• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 6/28: Netherlands Vs. Slovakia, Brazil vs. Chile |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
PistolGrip said:
Oh man If Paraguay can beat Spain/Portugal, we can have a complete South American domination.

Not giving Japan enough credit man. I'd say it's up for grabs on that corner of the bracket.

Fio

Meus Renaissance said:
Kaka has been very poor

?

One amazing assistance (if he had delayed the pass just half a second Fabiano would be in offside position) and he was driving Brazil's counter-attacks. He was very good today.

markao said:
Robben is his name ;)

I think we will see the most boring Brazil - Netherlands ever, seriously both teams are sow seriously focused on organization and defense that Murinho would be proud :D
impossible. you can´t deny your dancing genes for 90 minutes.
Brazil has to be creative or they will die inside. The dutch can´t live without their klompendans.

there WILL be great moments.

markao

2San said:
I'm just afraid of van Marwijk trying to out Brazil, Brazil. He's too one-dimensional. :|
I don't think we see a 4-3-3 (or 4-2-3-1) with Robben on one side and Elia on the other, I wish he would, but aint going to happen with him :(

burnfout

I really thought we (holland) had a chance to make it to the semi-finals.

Untill I saw this match. We really need to improve our defense.

Dresden

I hope Japan can represent and do something for Asia.

Don't really care about spain/portugal--go spain? Portugal? Who gives a fuck.

esquire

So no one thinks Uruguay/Ghana will be in the final, eh?

Dresden said:
I hope Japan can represent and do something for Asia.

Don't really care about spain/portugal--go spain? Portugal? Who gives a fuck.

A vote for C. Ronaldo is a vote for progress!

Acheteedo

Fio said:
?

One amazing assistance (if he had delayed the pass just half a second Fabiano would be in offside position) and he was driving Brazil's counter-attacks. He was very good today.

No, he was the worst player on the team... so he had a mere 9/10 performance.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Really would like to see Netherlands or Spain take this. Spain has a very good chance of winning the entire thing, which they have never done.

That would be much more exciting than Brazil winning #6.

Sblargh

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
Blows away most of the Brazilian big booty hoes, as far as I'm concerned. *swoooon*

We have german girls to the south if that's your taste. We are covered.
We have germans, italians, africans, japanese, chinese, spanish, turks, we even have palestinian refugees.
New yorkers come for the art, the french comes to teach philosphy; one teacher of mine came to Brazil escaping Pinochet's persecution in Chile while the other had a doctorate in Oxford.
We have christians, muslims, jews, kardecists and african religions are a important part of the culture.
Somewhere in the north, an indian tribe cheers for Brazil for the first time while somewhere in the south colonies where the main language is german cheers for both countries until the cruel moment where they have to choose.
The world is here, mang. You're welcome whenever you wanna come.

confuziz

Banned
Netherlands will destroy brasil. no problem.

and I mean this dead serious. Brasil is actually quite poor. Chile was just even poorer

Empty

brazil's system doesn't require kaka to dominate matches on his own, only play competently in the middle and a few times every match do something brilliant to open up defenses, which given his assist record this world cup, he is doing fine.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Sblargh said:
We have german girls to the south if that's your taste. We are covered.
We have germans, italians, africans, japanese, chinese, spanish, turks, we even have palestinian refugees.
New yorkers come for the art, the french comes to teach philosphy; one teacher of mine came to Brazil escaping Allende's persecution in Chile while the other had a doctorade in Oxford.
We have christians, muslims, jews, kardecists and african religions are a important part of the culture.
Somewhere in the north, an indian tribe cheers for Brazil for the first time while somewhere in the south colonies where the main language is german cheers for both countries until the cruel moment where they have to choose.
The world is here, mang. You're welcome whenever you wanna come.
Is that like a gatorade made with British Dr Pepper??

2San

markao said:
I don't think we see a 4-3-3 (or 4-2-3-1) with Robben on one side and Elia on the other, I wish he would, but aint going to happen with him :(

The thought of

VdWiel---Heitinga--Mathijsen---Van Bronchorst
----------------Van Bommel
-----------VDV---------------Sneijder
Robben---------------------------------Elia
--------------------Huntelaar(RVP)

Looks so awesome.
VDV can drop back for a more defending style when needed.

Wessiej

confuziz said:
Netherlands will destroy brasil. no problem.

and I mean this dead serious. Brasil is actually quite poor. Chile was just even poorer
3-2 for The Netherlands. That is what I predicted, and I won a lot of dollahs with my predictions till now :lol

Bra-Chi 3-0 right to, ching-ching.

Wessiej said:
3-2 for The Netherlands. That is what I predicted, and I won a lot of dollahs with my predictions till now :lol

winning 3-2 isn't really "destroy"ing anything though

we'll see how it goes. when was the last time the netherlands faced a good team? seems to me they've been just playing against shitty teams

[Nintex]

Wessiej said:

Yep, It'll be close but we'll win this thing.

esquire

duckroll said:
The only things the Dutch will be destroying will be the hopes and dreams of their supporters. :lol

LAFF! Hahaha, let's hope.

Dresden

I think I'll take the team that's operated like a machine after its match with Best Korea over a team that's looked shaky at times, and let a team like Slovakia take some good shots now and then.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Wessiej said:

care to give me the results of japan-paraguay and spain-portugal? :p

Kurtofan

Funky Papa said:
We can only hope.

I actually like Paraguay quite a bit
Yeah but this is a gaming related forum so we must support the Fatherland of Video games!
joking but I still want Japan to win

[Nintex]

Dresden said:
I think I'll take the team that's operated like a machine after its match with Best Korea over a team that's looked shaky at times, and let a team like Slovakia take some good shots now and then.
We used to play like machines, we used to be the favorites and we lost because of sportmanship and bad luck. Now our performance might not be what it should be but at least we're winning. Not to mention that Brazil made quite a few mistakes as well, they aren't at the top of their game either.

Fio

It's been a long time since Brazil had a defensive system so solid. I have no idea why Juan and Lúcio were pretty much kicked out from both "Bayerns".

n0n44m

Dresden said:

Brazil gave away alot of space around the box to Chile but Chile will not shoot until they are within a meter of the goal :lol

Wessiej

Sadist said:
Would be funny. We Dutchies would rather lose while playing good football.
I wanna win this thing. If they need to do it with bad football en winning met 1-0 thanks to an own goal, fine by me. I WANNA WIN THIS THING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom