• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Entropia

No One Remembers
They don't want you to be able to gear up someone you aren't playing, so things like Justice/Valor and Honor/Conquest are off the cards. I'd love to see other stuff account-wide though. Ironpaw, Crusader, World Tree, Coins, all that jazz.

I'm not sure if I am for or against that. Considering the cost of some of those things (particularly World Tree and Crusader), that'd be a great idea. But then it just encourages that, in order for you to get what you want and fast, that you have to have multiple toons doing the dailies or what have you to get what you want.

EDIT: less than 50 posts to 20k, time for new OT? I have the post ready to go..

Knch

Yeah, if you have NPCScan and keep the cache clear, they pop up like crazy.

Speaking of that though, I finally ran into a Pandaria rare I couldn't solo. It was one of the Pandaren rares in Dread Wastes. I couldn't keep interrupting her heals, since I'd run out of interrupts and she'd heal like 2-3 times in a row.
Ended up having to have a guildie help me kill her. (In retrospect, I had about 2 more interrupts I didn't think of using...stupid me.)

Surprising, since I typically don't have a problem with rares, and as a Hunter, I can solo them pretty well, even if it does take a while. Especially those ones with 4 mil HP...
Every time I run into a Rare in Pandaria, this song plays in my head.

I ran into that one too, 3.7M HP and when down to 3M heals for 700K... After a few of those heals, I walked away and dismissed the void... (I can only think of one interrupt I didn't use...)

Kenai

They don't want you to be able to gear up someone you aren't playing, so things like Justice/Valor and Honor/Conquest are off the cards. I'd love to see other stuff account-wide though. Ironpaw, Crusader, World Tree, Coins, all that jazz.

They'd probably end up going halfway and make you still need to level the rep on your alt to spend them (especially since they are making rep easier to grind now) and then make most of the things soulbound so you can't grind tokens on one server and then buy + sell on another (which would mess up a lot of AH economies if it were allowed probably).

They also made Valor grinding easier, I didn't notice that you get a 50% buff to Valor obtained on other toons on the same realm when you have one capped for the week until a few days ago. I only have my Monk at 90 now but that buff really makes me want to work on my Pally or Druid. I just don't have the time right now though, and the Valor cap is reset today anyway. I am glad this expansion is more alt friendly than ever, especially since I rerolled Monk and love it. I miss a few vanity items but that's about it.

Edit: Throw my vote in for Cataclysm was merely a Setback mentioned earlier. Despite not making any sense sales-wise, as a player that is absolutely how I feel.

Acidote

Ask someone from another server to invite you to group, that's what I did yesterday and it worked like a charm. When I got sent to their server, I saw like 5 or 6 other people from various other servers doing the same thing.

I tried that, but I have no friends meeting the criteria for that (same zone or level 90). I tried with two 85s. We've all ended up in the same realm with our mains. Thanks for the advice though =)

Acidote

And regarding the Wrathion stance, Blizzard has stated before that he's out there for the good of all Azeroth. But he cares about it as a whole, as the lore stated his father should have. He isn't constricted by morals to defend it and so he will do what he deems necessary for the greater good.

In short, he's cunning, ruthless, and doesn't care about the alliance or the horde as entities, but he does care for Azeroth.

World of Warcraft |OT4| - Daily attunements to the void

Entropia

No One Remembers
And regarding the Wrathion stance, Blizzard has stated before that he's out there for the good of all Azeroth. But he cares about it as a whole, as the lore stated his father should have. He isn't constricted by morals to defend it and so he will do what he deems necessary for the greater good.

In short, he's cunning, ruthless, and doesn't care about the alliance or the horde as entities, but he does care for Azeroth.

I agree with mclem said, it seems like the logical conclusion so far:

Actually - and I'm sticking my neck out here, I know - that strikes me as too obvious. He's a child of Deathwing, he is being positively Machiavellian behind the scenes...

...I'm thinking that a fun curveball would be if he ended up as Chaotic Neutral.

That is basically the way I am seeing it. He's just in the middle of the Horde and Alliance. He gives neither side allegiance, and assists whoever he sees fit regardless of their purpose.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am ready for |OT5|

mclem

Technically, wasn't Algalon 'out there for the good of all Azeroth'? :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
btw, who's doing the new OT?

Do it Yoshi, it's your destiny. :D

Entropia made it, we're just waiting for him to post it!

Acidote

Technically, wasn't Algalon 'out there for the good of all Azeroth'? :)

He was not as I see him. He was there to watch it and purge it if Azeroth became corrupted. The titans purpose is to set the universe in order instead of chaos, and Algalon is their tool. He wasn't there for the good of Azeroth, he was in there for the order of the universe (can't explain it better, I'm lacking vocabulary right now after a long day at the office).

I am worried that Yoshi has a dangerously addictive personality and he listens only to his enablers in this thread. I don't say this to pile on him, only that his behavior really frightens me.
I'd agree with this. Not talking shit but if you put off going to the doctor to play a game when your finger is about to fall off... That's problematic. Staying up for 26 hours straight for a rare spawn is fucking crazy.

Everybody cheering him on is a little irresponsible.

ampere

Bah... finally maxed out all of the cooking specs to get the Pandaren Banquet recipe, thinking it would give everyone 300 stats if they had their spec maxed. It says 275 but it lacks the 'will give extra benefit to some' text.

Apparently it does not, and I wasted my time, people only get the 300 stats from the personal food.

Very frustrating, I can't understand why the recipe exists if it doesn't give the 300 stats.

Yoshichan

This thread should be locked.

Top Bottom