Witcher 3.

Maybe it shoud have been Wolfenstein vs Doom.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wolfenstein the New Order was a decent game, but it's successor the New Colossus was absolutely brilliant. Senile Hitler pissing in a bucket in Mars and all that...

Haven't yet played Witcher 3.

Ugh

mrBarrelNut, go buy the Witcher 3, install it on the platform of your choice, and play the hit sensation and wonder why you didn't do so sooner.

DogofWar

Do people complaining this much about the gameplay in The Witcher 3 just suck at the game? I never had any complaints except my usual enemy in all games - gravity - being slightly worse than in most games this generation.

Wolfenstein was ok until the story elements kicked in, Return to Castle Wolfenstein was peak silliness and you already killed Hitler in Wolfenstein 3D. Just felt like an unusually bad hollywood movie after a while, never finished it.

stn

Wolf is a good game but TW3 beats it by a landslide. Unless you absolutely hate RPG's, there is no comparison here.

VALCON 82

I'm in the sea of Minority on this one... Wolfenstein was just good ole fashioned gaming fun, But to be honest this feels the same as the Titanfall 2 vs Ghost round. These are 2 games that shouldn't be compared (Honestly the Wolfenstein vs Titanfall 2 would be a more honest head to head and same goes for TW3 and GoT)

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't even like any of new wolfenstein games. 2009 and rtcw were better.
Witcher 3 all the way

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Funny that OP didn't dare to set up a ps exclusive up against exactly Witcher 3.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Didn't know that. How is it random?
Op randomizes it from games left. It dont't matter what game is compared to what game anyway. It's not genre battle. It's generation battle and only 1 game can win.
It can be Fifa vs witcher 3 for all it matters

MrS

Banned
A mismatch that reflects how poorly the first round was put together. Witcher 3 takes this at a canter.

Top Bottom