• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman records boyfriend after getting shot by the Police on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm glad I'm safe and away from America. It is a bad place to live, compared to a dozen or so countries. Of course it's better than most, but it seems to be slipping more and more every month.

I assumed military would at least be trained better and have much more respect for their firearms and the lives of American citizens as a whole vs the horrible examples that we see so frequently from shitty cops. Obviously there are good cops, and I'm not talking about those people. They would be back on the force quick enough after being evaluated.

No, it's not a bad place to live.

Sure there are better place to live, but there is no need to come off as so highfalutin about not living here. The fact is nowhere is safe considering how the world is now, don't think it's just America.

As for the military, yes we are trained to handle are weapons with respect, but that doesn't mean every soldier does.

It sure is a good thing that I live in America where I can be shot to death for being a person of color

See, that culture of fear. I mean It's not like that in other countries else just America obviously /s

Cartman86

Banned
Our country has failed it's citizens, it's mission, and it's ability to be called a country where people should strive to want to live in it.

The USA does not deserve and has not earned any compliment towards it's existence.

But I don't live in fear every day!

If you're white and from another country don't be afraid. It's totally cool over here. Not a joke either. I've never even considered being shot by a cop.

It was so chilling watching her be so casual while her boyfriend is literally dying right next to her. I guess that's a person in shock for you..

Honestly the way I saw it was she has had it hammered into her that you have to talk meekly to nervous cops, lest they shoot you.
Her attitude like she was dealing with a crazy man was because she was dealing with a crazy man. It seemed to me she has been through this more than once before: being told to keep her hands in sight and so on. I don't think it was shock, it was self-preservation. if she showed anything else she would have ended up getting shot as well.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Not to play devil's advocate for the police, because I absolutely believe they are corrupt and stupid enough to try and destroy evidence online, but considering she admitted to having weed on the video, she might have deleted the account herself at the advise of a lawyer.

Having a small bit of weed is at most a fine and not a jail sentence in your country right? Otherwise your country has lost its god damn fucking mind, and considering how expandable black and brown people are there, I might just be wrong.

Schnozberry

Pulled over. Didn't resist. Notified the police of his weapon and permit. Still dead.

There may be riots over this. I used to call Minneapolis home, and the black population there has been abused and ignored by civil leadership for far too long.

Holy shit.

Boy does this look bad for the police. I dont want to base all of my assumptions based on 1 witness testimony but considering it happened moments after her boyfriend was shot, I'm pretty inclined to believe her.

It was so chilling watching her be so casual while her boyfriend is literally dying right next to her. I guess that's a person in shock for you.

How sad.

That women had to be calm it probably saved her life that officer was literally on edge that was very evident in the video. Her ability to stay calm in that situation probably saved her and her daughters life.

benzy

I don't even know what to say anymore. It's a just constant repeat over and over again. Fucking sickening.

Hoping for the best for that girl and her daughter.

Negator

How sad is it that when people are pulled over by police, they're going to think (if they already aren't)

"This is it. This is the day I'm going to die."

Breads

Banned
Be less defensive

Keep fighting the good fight?

America enabled this situation and will likely let this murdering piece of shit walk. His post is completely understandable.

The majority of the US does not align themselves with these murderers. The law simply isn't on our side. How are we enabling the situation and how does this represent the US just because a small fraction of the police are fucked.

Anyway I'm done. Not feeling well right now.

danthefan

I was wondering why she wasn't helping him and was filming instead.

And after a few seconds it became clear, because of she tried to help him she would have been shot too.

What complete fucking scum those police are. Firstly shooting him obviously but then just leaving him to bleed. I wonder if his life could have been saved.

televator

Just recently, they shot that other guy at point blank in the chest while they were sitting on top of him... Fuck cops.

Bad Trip

Banned
Peaceful protest

Fuck off with that shit . White people are allowed to terrorize black people since Americas inception but your one of these people that think black people need to turn the other cheek and go to church and pray and do peaceful protest . Black people have every right to do everything but stay peaceful hopefully people are smart enough to not do it in their community and target the law enforcement and political offices and institutions instead.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
No I think he's saying that they could charge her with possession of weed or something. Unrelated but I see why.

That's just her laying everything out on the table so there's no further smears.

"We were pulled over for a broken taillight. My boyfriend does have a weapon, he is licensed to carry, the officer asked him to pull out his ID, he was pulling out his ID, and he was shot for no reason, because the cop was trigger happy and panicked. Here's my boyfriend dying right next to me. Yes, we do have some weed in the car. These are the facts. This is reality"

Why are cops not made to wear cameras that constantly stream to a live feed that also gets stored and recorded?

If they're just doing their job, it'd protect everyone.

Also, fuck guns.

Mariolee

Holy smokes. This is insanity. The worry in the policeman's voice juxtaposed against the woman's calm demeanor after her boyfriend literally dies on video. Oh my God, this video needs to be shown around more media sites.

Edit: Her breakdown in the middle is making me tear up. I can't imagine what's going through her mind right now.

Also is the officer the one who is screaming "fuck"?

Evilkazzz

Banned
Somebody died for nothing today and kid lost her father.

I'm really sad right now.

In an alternate universe USA they would have just gotten a ticket.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Why are cops not made to wear cameras that constantly stream to a live feed that also gets stored and recorded?

If they're just doing their job, it'd protect everyone.

Also, fuck guns.

Cause they seem to keep knocking them off during important times.

xJavonta

Banned
This shit makes me sick to my stomach. There's a cop that works part time at my job for the discount and he's the biggest asshole I've ever met. Of course, he's only an asshole to the minorities. So yeah, I'm pretty much done entrusting these racist shithead cops with anything.

I can't believe this country is over 200 years old and still as racist as it was upon its inception. Shit is absolutely appalling and being known as an American is an utter disgrace. Fuck this country.

televator

Having a small bit of weed is at most a fine and not a jail sentence in your country right? Otherwise your country has lost its god damn fucking mind, and considering how expandable black and brown people are there, I might just be wrong.

I've got news for you...

xkramz

Yo it's to the point that if your black. And get stooped by the police, please please please just put your hands up in the air. And state thst your wallet and ID is in your right pockets ans let they get it for you. This is ridiculous

Krejlooc

Banned

Have you seen how crooked our justice system is? Don't admit anything to the cops, ever. Never incriminate yourself, ever. No matter how small. Our disgusting legal system isn't based on justice. They will run a smear campaign on you for the smallest shit, look at the way they bring up criminal records of every victim they shoot like that makes even half a shit.

When I was (erroneously) raided by the cops in college because they thought I had 10 fucking pounds of weed in my house (when I had none), they used the fact that I had a single pill of adderal (it was finals week) to get out of paying for the thousands of dollars of damage they did to my place.

Fuck the police. Don't give them an inch.

Infinite

Keep fighting the good fight?

The majority of the US does not align hemselves with these murderers. The law simply isn't on our side. How are we enabling the situation and how does this represent the US just because a small fraction of the police are fucked.

Anyway I'm done. Not feeling well right now.
It's not just a few cops its the entries fucking institution. The whole system is fucked. The US ACTIVELY CONDONES THIS SHIT BY CONTINUING TO LET IT FUCKING HAPPEN. There's no need to be nice or to mince words with this shit anymore. Fuck the police, fuck America.

See, that culture of fear. I mean It's not like that in other countries else just America obviously /s
Holy shit you're argument is literally that America is okay because it's pretty fucked in some other places too.

Also good job of telling me that my fear is nothing but a byproduct of social mentalities and not the fact that we've seen this happen countless times.

BigDes

This shit needs to stop. Police need to stop wall of blueing and fucking sort their overwhelming lack of competence, empathy and basic fucking humanity out.

Wagram

Why would a cop openly fire if he was warned by the deceased that he had a firearm on his person? Either the cop is incredibly stupid or there's more to this story.

M52B28

Banned
If you're black, it's probably a death sentence.

Otherwise, guilty until proven innocent.

Yo it's to the point that if your black. And get stooped by the police, please please please just put your hands up in the air. And state thst your wallet and ID is in your right pockets ans let they get it for you. This is ridiculous

Even then, they might just assume you're making aggressive movements toward them. This guy was fucking belted in and got shot 4 times.

mreddie

Fuck off with that shit . White people are allowed to terrorize black people since Americas inception but your one of these people that think black people need to turn the other cheek and go to church and pray and do peaceful protest . Black people have every right to do everything but stay peaceful hopefully people are smart enough to not do it in their community and target the law enforcement and political offices and institutions instead.

Worked for MLK
/s

Fair point.

I feel this is gonna repeat in a loop of sadness until this happens again. Shooting, Outrage, Trial, Acquittal, Repeat.

Bodycams ain't gonna help, new gun training? Cops get tasers but still draw their gun first. New training overall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom