• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy (First on PS4/Vita)

LKFf6CP.jpg
FXS9mHP.jpg

Aaaaah its so cute

Apparently the director has quite the history.

From Dirge of Cerberus and LR, all the way to Chrono Trigger and FFVI.

Interesting...

Vashetti

Banned
I wonder if there's any differences between the two versions. I was thinking about buying it on Vita so that the machine has a purpose.

I'll buy on both, but will play mostly on Vita. We need to show SE that we'll reward Vita support.

I can't imagine there'll be significant differences because it supports cross-save.

crpav

I won't judge it on looks. In fact I kind of like it. Sure it's not a traditional Final Fantasy like the main games in the series but it's about how it plays. I never even cared about spin off type Final Fantasy games like Final Fantasy Fables:Chocobo Tales but once I played it I loved it.

Honestly, that just means it can be a hot mess or a great game. With so little shown so far, I'd go with neither.

Yup. I have a feeling this game will be more known than other FF spin offs... Be it for good or bad.

But idk, from what we've seen so far I'm willing to trust the guy.

Prelude.

I probably missed something but why are people saying it's "not-pokémon"? Because of the gameplay or is it like a catch 'em all thingy?

Vashetti

Banned
Ahhhhh I can't stop thinking about this game! Something about the artstyle just really speaks to me

Can't wait to play it on Vita :D

crinale

Reading some info I think this actually is a decent budgeted game (well, not mainline FF caliber but still). Let's see how it turns out.
Personally I'm wondering how online works.

Karsha

What's with the different artstyles during game and battles, you can change them or what? In some parts they are all chiby in others they look anime style

AmanoBuff

From Gematsu:

World of Final Fantasy uses a modified ATB system

New details on World of Final Fantasy has come out of a GamesBeat E3 interview with producer Hiroki Chiba.

The game was first announced at Sony’s E3 press conference for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, and was later detailed at Square Enix’s press conference.

Get the new information below.

- The game uses the Active Time Battle system, but has been changed a bit “to add something more like the current generation of games.”
- The world encompasses elements from a lot of other Final Fantasy games. For example, the scene where we see the characters on a bridge to a big castle, that castle is based on Cornelia’s Castle from the original Final Fantasy.
- You befriend monsters by battling them. There is a system involved, which Square Enix won’t disclose, but it is used to capture or befriend them. Some monsters can only be captured by clearing different storylines.
- You can change the protagonists’ sizes from small to big at any time with the push of a button. When you’re smaller, you can ride on monsters. When you’re bigger, you can stack monsters on top of you. The formation will affect the stats and abilities you use in battle, and you can also freely stack monsters.
- The new style is meant to draw in a younger generation to Final Fantasy. Tetsuya Nomura did the designs for the main characters.
- Some of the monsters are voiced and appear in the story. There will also be completely new monsters never seen before in Final Fantasy.
- Cloud and the Warrior of Light will appear in the game. All of the characters from previous games that appear will be part of the main story. There will be side quests for players who want to learn more about their stories.
- The story is about two siblings who came from a world of bigger people to a different world of smaller people, called “Grimoire.
- You can have up to six characters/monsters in battle. Parties consist of the siblings and four monsters.
- ” I’m not sure if we should call it multiplayer at the moment or not, but because the game is going to be released for PS4 and PS Vita, we’re talking about creating a game system where players will be able to play with other people.”
- The game will have cross-save and be released in both physical and digital formats.
- The game will contain new songs, such as the song in the trailer created by Masashi Hamauzu, as well as re-arrangements of songs from previous Final Fantasy titles. Hamauzu is also handling those arrangements.
- That’s all for World of Final Fantasy, but GamesBeat did quiz Chiba about that secret movie at the end of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, which he worked on.

“I can’t disclose anything right now, really, but I’m sure you already know that we’ve trademarked Type-1, Type-2, Type-3,” Chiba said. “As a fan myself, I feel like we might look out for something coming along.”

Reveirg

Some more tidbits here: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/2...m-and-story-are-inspired-from-older-ff-games/

“We requested Masashi Hamauzu to do the music for the trailer that we recently showcased,” says Chiba. “In addition to making new songs for this title, he’s also been put in charge for making arrangements for existing songs. We’d like to have the Chocobo theme playing while riding Chocobos, and we’d like to avoid possibly ruining the image of the Victory Fanfare. You’d like to hear ‘Battle on the Big Bridge’ when Gilgamesh shows up, right?”

Hamauzu arrangement of Battle on the Big Bridge.

*dies*

AmanoBuff

I see. You somewhat could do that in XIII-2 too.

Yes, but I found it almost useless in practice. Here it seems the gameplay is fondamentally based on the monsters catching/breeding or whatever given that you are going ti be able to cast the most powerful magic attacks only if the 2 (?) monsters along with your character have learned the same spell

Cha

Glad that you can change your size at any time. I know it affects the stacking, but I'm gonna try to stay chibi-fied as much as possible. It's so cute!
Besides, the "normal" sized main characters just look a bid weird/unappealing to me (might be the head to body ratio?). Hope they make some adjustments to them.

Otherwise, loving the information we've gotten so far.

Pachimari

I think the normal sized characters look perfect. They really have a very attractive style that makes me wanna stay that size. But of course the chibi is super cute as well.

Do we know who the main character is in this story?

Ravage

I'm liking everything I see and read, except for the chibi art style. :(

You are not the only one :/

But my visual preferences have never deterred me from buying games, plus there's actually a gameplay reason for the chibi-fication. Art style aside, I'm liking the sound of the stacking mechanics, ATB combat and monster collection.

I had a Vita only and was going to buy this for the Vita, but now that I'm getting a PS4 Pro, which does Remote Play, I'm not too sure anymore.

Top Bottom