• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolverine will feature machine learning upscaling, possibly hinting at the PS5 Pro supporting this technology

Draugoth

Gold Member
The original (potentially bogus) PS5 Pro rumor from Resetera mentioned dedicated machine learning silicon for the purpose of AI upscaling. The base PS5 wouldn't be able to support AI upscaling (it lacks dedicated hardware plus it's missing the DP4a instructions found in vanilla RDNA2).

That being said, it could possibly mean neural-network texture upsampling, which was featured in God of War: Ragnarok, but the word "upscaling" here seems very deliberate. I will flair this as a grain of salt regardless.

omhl7omm9y9c1.png

Source

Eliciel

you know this whole leak gameplay thing that happened and all of these additional information here and there, it would be good to get some radio silence for 6-12 months now. It's getting all to unpacked already and I am kinda losing my interest more and more..

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
60fps base framerate. BASE FRAMERATE.

Sony helping us 60+fps bros out.

As for the AI stuff- cool. Imagine if Sony puts out something close to DLSS? Oof
It also says performance RT.

Now does that mean only the RT is in performance mode or does it also include the rasterization in perf mode? If so does that suggest there is a RT off mode that can reach 120fps? It's interesting to speculate the options.

Top Bottom