• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman Review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Best suit is best.

yGKqQHY.jpg

MisterHero

For as trash as Green Lantern is, and as ugly as that film is, the suits forming with energy being seen through the characters' own anatomy is a brilliant idea. Like, have an actual suit form over it, but the coloring and energy visibly coursing through the internal musculature is a genuinely smart idea. It's just an insanely expensive one when you have to pay for it every second that character is on-screen.
indeed

p01nbyhr9rkmi.jpg

Zakalwe

Banned
Colour me surprised. I really thought this would be a stinker (although I'd constantly hoped it wouldn't be).

PS - This is a WW thread, right?

G-Fex

Superman Returns is great.

Yeah yeah it's a little slow paced and doesn't have any real comic stuff in it but it's still great. Better than MoS

I do think the costume she's rocking in this movie is going to be the look going forward

(I wish they'd either chucked the tiara or redesigned it. I don't like how it points down instead of up)

SpaceWolf

Banned
Well back in topic, if there's one costume that really, really evolved in cinematic form was Wonder Woman's.

I mean, this thing happened this decade.
1396L.jpg

It used to look worse, before the design was quickly changed over fan outrage:

Adrianne_Palicki_as_Wonder_Woman.jpg

This was going to be the official television outfit, everyone.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Yeah, that's basically the movie design. I think she's even got a hood in this movie?

I was just gonna dig up that Wonder Woman pilot image, but got beaten. I remember that turning the internet upside down for a week or two.
They unapologetically leaned into the movie inspiration for a reason.

Zakalwe

Banned
The film suit is 100% the best suit in a live depiction, and I can't remember a better looking comic version.

TV costumes are almost always low level cosplay tier.

That's a good one, yeah. I also like (surprisingly) the Smallville comic's costume.

But I do think the MoS shield design is one of the best the character's ever had, if not the best.
Yeah, the Smallville one is good too.

I do like the MoS shield but my favourite will always be the classic one. Well, "classic" as in the one used for merchandise and shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom