• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 7/05: Semi-finals |OT| Uruguay vs Netherlands | Germany vs. Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Kurtofan said:
I hope Paul's wrong so we can stop with the psychic animal bullshit.
Well, I think this is the first prediction that didn't involve Germany, so maybe his psychic powers are limited only to German games? HAVE HOPE, NETHERLANDS FANS.

GeNoMe

Gee thanks Paul! let me just ask the parakeet instead, or the pig, or what about the dolphin?

Fucking%20Stupid.thumbnail.jpg

Nyx

Funky Papa said:
Gotta love the optimism of the Dutchies. I bet your tears taste like syrup.

Most people from Spain already think they have won the cup, how would their tears taste ?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Funky Papa said:
Gotta love the optimism of the Dutchies. I bet your tears taste like syrup.

What do you expect

'oh, we are slight underdogs and haven't been in the final for 32 years..... we think we're going to lose, let's scrap the party'

I mean really?

GeNoMe

catfish said:
What do you expect

'oh, we are slight underdogs and haven't been in the final for 32 years..... we think we're going to lose, let's scrap the party'

I mean really?
This!

It's gonna be big national party wether we win or lose!

Waar gaan de NL gaffers kijken?

Forbiden

Nyx said:
Most people from Spain already think they have won the cup, how would their tears taste ?

That is always the best way to set yourself up for disappointment, thinking you have the match in the bag, then BAM.

I don't believe Spain already has this game won, but I believe in the fact that they CAN win it.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
BaZZaa said:
hopelijk in amsterdam...

was thinking museumsplein... 80,000 people though. I don't want to have to take a piss while standing in the middle of that.

My friend owns a bike store with a projector and another telly that can seat about 50. With the weather looking AWESOME, then BBQ with friends + football = win.

If they do win, would love to dodge work on tuesday and go check the parade, I live round the corner from the brouwersgracht which is part of the route

shibbs

catfish said:
was thinking museumsplein... 80,000 people though. I don't want to have to take a piss while standing in the middle of that.

My thoughts exactly. Plus, can you even see the screen properly? If heard it is big but I'm not sure.

I'll probably watch the game somewhere in the Jordaan.

Chuckie

LRB1983 said:
LIE, a big LIE!
We're just celebrating our First WC final. :p

Lol.... no you guys aren't hahaha. I've seen interviews and the Spanish media yesterday.... you guys are fully convinced that Cup is already yours. One guy said: Germany is better than Oranje, therefor the WC is ours.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
shibbs said:
My thoughts exactly. Plus, can you even see the screen properly? If heard it is big but I'm not sure.

I'll probably watch the game somewhere in the Jordaan.

Somebody said it's an '88 foot screen', but then, where did they get this information? From an american person? It's apparenlty large.

EDIT: Just clarified with colleages. 88 sq metres. largest in the world :lol Last one was 44 for the semi, then they doubled it.

Wessiej

The screen @ Museumplein is the largest screen in the world, FACT.

But I'm not going to watch there, maybe 100.000 people, where can I piss and get some beer? I'm watching it in a bar with a couple of friends, my boss, my co-worker and some other lunatics. Bought the homeshirt today, was the last one, things are flying out of the shelves :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Wessiej said:
The screen @ Museumplein is the largest screen in the world, FACT.

But I'm not going to watch there, maybe 100.000 people, where can I piss and get some beer? I'm watching it in a bar with a couple of friends, my boss, my co-worker and some other lunatics. Bought the homeshirt today, was the last one, things are flying out of the shelves :lol

yeah, it would be crazy to be a part of, but ..... not to jinx it, can you imagine the nightmare of losing there :/

sux it's on sunday as well, getting away from there, finding a place to put the bike etc... nightmare. If I was still 18 I'd probably go there. I'm opting for a smaller crowd of around 40, all known people, makes it nicer.

devilhawk

Tence said:
Even though I wish your logic was right... it is not.
Spain is beatable. I'm not picking them to lose however. I don't understand why everyone is declaring Spain as this insuperable team and laughing off instances they were beat by inferior teams like the US.

Wessiej

catfish said:
yeah, it would be crazy to be a part of, but ..... not to jinx it, can you imagine the nightmare of losing there :/

sux it's on sunday as well, getting away from there, finding a place to put the bike etc... nightmare. If I was still 18 I'd probably go there. I'm opting for a smaller crowd of around 40, all known people, makes it nicer.
Well yeah I wanted to go there, but if we
lose
it will be a shitty place. But after the match I will go to the city of Den Haag and party. After the semi-final there where thousands of people and it was really fun :D

megateto

Funky Papa said:
It's so easy to rile you up, guys :lol

Actually, everyone is nervous as fuck.

You know what? I really feel that everybody wants to win but deep inside us we all know that we are already winners, no matter what the outcome is, we feel like winners because we managed to overcome our curse and not only that, we made it to the final. So yeah, Sunday night is going to be party time!!!!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Thanks Paul! Now I dont have to make posts about "fuck this octopus shit, fuck"

Noody believes we've won the WC yet, we've had our heart broken with expectations before. We're just celebrating the fact that we made it to the final!

Tence said:
Lol.... no you guys aren't hahaha. I've seen interviews and the Spanish media yesterday.... you guys are fully convinced that Cup is already yours. One guy said: Germany is better than Oranje, therefor the WC is ours.

The spanish media is stupid, the people in the street aren't convinced, although I'm sure that if Spain plays like they did against Germany the victory is for us.

Phoenix4

GeNoMe said:
This!

It's gonna be big national party wether we win or lose!

Waar gaan de NL gaffers kijken?

I'm stuck in Bryce Canyon, Utah. Hopefully i can find a bar in the neighbourhood.
why did i go on holiday during the WC :( Thought they were gonna lose against Brazil

Wellscha

Yknow, I just realized something.

Spain are 2 days away from making history, And Torres didn't do jack shit in this campaign.

That's gotta be the most depressing event in his pro career. :(

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Wellscha said:

Spain are 2 days away from making history, And Torres didn't do jack shit in this campaign.

I thought about this quite a lot as well, but in the end I doubt Espana will give a fuck cause they just won the World Cup babyyyyyyyy yeaaaaaaaaaa. It is quite sad for Torres though.

Enosh

Wellscha said:

with there being 1-1 Torres will come on the field in the 74th minute and score the winning goal for Spain (with a nice assist by Xavi ofcourse) and redeem himself in the eyes of all the fans

:D

yeah, I realy doubt that will happen

Arjen

Phoenix4 said:
I'm stuck in Bryce Canyon, Utah. Hopefully i can find a bar in the neighbourhood.
why did i go on holiday during the WC :( Thought they were gonna lose against Brazil

Well at leat Bryce looks kinda orange, or red, whatever you prefer

FuturusX

Wellscha said:

If he scores the winning goal...then all we be forgotten. Such are the fortunes of a striker, 1 important goal evaporates numerous errors. For goal keepers the reverse is true...

Also you have to consider that he's coming back from injury he's not really "match" fit. He should consider himself lucky to be even playing.

A few good players are going home without scoring [Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo (I don't count the N.Korea goal - sorry)]

He really should have scored last game. Pedro didn't do him any favours at all, one square ball and Torres was in, maybe subconsciously Pedro knew that a start for Torres means the bench for him :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom