• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

JCizzle

Nah man. "rare" mobs were pretty common in vanilla. After that they decided that rare mobs should be virtually impossible to to find unless you were ready to log in the moment servers went online after maintenance, then fly straight to were they were the spawn and hope they're there.

Rare mobs post vanilla also sucked because chances were you couldn't kill one if you encountered it while leveling.

I love the new approach personally. They've become much longer, harder, yet fair fights that provide a nice XP bump and good leveling loot.

---

Trying to keep up with gathering on my monk has sucked. Spent basically all night grinding to get the skills up to 160 each.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You've got issues Macattk15

Riggs

Banned
Chill bro. Don't make me start bashing Howard Stern.

Not really seeing how me calling out someones mental instabilities makes me a hater though.

igrCw8GR9xDEg.gif

icYYKDrqmQy8v.gif

iRYbb9DNojjlO.gif

You really ready for war?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's comical that I don't know who you are, yet you seem to know a lot about me - and even bother doing back-trash researching. You also managed to derail the thread like no tomorrow.

You are the worst poster on GAF to this date; that's an achievement bigger than the Galleon-kill right there.

Macattk15

It's comical that I don't know who you are, yet you seem to know a lot about me - and even bother doing back-trash researching. You also managed to derail the thread like no tomorrow.

You are the worst poster on GAF to this date; that's an achievement bigger than the Galleon-kill right there.

Talk about not knowing someone. I might be YOUR worst poster, but I'm not the worst poster on GAF.

I didn't do "research" ... I've been a part of every thread you've melted down in.

I just get sick of your ridiculous whining after you've played a game for 200 hours straight. Sorry I can't contain it indefinitely.

Yoshichan

I just get sick of your ridiculous whining after you've played a game for 200 hours straight. Sorry I can't contain it indefinitely.
That's too bad. Start using the ignore function then bro.

Fjordson

90! Big relief =D

Now I need to decide what to do next. I should go for some gear for heroics (only 10 gear points away) but I'm so tempted to just go farm some rep for all these sweet new mounts.

Yoshichan

Doing dailies and then going to bed :D

Thanks for all the support guys (Riggs, Entropia)! ♥

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Chill bro. Don't make me start bashing Howard Stern.

Not really seeing how me calling out someones mental instabilities makes me a hater though.

You're just being an asshole for no reason whatsoever. What Yoshi does doesn't affect you in the slightest.

You're just being an asshole for no reason whatsoever. What Yoshi does doesn't affect you in the slightest.

I am worried that Yoshi has a dangerously addictive personality and he listens only to his enablers in this thread. I don't say this to pile on him, only that his behavior really frightens me.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I am worried that Yoshi has a dangerously addictive personality and he listens only to his enablers in this thread. I don't say this to pile on him, only that his behavior really frightens me.

I have a hard time believing Macattk15 is trying to help him.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I actually told him to get off and get to sleep repeatedly. :\

EDIT: I have an OT4 created, it's a bit more fleshed out than the this one. :)

I guess I'll be posting it tomorrow morning sometime!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't disagree, but sometimes you gotta be told you're fat to lose the weight, ya know?

I don't think anyone on GAF can convince him to change his lifestyle, so if he wants to ruin his fingers and suffer a lack of sleep due to video games... well... that's his own problem i guess.

Yoshichan

Aaaand g'night ♥

What a great couple of days its been..Definitely gonna remember this my entire life :3 love sharing crazy mmo stories like these~

Well then, turning off my phone! gg

Tarazet

I'm still trying to get my cat rotation down. I'm in 462 gear, gemmed for Agi and Crit, done everything I can possibly think of to improve my rotation and I'm stuck around 36k single target on my dummy. I'm sure I have to be derping something up.

- I put Tiger's Fury on a macro that also blows Berserk and Berserking if they're up, since it's beneficial to stack DPS cooldowns.
- Savage Roar with no combo points to open, hit my Tiger's Fury macro during the GCD, Rake, Shred Shred Shred so I can get a Rip in while Savage Roar and Tiger's Fury are still active.
- I took Dream of Cenarius, so I use my instant Healing Touch after every 5 point combo, and spend one of the charges on refreshing Rake.
- I switched to ElvUI so that I can keep track of uptime on everything.
- Rarely using Ferocious Bite outside of execute phases.
- Tiger's Fury on cooldown when energy is low.
- Refreshing Savage Roar with 5 points, usually shortly after it falls off.

I know for sure part of the problem is that I'm taking too long to decide which of my three finishers to use, but is there anything fundamentally wrong with this?

Neki

I'm still trying to get my cat rotation down. I'm in 462 gear, gemmed for Agi and Crit, done everything I can possibly think of to improve my rotation and I'm stuck around 36k single target on my dummy. I'm sure I have to be derping something up.

- I put Tiger's Fury on a macro that also blows Berserk and Berserking if they're up, since it's beneficial to stack DPS cooldowns.
- Savage Roar with no combo points to open, hit my Tiger's Fury macro during the GCD, Rake, Shred Shred Shred so I can get a Rip in while Savage Roar and Tiger's Fury are still active.
- I took Dream of Cenarius, so I use my instant Healing Touch after every 5 point combo, and spend one of the charges on refreshing Rake.
- I switched to ElvUI so that I can keep track of uptime on everything.
- Rarely using Ferocious Bite outside of execute phases.

I know for sure part of the problem is that I'm taking too long to decide which of my three finishers to use, but is there anything fundamentally wrong with this?

what kind of damage are you expecting a test dummy though? that's 36k without any raid buffs

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have a hard time believing Macattk15 is trying to help him.

Man, I don't know. Given his history with Dark Souls/D3, Yoshi seems addictive - I think he needs the reality boost of someone telling him not to spend 30 hours in game.

Fjordson

I just stumbled into my first Sha of Anger group. That was pretty awesome. Was mostly killing the extra spawns throughout the fight and breaking MC's.

Unfortunately I only got 28 gold from the cache you get =[ was hoping for some phat loot. Oh well, still really fun. I love world bosses. Don't even remember the last time I did one. Maybe one of those dragons back in vanilla?

Acidote

6 days and two tickets later the Battle Helm of the Thunder King quest is still bugged in my server. I guess I'll have to wait for tomorrow's reset.

Robin64

That's that dead, then. Living Steel is now the same price as Living Steel Belt Buckle. Both 1200g on my shitty server.

Also, Yoshi's playtime might seem crazy to some of you, but your playtime is crazy to a lot of people I know. (ie, any). It's all relative.

Oh AND! Where's confirmation about the ~155 rares? Or are people just seeing, for the first time, the crapload of rares they added to old zones with Cata?

Rokam

That's that dead, then. Living Steel is now the same price as Living Steel Belt Buckle. Both 1200g on my shitty server.

Also, Yoshi's playtime might seem crazy to some of you, but your playtime is crazy to a lot of people I know. (ie, any). It's all relative.

Oh AND! Where's confirmation about the ~155 rares? Or are people just seeing, for the first time, the crapload of rares they added to old zones with Cata?

No they added more, petopia has a running list of tameable mobs right now.

Fjordson

New tameable rares? Hype at maximum levels.

Also, just got the Disc of the Red Flying Cloud with Lorewalkers rep. I didn't even realize how many Lore objects I had managed to pick up while leveling so it was pretty easy. What an awesome mount.

Fjordson

ZenaxPure

Finally after around 15 nanner kills I got my little monkey helper, as much fun as I find fighting rare Hozen I look forward to never fighting him again. Getting random adds or making a dumb mistake and dying then only being able to watch helplessly as someone else kills him since you have rez sickness was pretty depressing.

Gives me more time to hunt down the ones I lack anyway. I am a little over halfway done with the rare spawns, absolutely my favorite part of the xpac. I really hope the fights in the brawlers guild are as fun as the rares, I will spend all my free time there.

Rokam

Finally after around 15 nanner kills I got my little monkey helper, as much fun as I find fighting rare Hozen I look forward to never fighting him again. Getting random adds or making a dumb mistake and dying then only being able to watch helplessly as someone else kills him since you have rez sickness was pretty depressing.

Gives me more time to hunt down the ones I lack anyway. I am a little over halfway done with the rare spawns, absolutely my favorite part of the xpac. I really hope the fights in the brawlers guild are as fun as the rares, I will spend all my free time there.

I love Whikky!

Made a jade panther, sexy

Jeweled Onyx Panther or go home.

Sorta been thinking about that, as having an alchemist and jewelcrafter, it would really only cost me the vendor mats in the long run, so ~80k. Would mean I have to get exalted with cloud serpents on my alt though, which takes quite awhile. May settle for a single one in the mean time. Pretty sexy for alts if nothing else, though my stable of ground mounts is already more impressive than my flying ones.

Could also get the new vendor ground mount, but after a Traveler's Mammoth already, that one is pure vanity. Reforger on your mount doesn't add much, and I'd rather spend the 100k say, buying a run from people for a raid mount or something off the BMAH.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Jeweled Onyx Panther or go home.

Sorta been thinking about that, as having an alchemist and jewelcrafter, it would really only cost me the vendor mats in the long run, so ~80k. Would mean I have to get exalted with cloud serpents on my alt though, which takes quite awhile. May settle for a single one in the mean time. Pretty sexy for alts if nothing else, though my stable of ground mounts is already more impressive than my flying ones.

Green Ranger > *

You know you can fly with them right?

Not waiting until exalted for a new mount to fly around with.

Not sure if I even like the black. It's cool to combine them all, but, eh.

Green Ranger > *

You know you can fly with them right?

Not waiting until exalted for a new mount to fly around with.

Not sure if I even like the black. It's cool to combine them all, but, eh.

Yeah I know they fly! I was just remarking about the ground aspect more since they work as both and are a typically ground model.

I'm thinking anything but yellow. And yeah, not sure how I really like the black one compared to the others, but it's fancy!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'll probably make them all and the combined one, but green is probably my favorite between them all. Happy it didn't need higher rep like the red and blue.

So that's my new main flying mount right now.

Top Bottom