• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman records boyfriend after getting shot by the Police on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

Wouldn't it be funny if the cops went through her phone and tried to get rid of that video since it's evidence? She's in custody and maybe she didn't have her phone locked. Anyway, new info will be out I'm sure. Facebook, the cops, or the lady did it I think. I'm not familiar with facebook, they lock whole accounts for blood? News? Pictures with blood?

Brinbe

That was just sad all-around. Another unnecessary victim of senseless police violence. The entire culture is fucked and needs complete and major reform because right now it's not working. Who are they serving and protecting here?

Absolutely ridiculous. My heart goes out to his family and friends right now. I can't help but cry.

Things have probably been fucked for years but technology has shed light on how these encounters really go.

Maybe. That's proving the point - I shouldn't be a cop. That's why I'm not, and why I would never be over here. I'm a wimp, and I panick easily.

So why do the American police take on people who are clearly not cut out for it? And again, put that together with a culture of racism, lack of training, shoot first mentality and a lack of comeback and punishment for cops who do kill.

Im obviously not helping here...so I'll just say RIP to the guy, hope the family and daughter get the support they need and hope that your country sort your police the fuck out.

Police departments are managed at the level of the municipality in the U.S. Even if areas such as New York City are able to reform their police department, reforming every police department would be a multi-decade process hindered by the many citizens that believe nothing is wrong or policing isn't strong enough.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Lord of the Fallen‏ @Ni_isKingBeast

"If he just followed the cops orders"...not going to work this time is it? y'all got a different excuse?

Rich!

Police departments are managed at the level of the municipality in the U.S. Even if areas such as New York City are able to reform their police department, reforming every police department would be a multi-decade process hindered by the many citizens that believe nothing is wrong or policing isn't strong enough.

And I'm guessing most departments, especially in the south, would never, ever comply.

Dryk

Who are they serving and protecting here?
Themselves. That's what it goes back to, a shift in core beliefs towards the life of the police officer being worth more than the life of a civilian. As far as I'm concerned if you think this sort of collateral damage is justifiable you have no business being a cop or having a hand in their training.

Krejlooc

Banned
you definitely called it.

after this week i hope the world has their videos auto uploaded to some sort of cloud incase of situations like these.

There is an app called Bambuser. You set up an account, and when you record video, it automatically saves it to your account's website in real time. This is so that in case the police smash your phone or take it, your video is already online and uploaded the instant you shoot.

I urge everyone to download it or a similar program (there are others).

They fired a fucking gun into a car with a child inside.

A fucking child! Forced her to watch her father die.

This current form of law enforcement has got to go.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
6aSx9ST.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Why is she in custody? Has that been said?

For all I know, she's a witness, and the cops may be trying to figure out how to clean this up (hey I wouldn't be surprised).

She shouldn't be in custody. She should probably be at a hospital because she is probably going to be sick. She may need help, she seemed very calm while recording, but maybe due to adrenaline and shock. Later she broke down as her daughter oblivious to what was going on tried to comfort her.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wonder if the police got a hold of her phone and deleted the page.

We'll find out soon enough. Accounts don't delete themselves. Them doing it would warrant an investigation completely separate from the shooting.

That was just sad all-around. Another unnecessary victim of senseless police violence. The entire culture is fucked and needs complete and major reform because right now it's not working. Who are they serving and protecting here?

Absolutely ridiculous. My heart goes out to his family and friends right now. I can't help but cry.

Things have probably been fucked for years but technology has shed light on how these encounters really go.

The proliferation of the internet and access to phones with cameras has really increased awareness of such incidents. There is no more sweeping this shit under the rug when everyone has phones and can record anything.

What a world we live in.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Wait... wait wait wait wait a min....

her entire page is now off? I need the full story on this shit. Holy fuck.

I only hope she disabled it herself because her phone is probably getting lit up. That or a lawyer is advising her to do so.

CBS News ‏@CBSNews 18s19 seconds ago
BREAKING: A police shooting during a traffic stop in a St. Paul suburb left a man dead, CBS Minnesota reports

National Media picking it up now...

fuck that we should not allow Facebook to hide behind TOS they promote LIVE NOW feature heavily as long as we are making clowns of ourselves

they need to rethink this removal shit you can't stream Black Lives without the fact that one might get shot by Police :(

Krejlooc

Banned
Not to play devil's advocate for the police, because I absolutely believe they are corrupt and stupid enough to try and destroy evidence online, but considering she admitted to having weed on the video, she might have deleted the account herself at the advise of a lawyer.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Philando Castile was the 600th person killed by police this year.

Not to play devil's advocate for the police, because I absolutely believe they are corrupt and stupid enough to try and destroy evidence online, but considering she admitted to having weed on the video, she might have deleted the account herself at the advise of a lawyer.

So having weed beats out murder?

"It's okay, Mommy. It's okay, I'm right here with you"

From the mouth of a babe with his handcuffed mother just after their father was killed for no apparent reason.

That part really fucking hurt.

What in the fuck.

WHAT IN THE FUCK.

America is really gonna be taken to the brink at this point. Not even sure if it's possible or worth saving at this point. So. Much. Bullshit.

I sure as hell hope Facebook didn't delete her page. Everyone needs to post the YouTube copy of the video to their FB pages, along with the information that the woman's entire page was deleted, then see if the page suddenly "undeletes" itself.

Rich!

If you were a cop, you'd do the same..

No, not here I wouldn't unless I wanted to end up in prison/life ruined. In America, seemingly being inhumane under the pretence of protecting and serving is the right thing to do. It's bizarro land and something needs to change.

Anyhow. I normally don't interact with these sorts of threads, but having a daughter myself of a young age - that video hit hard because I know my daughter would react exactly the same.

ApharmdX

Banned
They fired a fucking gun into a car with a child inside.

A fucking child! Forced her to watch her father die.

This current form of law enforcement has got to go.

This culture of law enforcement is deeply entrenched and incidents like this are not an accident, but a deliberate and desirable outcome. This is about terrorizing us, about disrupting our families and our communities. It won't end easily.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
My God...

I seriously can't even imagine how black people in this Country must be feeling right about now.

I'm disgusted with law enforcement. This is fucked up beyond all recognition. How do you fix this?! I'm losing hope.

GhaleonEB

The absolute panic in his voice as he tried to justify shooting him was so telling of how this is going to go down. She was so brave and calm in the face of a dangerous, armed coward. I feel so fucked up right now having seen that. :(

kirblar

Wait... wait wait wait wait a min....

her entire page is now off? I need the full story on this shit. Holy fuck.

I only hope she disabled it herself because her phone is probably getting lit up. That or a lawyer is advising her to do so.
Trolls false-report and trigger the auto-block. It's happened before, it'll get fixed.

This is ridiculous... We obviously can't see what happened before he was shot, but that cop really sounds scared, like he messed up. I don't know. I'm tired of this stuff being "normal".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom