• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman Review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyFive

Best suit is best.

yGKqQHY.jpg

Best of the DCEU maybe, but it's a terrible suit. The top half is fine, but the bottom half kills the whole thing, it looks like pajamas.

MartyStu

The problem with that was that it was ALL CGI, ALL the time. If it had been a real suit that CGI was used to materialize, it would have been fine.

And even then, CGI has come a long way. Remember Black Panther in Civil War? Literally all CGI.

No, the fact that he has to suit up at all is lame. Besides, it always leaves me with questions like why normal human clothes don't get damaged in his fights. Or if they do, why who repairs them? And really, imagining anyone changing clothes at super speed is kind of comical.

But this? It's great, because it's incorporates Krypton tech into his hero life, while still allowing for the possibility of human self expression.

Batman could probably use that tech, but his is not advanced enough and I always think there is a danger of basically just making Batman iron man with a bat theme, so I don't like giving him too much of an edge. He's the normal guy, he is the one who needs to deal with shit like suiting up.

At some point I think I may make a thread on this exact thing.

Batman should almost absolutely be closer to Iron Man than he is now.

Kingdom Come Batman is the logical conclusion of the character long overdue.

Veelk

Banned
Best of the DCEU maybe, but it's a terrible suit. The top half is fine, but the bottom half kills the whole thing, it looks like pajamas.

They actually, canonically are undergarments.

Man of Steel just made a lot of bizarre choices when it came to Kryptonian aesthetics. Undergarment onesie as Superman's suit, penis shaped kryptonian pods, giant mechanical spider weapons....

At some point I think I may make a thread on this exact thing.

Batman should almost absolutely be closer to Iron Man than he is now.

Kingdom Come Batman is the logical conclusion of the character long overdue.

And I'll fight you in that thread.

Batman shouldn't be Iron Man. The attraction of Batman is that he relies on tech, wits, and martial arts in equal balance. You lean too much on any one side, you either got Iron Man, Sherlock Holmes, or Bruce Lee. Batman is a balancing act.

Kingdom Come Batman only happened because Bruce was literally too infirm for his physicality to matter. So the tech and wit side of him had to compensate. That shouldn't be the standard for him though.

Shaanyboi

Banned
They actually, canonically are undergarments.

Man of Steel just made a lot of bizarre choices when it came to Kryptonian aesthetics. Undergarment onesie as Superman's suit, penis shaped kryptonian pods, giant mechanical spider weapons....
I think we all know where the giant spider came from...

Part 1
Part 2

Veelk

Banned
Those things were insane

tumblr_mpqw4l9XoC1qag1wuo1_250.gif

The only way they could look MORE like dicks is if they had vein coverage.

How that passed QA will forever be a mystery to me.

Like, it's a common joke to just say something is phallic even if it's only vaguely cylindrical shape, but look at these things! You can clearly see the head! There's the scrotum! They even look like they have forehead skin.

tTc9cKQ.gif

Seriously, what happened? Did someone just design them as a joke and everyone somehow missed it?

Geist-

I'm just saying, if you go on a rampage through a major metropolitan area, you're getting all cops in the city after you, not just corrupt ones.

I wonder what the Guardians' body count was in the second film.
Did they kill anyone (innocent)? I remember
the gold guys in the beginning all flew drones, and then the rest of the movie was on Ego.

Look man they already flipped a police bus with no fatalities, Dom knows how to keep people safe
As ridiculous and impossible as that scenario is, that reporter saying no one dies does establish the rules of this universe. So as far as I'm concerned, that vault indeed did not kill anyone.

I wonder what the Guardians' body count was in the second film.
That one scene, while great IMO, is up there with the most violent stuff I've seen in a Disney film. Off the top of my head, the only scene more disturbing to me was Pirates 3's opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom