• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wish they would add boots to the Tier lists for a few reasons. One, it would make getting the bonuses smoother and less of a hassle to get that one piece that won't drop. Second, you've have less of a likliehood hassle replacing gear with equivalent level gear just for that bonus. Lastly, the appropriate boots in each tier never seem to match your set (i.e. they're designed to match Warrior tier but you're a Paladin or a DK).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did some interviewing. WoW-players are crazy.

"How long have you been waiting?" Suddenly, GAF became shocked. SHOCKED, I tell you!

35mNd.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
See guys, it's not just Yoshi..
They know this, they just find it disgusting that someone on GAF would do such a thing. It's particularly offensive if they speak directly to the creature that has managed to camp for such a "long" time!

Pic deserves to be quoted, again (I know most of these people, they've been camping since I started):

Personal note: 34h

Macattk15

Also, I really don't like doing this but I'm pretty much forced to at this point~ This page added three new people to my ignore list. Good job!

Good. You probably ignored me already after your breakdown in the D3 thread where i called you ridiculous.

Not really, I'm getting morale-boost from lots of people in WoW, in real life and my own Entropia. It's an MMO; people do crazy shit - people who don't play MMOs usually talk shit and that's fine. But some people in this thread seems to be absolutely disgusted by the thought of camping a monster. To the point where I sometimes think that I'm on a forum about clothings and shoes, and not video games.

Correction. Camping a monster for 26 hours. There is a difference between camping a monster and camping a monster on unsafe for health levels. If you think staying awake for 26 hours is a good thing then you have other problems.

As I said earlier, you go from one spectrum to the other on a game in a span of months ... elation to constant griping.

An excerpt from your other exploits ... and your disgusting finger ....

"So believe it or not, around 60 hours later (still without sleep) I decided to go to a doctor - and thank God for that. I didn't tell the doctor the truth obviously, I just told him I slipped and that it became green/purple'ish almost immediately. They made a bunch of tests and told me that it was a big infection and that it had causes some sort of blood poisoning (which would've probably lead up to me dying if I kept ignoring it). So it was basically an emergency and they had to deal with my finger right that instant.

Needless to say, I don't think I've ever dealt with that much pain in my entire life. I would've taken four bullets to my legs, rather than go through that pain again. I went home that day and went to bed immediately as I felt that I was going to die. Woke up the next morning, I was feeling recharged (my fever had gone away) and my finger was healing up:

NSFW - DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE DISGUSTED

http://i.imgur.com/9BFuj.jpg "

Yeah dude. Completely normal.

Yoshichan

Grats! Did you manage to get anything good?

I'm not sure I can even see Galleon in that pic...I take it all the drakes ate him?
Nooo :lol he hasn't spawned yet!

edit: I laughed so much at "drakes ate him?" XD

Yoshichan

I love how everyone has a different mount.
And I'm too poor to even have a single "rare" one... flying around as a silly bat ,_,

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wow, what happened to the finger in that pic?

He played Dark Souls until he got a deadly infection because he tore his finger apart and decided to play for 60 straight hours instead of getting medical treatment.

Yoshichan

Everytime it starts getting dark + raining, everyone goes crazy, saying that Galleon always spawns when it's bad weather :lol

Entropia, take me out of this server XD!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Everytime it starts getting dark + raining, everyone goes crazy, saying that Galleon always spawns when it's bad weather :lol

Entropia, take me out of this server XD!

I am raiding now. :\

I am actually mad at my group. I wasn't there last night and they couldn't fucking kill the Stone Guard.

Yoshichan

I am raiding now. :\

I am actually mad at my group. I wasn't there last night and they couldn't fucking kill the Stone Guard.
Sorry, not gonna bother you ♥ Tell me how it goes later, ok?!

JCizzle

Doing anything for 26 hours straight is crazy, it doesn't matter it's an mmo, it's the fact that you ignored sleep and your social life to do it.

To be fair, if you read through the GW2 thread from when it launched it's certainly not an isolated thing.

Lucis

I don't get it, why would someone camp for so long, for a chance of loot? Is galleon also on person loot as sha? I'd rather just do normal raids, 1 piece of loot isn't gonna make or break the game (well someone argue those sub 1% wipes, but if you go that far, a few more attempts would have downed boss anyways).

I am 4/6 on a casual 2-3 nights (3 hour / night) / week raiding, this is our second week, I can see how elegon will be super hard block and will of emperor will be a lot easier if we just get pass elegon.

Again I do not understand the mentality of camping galleon (I understand it's 496 shinnies)...

Yoshichan

WTF, I saw the Kripp Spirit King kill live but I had no idea they were gonna down Elegon the same night! Is he really that much easier than the Spirit King on heroic? SK took like 3 days for Kripp, while Elegon took like 4 hours...

http://en.twitch.tv/nl_kripp

Ultratech

Nooo :lol he hasn't spawned yet!

edit: I laughed so much at "drakes ate him?" XD

My bad. I thought he finally spawned. I've still yet to see him on my server...(he's not even being camped, but I've heard nothing at all at him popping up).

And I'm too poor to even have a single "rare" one... flying around as a silly bat ,_,

Speaking of, why don't we have bat mounts yet?

I don't get it, why would someone camp for so long, for a chance of loot? Is galleon also on person loot as sha? I'd rather just do normal raids, 1 piece of loot isn't gonna make or break the game (well someone argue those sub 1% wipes, but if you go that far, a few more attempts would have downed boss anyways).

Again I do not understand the mentality of camping galleon (I understand it's 496 shinnies)...

You'd be surprised at what some people would do for stuff. (Re: My hours of tracking down rare pets, transmog gear, or waiting on Kazzak/Doomwalker to show up so I can hope my shit drops off of them).

He played Dark Souls until he got a deadly infection because he tore his finger apart and decided to play for 60 straight hours instead of getting medical treatment.

Goddamn. I take it he adheres to "Wealth before Health.".

Good. You probably ignored me already after your breakdown in the D3 thread where i called you ridiculous.

Correction. Camping a monster for 26 hours. There is a difference between camping a monster and camping a monster on unsafe for health levels. If you think staying awake for 26 hours is a good thing then you have other problems.

As I said earlier, you go from one spectrum to the other on a game in a span of months ... elation to constant griping.

An excerpt from your other exploits ... and your disgusting finger ....

"So believe it or not, around 60 hours later (still without sleep) I decided to go to a doctor - and thank God for that. I didn't tell the doctor the truth obviously, I just told him I slipped and that it became green/purple'ish almost immediately. They made a bunch of tests and told me that it was a big infection and that it had causes some sort of blood poisoning (which would've probably lead up to me dying if I kept ignoring it). So it was basically an emergency and they had to deal with my finger right that instant.

Needless to say, I don't think I've ever dealt with that much pain in my entire life. I would've taken four bullets to my legs, rather than go through that pain again. I went home that day and went to bed immediately as I felt that I was going to die. Woke up the next morning, I was feeling recharged (my fever had gone away) and my finger was healing up:

NSFW - DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE DISGUSTED

http://i.imgur.com/9BFuj.jpg "

Yeah dude. Completely normal.

This is the most ridiculous shit i've seen on this forum. Yoshi, You do realise people have ended up dying from these retarded gaming binges bro?

Kenai

All this talk about camping rare spawns reminds me of the good ol' Dragon's Aery at 5am.

No matter how "bad" things on WoW get for grinding or loot drops or whatever, when I start to remember some of the really stupid shi*t I did on FFXI and Everquest (which was quite common in MMOs pre-WoW) it just seems so tame in comparison that I instantly get over it. Not saying I start enjoying it or anything, but previous MMOs gave me a thick skin for some of these things I guess.

That being said, I never got to the point where it started to affect my health or other things outside the game. That is what I would call a problem.

Yoshichan

Dragon's Aery, fuuuuuuuck!

The game I played hardcore the most was a Korean MMORPG called Legend of Mir. The GMs spawned a boss called "Old God" or some shit like that, and it could spawn "anytime soon". People expected it to be like today or tomorrow, so we ended up camping in the dungeon, near his throne for 3 months. Three months of waking up three hours earlier, going to school, come home for lunch, and then stay up until 1-2AM. When he spawned, he wiped our whole group because most of us were AFK (obviously). When we got back and re-grouped, we went for it again - and wiped. We wiped for hours until we realized that he was impossible to kill. Turns out, he was impossible to kill (infinite health).

._.

Lucis

All this talk about camping rare spawns reminds me of the good ol' Dragon's Aery at 5am.

No matter how "bad" things on WoW get for grinding or loot drops or whatever, when I start to remember some of the really stupid shi*t I did on FFXI and Everquest (which was quite common in MMOs pre-WoW) it just seems so tame in comparison that I instantly get over it. Not saying I start enjoying it or anything, but previous MMOs gave me a thick skin for some of these things I guess.

That being said, I never got to the point where it started to affect my health or other things outside the game. That is what I would call a problem.

If you only played FFXI after NA release, you don't know how bad camp was, still not as bad as this stuff.

竜のねぐら (what you call Dragon's Aery) was never as bad as this, actually none of the FF11 bosses was that bad, during early days of JP release, it was 72 hour spawn with 24 hour spawn window. it means that the window of possible spawn starts exactly 72 hours after the kill, and it can spawn anytime between then and 24 hours after that exact moment. Then SE realized shit got too crazy and made it 24 hour respawn with a 3 hour window. So technically the most you have to wait is 3 hours.

What got crazy after a while is that, we had a gaijin group (Before NA release) that would pull the spawn window way out of the japanese's reach. Some of us used a 5-6 man sustain group that fight boss for hours to drag it from 8-9pm Japan time (which is about 5AM PST), hold it and not kill it until 4AM japan time. Back then we were all college students and those things were "fun" in a way.

But still, 3x hours continues camp is crazy reguardless lol

If you only played FFXI after NA release, you don't know how bad camp was, still not as bad as this stuff.

I thought Tiamat had a 3 day spawn window. It's been a while since I've played FFXI though. That game encouraged an unhealthy playstyle more than any other I've seen.

Lucis

I thought Tiamat had a 3 day spawn window. It's been a while since I've played FFXI though. That game encouraged an unhealthy playstyle more than any other I've seen.

Actually I quit FF11 (to play wow) around the time cop just came out. We actually did a 3 alliance (swap and backup) tiamat kill then I called it quits. I would imagine it's a 3 day spawn timer, and probably a few hour of spawn window. If SE went back to the 24 hour (or even worse) spawn window, then seriously the LOL is on them. Then again, they eventually came up with THE Absolute Virtue

Yoshichan

OUHAfoUAFSAGtfou ahsoiutgfashoputgahsoutghasdopughaspoghasdoighasdgadsgsdgs WHAT?!?!?!?!

dsrT0.jpg

Yoshichan

Entropia

No One Remembers
Feng finally down.

Did 58k DPS on the kill, top DPS for the group. I feel "good" because I was on top, but I look at the top 200 ranks and I get sad because I'm generally just outside of them.

Ultratech

So Blizzard decided to stick ~155 new Rare mobs in 5.1...

This is shaping up to be a very crazy patch.

Wonder what other surprises they have in store for us?

OUHAfoUAFSAGtfou ahsoiutgfashoputgahsoutghasdopughaspoghasdoighasdgadsgsdgs WHAT?!?!?!?!

dsrT0.jpg

The Desire Sensor is working against you!

Feng finally down.

Did 58k DPS on the kill, top DPS for the group. I feel "good" because I was on top, but I look at the top 200 ranks and I get sad because I'm generally just outside of them.

Reminds me of myself while I was doing DS. Hitting top numbers on the charts only to find that compared to what the best was at the time, it wasn't that great. :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So Blizzard decided to stick ~155 new Rare mobs in 5.1...

This is shaping up to be a very crazy patch.

Wonder what other surprises they have in store for us?

The Desire Sensor is working against you!

Reminds me of myself while I was doing DS. Hitting top numbers on the charts only to find that compared to what the best was at the time, it wasn't that great. :(

Lol, might as well call them "Not-So-Rare mobs" now.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Yosh I would have never know this guy was on such a long timer if not for reading this lol.

I saw him when I was 89 leveling in the air, asked to join the raid. We downed him and I got a caster 496 helmet.

I thought to myself "Hey I need to get in on that again, nice loot!"

Now I will just count myself ridiculously lucky.

Trickster

Lol, might as well call them "Not-So-Rare mobs" now.

Nah man. "rare" mobs were pretty common in vanilla. After that they decided that rare mobs should be virtually impossible to to find unless you were ready to log in the moment servers went online after maintenance, then fly straight to were they were the spawn and hope they're there.

Rare mobs post vanilla also sucked because chances were you couldn't kill one if you encountered it while leveling.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yosh I would have never know this guy was on such a long timer if not for reading this lol.

I saw him when I was 89 leveling in the air, asked to join the raid. We downed him and I got a caster 496 helmet.

I thought to myself "Hey I need to get in on that again, nice loot!"

Now I will just count myself ridiculously lucky.

First time we killed it was during the first week with all the fresh 90s. I had to do /who 90 and whisper them all to try and fill up the raid, a bunch of them didn't even want to come. We ended up killing the boss with about 2 minutes left before the reset.

Yoshichan

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom