• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 6/29: Worstguay Vs. Worstpan, Spain vs Portugal |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
gutter_trash said:
fun fact #1:
Portugal is the only team that has not conceded a goal at the this WC tournament

eduardo_gaf.jpg

Haunted

Paraguay and Spain are favoured, no question.

That said, derbies and rivalries are always entertaining to watch so I'm hoping for a good match.

Paraguay - Japan seems a good class or two below, so I'm not expecting world class football or anything. Should still be good as both teams would bag a great achievement for their countries by even reaching the quarter-finals.

D4Danger said:
:lol

Ikael

Banzai Japan!
¡Vamos España!

Even if you do not care about Portugal nor Spain, anyone who cares about FOOTBALL will probably love the match: both teams are even and both play beautiful football, Portugal is fast and organized and Spain is great at passing and always own the midfield. Also: Cesc, Torres, Ronaldinho :D

The game is going to rock, but I am sorry for our Portuguese cousins, eu fique torcendo para vôces neste mundial, mais chegou a hora :p

I think Paraguay shouldn't have much trouble, but Japan's relentless speed could pose a threat. The Spain vs. Portugal match looks much more balanced, and it could become a rough, hard fight for midfield possession if it goes 0-0 for too long.

So me and my colleague wagered on who will go farthest in the tournament, he picked Spain, I picked Portugal. A draw meant we would both go to lunch and pay for each other.

And then they meet in knock out stage. AWESOME.

GO GO SPAIN!!!

Bo130

I just saw some footage from the game against Denmark, and I would like Japan to win :D.

For Spain vs Portugal, I think it's going to be the best game in this round. Really looking forward to it. I'm thinking Portugal will win.

jts

...hate me...
gutter_trash said:
he better be careful, he's got a Yellow Card up his ass

Benfica!!
It wouldn't be bad if he got one. Theoretically, if we move on, the next round should be easiest game of the knock-out stage.

cartoon_soldier said:
So me and my colleague wagered on who will go farthest in the tournament, he picked Spain, I picked Portugal. A draw meant we would both go to lunch and pay for each other.

GO GO SPAIN!!!
You picked Portugal? *looks at tag flag*

Bo130

cartoon_soldier said:

GO GO SPAIN!!!

:lol

Dennis

Banned
cartoon_soldier said:

GO GO SPAIN!!!
Its time for bed

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Oh, this is just great: FIFA has forbidden replays of disputed actions on the stadium's screens for "security reasons".

I'll watch the games from home like most people, but Blatter can go fuck himself.

Hixx

Funky Papa said:
Oh, this is just great: FIFA has forbidden replays on the stadium's screens for "security reasons".

I'll watch the games from home like most people, but Blatter can go fuck himself.

It's actually a rule that's enforced in many of Europe's leagues. Why FIFA has waited until now to use the rule in a tournament where technology was always going to come under scrutiny.

Seplatter fails once again.

jts

...hate me...
Funky Papa said:
Oh, this is just great: FIFA has forbidden replays on the stadium's screens for "security reasons".

It's normal. Didn't you see how the Mexico team reacted after watching the replay of the first goal?

Funky Papa said:

Yeah, it is actually. Allowing replays in the stadium when the referee can't act upon them is one of the most retarded ideas possible. Argue for instant replays all you want but to allow them in the stadiums with the current rules is a completely nonsensical idea.

Ikael

a hora de vencer!!!!!!!!!

Do vencer o caralho :D

Entre as brumas da memória,
Ó Pátria, sente-se a voz
Dos teus egrégios avós,
Que há-de guiar-te à vitória!
I wish so much our country would have an athem with actual lyrics :( there, a substitute (air forces athem):

volad, alas gloriosas de España
estrellas de un cielo radiante de sol
y escribid sobre el viento la hazaña
la gloria infinita de ser español

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
jts said:
It's normal. Didn't you see how the Mexico team reacted after watching the replay of the first goal?

yeah, like they'd just been cheated out of a goal and a fair chance of getting to the last 8.

heaven forbid the correct decision should be made, that would just be bad for the sport.

Hixx

The ref cant change his mind though. So all its doing is frustrating the mexicans AND officials, perhaps leading to nasty challenges or more leniency towards the side 'offended' against.

jts

...hate me...
D4Danger said:
yeah, like they'd just been cheated out of a goal and a fair chance of getting to the last 8.

heaven forbid the correct decision should be made, that would be be bad for the sport.
Of course they felt cheated out of a goal, and since the rules don't allow for making decisions based on replays, it was stupid to show the replay on the big screens.

Wanting FIFA to allow new technologies and rules into football to prevent and fix this kind of errors it's an entire different thing.

Travado

Bestguay will win, South America is clearly superior as always.

Uruguay Vs Brazil and Paraguay Vs Argentina in semifinals, believe!!!

FuturusX

I see that Torres-gate is alive and well....

Spain Vs Portugal should be an interesting one. Spain may have trouble breaking down a stubborn defence.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
portugal/spain match goes to a penalty shootout and Ronaldo makes the decisive penalty that eliminates Spain

Paraguay 2 - Japan 1

Not too sure about the result, but Paraguay should win.

Spain 2 - Portugal 1 (ET)

Will be 1-1 for the 90 minutes, Spain will score in extra time. Or maybe goes to penalties...

Gawaian

If Del Bosque keeps insisting on using 2 DM, I think Spain will be going home tomorrow. Drop Alonso or Busquets and put Cesc in. And no Torres, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom