• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 6/29: Worstguay Vs. Worstpan, Spain vs Portugal |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
LordPhoque said:
Nobody thinks that Paraguay is Worst Guay ?

mmm.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm getting the feeling the World Cup threads here will slow down a lot now that both the US and England are out. :p

the whole city here has slowed down. Only them bloody journos cannot keep their mouths shut about Capello

p.s. I guess Portugal will own. Spain is good, but I cant really see them beating the portuguese

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
SalsaShark said:
eh.. i demand this thread to be retitled.
The north is always the BEST. :p

Portugal or Spain..............Spain! Portugal!....I can't choose. :/

Gooooooooo Japan!!!! Honda-kun Honda-kun Honda-kun Honda-kun Honda-kun Honda-kun Honda-kun Honda-kun Honda-kun Honda-kun

This is the first year I have ever watched the world cup and I got to say I feel like I have been really missing out. This is some fantastic stuff so now I just got to try and figure out wtf is going on.

Noshino

BruceLeeRoy said:
This is the first year I have ever watched the world cup and I got to say I feel like I have been really missing out. This is some fantastic stuff so now I just got to try and figure out wtf is going on.

Not only the matches are fantastic (most of the time), but the drama around them...its just delicious :lol

Noshino said:
Not only the matches are fantastic (most of the time), but the drama around them...its just delicious :lol

No kidding. The rivalry's are so explosive you would think this stuff was totally fabricated. I love it. Plus the athletic skill involved in just making one goal is staggering.

Ephemeris

Hmmmm. Not sure if I wanna go with Bestguay over Japan.. pretty torn.

I really wanna say Spain over Portugal, but I'm deadlocked there too!

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Noshino said:
The drama has made for some great matches. For the most part, the games themselves haven't been that great.

i pased up a chance to put money on Portugal as a 14-1 favorite to win the cup in Vegas. Was I crazy to think those were really good odds? Uruguay at 10-1 also tempted me. Do either team have a shot in hell?

Noshino

Ninja Scooter said:
i pased up a chance to put money on Portugal as a 14-1 favorite to win the cup in Vegas. Was I crazy to think those were really good odds? Uruguay at 10-1 also tempted me. Do either team have a shot in hell?

IMHO Uruguay does, Portugal not so much

Stridone

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:

No.

jts

...hate me...
Ninja Scooter said:
14-1 is a amazing for a team ranked 3rd on the Fifa world ranking, features the 2nd best player in the world, and has a lot of also good players playing on Europe's finest clubs, got to the semi-finals last WC, etc.

It just lacks a fucking striker :mad:

as a more casual observer, it just seems like this WC is more wide open than usual. I think some of the 2nd tier teams can hang with a lot of the powers. Hope I don't regret it.

how does the Home and Away shirts thing work? do they flip a coin or something? send each other a text message to figure out what color they are going with?

I predict that Spain is gonna go with the Home red kit and Portugal is gonna go with the Away white Castrol GTX kit

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
modernkicks said:
Villa really needs to shave that shit.

God dammit this is the truest statement ever uttered in the history of the internet!

Hahaha @ avatar quote. He makes a bloody good point despite the apparent Lalas love (ugh).

Don't underestimate Uruguay you bastards. Forlan is awesome. Yes. He is.

Forlan > boobies, therefore Uruguay is the best 'guay.

Melfice7

esquire said:
Don't underestimate Uruguay you bastards. Forlan is awesome. Yes. He is.

sucks doesnt it? when you know that your team is good but others just ignore it or spout hateful remarks

well lets hope we can serve crow after the games :D
or eat it

jts

...hate me...
gutter_trash said:
how does the Home and Away shirts thing work? do they flip a coin or something? send each other a text message to figure out what color they are going with?

I predict that Spain is gonna go with the Home red kit and Portugal is gonna go with the Away white Castrol GTX kit
I think it's away kits for away teams. Home/away is determined by draw and this game is a Spain-Portugal. So you're probably right.

Daigoro

Snakeyes said:
I hope Japan can win somehow tomorrow and I'd rather have Portugal out than Spain.

im with you. ive always been a fan of Japan and that last game was fucking amazing. i hope they can advance.

also looking forward to seeing Portugal get donkey punched tomorrow.

LordPhoque said:
Nobody thinks that Paraguay is Worst Guay ?

yeah, but...

Melfice7

Stridone said:
More like people saying no have watched most of the WC matches...

no game is the same and the teams who qualify are not there by draw they earn it, football never is an exact science, who would say greece would win euro04? who would say the finalists of WC 06 france and italy would be eliminated in the group stage both in last place..

football is about what you do on the pitch in that moment and anything can happen, everything else is bullshit

I've been really impressed with Japan so far, so I'm hoping they make it through.

Really looking forward to Spain-Portugal. I'm going to have to go with Spain, but it should be a great match. Fabregas had better be starting, fuck.

Hoping Coentrao and Meireles put on another top performance this match. And also that Deco stays on the bench.

Don't let me down Portugal.
If they win, i'll imagine there will be riots in Sydney's portugese community. They flooded and blocked off the streets prior to the Portugal-France in '06. Awesome time

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
NIPPON

I want to see them go at least to the quarter finals, just so some of the media has to swallow a bullet when they laughed at Okada stating that they would reach the semis :lol

That and the girls would never forgive me if I went for Bestguay. I'm sorry Chilavert! Honda is better!

lupin23rd

I don't like Paraguay's uniform so I'm on board the Uruguay-is-best-guay bandwagon.

Although they beat South Korea so fuck them too :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom