• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman records boyfriend after getting shot by the Police on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
why the fuck would facebook take that video off?

a scene of blood is the only thing i can think of.

FyreWulff

You know, not defending him or anything, but if I was that cop I probably would have ended up shooting someone too. I can't imagine being in a situation where you're told everyone is packing, you know you could be shot at any time, and you're taught to fear everyone.

This only happens if you're trained to shoot first instead of back out and wait in situations where you think you'll be shot.

Cops do it because you're likely to never be charged for shooting someone.

Rich!

the guy didnt even pull the weapon out... what is there to be scared about

The potential. Like I said, there's an entire culture built on racism, fear and mistrust. Put that together with a lack of training, a "shoot first" mentality, and you have a horrible situation.

PreFire

Cops murdering people and getting away with it has become way too common now.

I hope the victim pulls through. I didn't get to see the video, it was already taken down when I clicked in the thread. Probably better I didn't

Froli

You know, not defending him or anything, but if I was that cop I probably would have ended up shooting someone too. I can't imagine being in a situation where you're told everyone is packing, you know you could be shot at any time, and you're taught to fear everyone.

If it was my first day, I would have likely panicked and shot the dude too regardless of his race or colour. But then, that's the reason if I was in the USA I should never be allowed to be an officer. Ever.
I'm calling you out
Are you a fucking idiot?

W1SSY

At the end when she is in the cop car with her daughter and the daughter says "it's alright I am with you". How does this shit keep happening? Just having the cop stand there with his weapon drawn while this man is bleeding out is horrific.

Yes. training is part of the issue. he should never have been given a firearm. I posted an edit to my above post. Here:

Edit: don't take this the wrong way. The cop killed an innocent man. It's upsetting, depressing. I'm trying to point out that the entire system is fucked, and built on a horrible culture of fear, racism and mistrust.

And the cycle of violence will continue because of this.

As Abraham Lincoln put it:

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves".

I don't think I've been as upset since Sandy Hook. I've been pretty numb inside about terrorist bombing/police shootings and I even tried to avoid that other shooting today...but somehow I accidentally clicked on that Facebook Live video....goddamnit. God damnit all.

Finding it hard to be shocked by this anymore. Cops just murdered an incapacitated man days ago. They will walk. This guy will walk. Cops in the US have a license to kill Blacks and no checks and balances.

ApharmdX

Banned
Wow Facebook wtf are you thinking taking down this video. Are they afraid they will make some people uncomfortable?

Facebook has a track record with this kind of shit:

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltech...staff-to-stop-crossing-out-black-lives-matter

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg is scolding employees for what he calls "several recent instances" of people crossing out "black lives matter" on signature walls at the company's headquarters and writing "all lives matter" instead.

Fuck all lives matter.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Why the fuck isn't that cop trying to help him? You shot a dude that wasn't a fucking threat to your miserable existence, and you stand like a fucking idiot.

Rich!

I'm calling you out
Are you a fucking idiot?

Maybe. That's proving the point - I shouldn't be a cop. That's why I'm not, and why I would never be over here. I'm a wimp, and I panick easily.

So why do the American police take on people who are clearly not cut out for it? And again, put that together with a culture of racism, lack of training, shoot first mentality and a lack of comeback and punishment for cops who do kill.

Im obviously not helping here...so I'll just say RIP to the guy, hope the family and daughter get the support they need and hope that your country sort your police the fuck out.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Are you guys really surprised she's in custody? They went after the dude that filmed Eric Garner's murder too. Can't have the public making cops look bad.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Facebook deleting her page would be an odd move. There have been more graphic things shared on there and they just have the video removed. And if she is in custody, I doubt she would be concerned about it either. This is getting more bizarre by the minute.

Maybe. That's proving the point - I shouldn't be a cop. That's why I'm not, and why I would never be over here. I'm a wimp, and I panick easily.

So why do the American police take on people who are clearly not cut out for it? And again, put that together with a culture of racism, lack of training, shoot first mentality and a lack of comeback and punishment for cops who do kill.

Im obviously not helping here...so I'll just say RIP to the guy, hope the family and daughter get the support they need and hope that your country sort your police the fuck out.

Dude, I get where you are coming from but people don't care. They are too busy being angry instead of trying to understand your point.

The anger is warranted, this is absolutely disgusting, but it's the various points you bring up that just brings people's blood to a boil. No time to analyze, only time for gut reactions and anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom