• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman and Blue Beetle confirmed for Injustice 2

Scotia

Banned
Y74w2x0.png

That's actually better lmao

People who complain about these faces really should play Injustice 1 again.

Wonder Woman looks like a supermodel compared to the first game.

bunkitz

Goddamn, Beetle! Sweet moves, and sweet alternate looks! Really like his voice acting too.

On the other hand... NRS, I'd like to remind you of the fact that Wonder Woman is canonically beautiful. Also, she sounds bad. It almost sounds like how Wonder Woman should sound (JLU), but it's not quite there yet. Like, she's trying badly, but failing. Anybody else feel that way about her voice acting?

I mean, her face is okay, but it's just not Wonder Woman. Seems NRS is doing some weird thing by making the characters not look all "superhuman" and shit. You know, the whole, superhumanly handsome, beautiful, fit, etc. Example besides Wonder Woman's face being that Superman doesn't look ripped like he should, and his face looks so off.

Gbraga

Wonder Woman looks amazing! Daaaamn, I'm hyped. Didn't really like her in the first game.

Do we know if there'll be online modes that ignore the customization stuff?

poodaddy

Who is Blue Beetle. Not trolling, just genuinely curious as everyone seems stoked and I've never even heard of him. Is he a villain or hero?

The screenshots are ass, but it looks alright in motion. Not sure why they bulked up Jaime, but it's alright.

Now give me Red Hood damn it.

Neoxon

Who is Blue Beetle. Not trolling, just genuinely curious as everyone seems stoked and I've never even heard of him. Is he a villain or hero?
There have been multiple Blue Beetles throughout DC's history. The one is this game is the most recent version, Jaime Reyes. His scarab (which was used by the first Blue Beetle, Dan Garret, but not the 2nd one, Ted Kord) gives him a super-suit with a shit-ton of alien tech. The ones you'll hear about the most are either Jaime Reyes or Ted Kord.

Gbraga

I legit thought she looked beautiful in the trailer. Maybe not so much in still images, but I loved her face and animations.

I don't know, guess I'll take another look when I get home on my PC.

JAIME!! YESS!! Too bad he looks really bad, but the gear costumes will change that! :p So happy about this announcement. And at least Diana looks better than before.
Jaime Reyes. Teenage superhero. A sentient scarab fused to his spine and his armor can materialize a lot of weapons. He's the succesor to the previous Blue Beetle, Ted Kord. Jaime has appeared in Batman The Brave and the Bold, Young Justice and Justice League vs Teen Titans.
Injustice need Ted Kord like a hole in the head
Maxwell Lord's alt account?

A hero, he's basically DC's Spider-Man. Several people have used the Blue Beetle name but the latest one is Jaime Reyes.
He's got a very powerful alien armor. Not a huge character but very popular among DC fans. He was featured heavily in the Batman Brave & the Bold cartoon.

JazzmanZ

Hero, original (Ted Kord) was basically Batman without the darkness and a flying beetle mobile.

The new one here (Jamie) got an organic suit that lets him fly and create weapons from it via the scarab attached to his back.

bunkitz

Wait wait wait. They're seriously not putting Power Girl in the game this time? She was one of the most requested last time! WTF

They said Supergirl will have a piece of gear that lets her transform into Power Girl or something... and she's not the only one. It sounds like it's something that will be done mid-game, although I'm thinking it's more like, you equip a specific gear, and you'll be playing as Power Girl instead.

poodaddy

There have been multiple Blue Beetles throughout DC's history. The one is this game is the most recent version, Jaime Reyes. His scarab (which was used by the first Blue Beetle, Dan Garret, but not the 2nd one, Ted Kord) gives him a super-suit with a shit-ton of alien tech. The ones you'll hear about the most are either Jaime Reyes or Ted Kord.

Oh ok, so he's kinda like Apocalypse? Bad ass alien suit that gives him tons of morphing and energy abilities and stuff like that? That's pretty cool, great for a fighting game character as there's lots of possibilities for movesets I'd say. Thanks for clue-ing me in.

BlizzKrut

Banned
They said Supergirl will have a piece of gear that lets her transform into Power Girl or something... and she's not the only one. It sounds like it's something that will be done mid-game, although I'm thinking it's more like, you equip a specific gear, and you'll be playing as Power Girl instead.

I understood it as a gear that looks like Power Girl, basically a skin.

.la1n

Having played a ton of MK XL it pulls me out of it a little to see him aping D'Vorah's moves but I am happy to have Blue Beetle any way we can get him.

As for the faces, they look pretty great to me. I guess all the fighting game developers outside ArcSys and Team Ninja have failed so often this generation with at least a few characters I guess I'm numb to it.

Neoxon

Oh ok, so he's kinda like Apocalypse? Bad ass alien suit that gives him tons of morphing and energy abilities and stuff like that? That's pretty cool, great for a fighting game character as there's lots of possibilities for movesets I'd say. Thanks for clue-ing me in.
The interesting thing is that, as mentioned earlier, Ted Kord didn't use said scarab. Ted instead relied on technology that he made himself (kinda like Batman).

jett

D-Member
I legit thought she looked beautiful in the trailer. Maybe not so much in still images, but I loved her face and animations.

I don't know, guess I'll take another look when I get home on my PC.

People are taking stills while she's emoting. Anyone's gonna look weird. The facial animation is actually pretty good, they're clearly using motion capture.

PSqueak

Banned
Man, is that Wonder Woman the best female model ever done by NR or what?

Love the glow on her lasso, it's a nice touch, also her moves are brutal as fuck, very impressive!

Top Bottom