• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acidote

498 is not a "new 90", thats like full timeless isle + at least ToT LFR on the other slots, he did not get 498 by "freshly dinging 90, buying the book and going"

Im 493 atm myself, and thats with timeless isle gear, a few ToT LFR stuff and a few 483 stuff

You can do it with what you have. You just need to give it a few more trys. We believe in you!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WAIT

Login screen legit or not? Fan-made or real?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dsfeds90fuy 32057u90327u5032q 7u5980utrf0uy+ )=OASIJHFOIÅAS/ bf0qawur O=ÅUF`=SAUFSAFUSAOJHVLVHXZvfsxzvvvvvvvvvvvvvvxxxxxxxxxxzdterwstg

RPGCrazied

I just read what they are doing with Druid's travel form. Noooo. Basically its one button that chooses what form you take. If you are in a zone that allows flying, you automatically get flight form. That sucks. Sometimes I just like to go into stag form to explore and stuff.

Yoshichan

I just read what they are doing with Druid's travel form. Noooo. Basically its one button that chooses what form you take. If you are in a zone that allows flying, you automatically get flight form. That sucks. Sometimes I just like to go into stag form to explore and stuff.

LINK!

M.D

Why would they do that? :/

witness

Looking over the T17 set bonuses and I'm extremely disappointed with the paladin set bonus for retribution. Seems really boring and tame compared to the frost DK (that 2 piece bonus!!) and the enhance shammy bonuses (feral spirits popping windfurry!). The hunter bonuses look nice also, especially for beast mastery. I'll probably switch to that after 6.0 drops.

RPGCrazied

I just read it on the WoW forums, the Druid class section. Then I read a tweet from a blue about having a minor glyph that will give you the option to choose what form you want. I guess its better than nothing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I really like how the troll (male) casting animation turned out. Very cool and smooth.

The running animation is kind of wut though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yup about to give up tbh, i just dont have the patience these days

I follow the videos to the dot. move pit lord to the side of the portal, havoc first felpuppy, chaos bolt and incenerate the second, pit lord charge and breath to kill the puppies, and theres always 1 puppy left, i have no idea how the video kills all 3 at the same time. and then the last puppy breaks the enslave, or just flat out eats me since the boss is also wailing on me

and thats when the fel imps dont just absolutely destroy me randomly, even tho i do the same thing every time, sometimes i kill them with no problem, sometimes they just destroy me in seconds

think ill go back to my mage plans and forget the lock lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I follow the videos to the dot. move put lord to the side of the portal, havoc first felpuppy, chaos bolt and incenerate the second, pit lord charge and breath to kill the puppies, and theres always 1 puppy left, i have no idea how the video kills all 3 at the same time. and then the last puppy breaks the enslave, or just flat out eats me since the boss is also wailing on me

and thats when the fel imps dont just absolutely destroy me randomly, even tho i do the same thing every time, sometimes i kill them with no problem, sometimes they just destroy me in seconds

the bolded part seems like a mistake. I've done the quest on 2 locks and never did that, I keep my pit lord far away untill 3 dogs are dead.

Lanigan

Neo Member

I follow the videos to the dot. move pit lord to the side of the portal, havoc first felpuppy, chaos bolt and incenerate the second, pit lord charge and breath to kill the puppies, and theres always 1 puppy left, i have no idea how the video kills all 3 at the same time. and then the last puppy breaks the enslave, or just flat out eats me since the boss is also wailing on me

Have you watched the video of the guy killing Kanrethad with 300 and something ilvl? The tactic the guy used was the one I had success (did it at around 495 ilvl). At work right now so I can´t look it up, but he was using Cataclysm epics.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
puppies just broke pit lord when he was like on the stairs (i sent him miles away) with rainfire on the portal to aggro them... i dont...i dont... i give up (for now), my neck is killing me, this is like my hardcore raiding days

also, doomlord standing there near the portal (because i send the pit lord to him for aggro and take the portal to drop my aggro) fucks me over because later in the fight my rain of fire hits him and aggros him lol. or them when theres 2...sigh

Are you using havoc on the first pup? I would havoc so I hit two pups, murder the first, on to the 2nd then the third. If I didn't use havoc to cast two chaos bolts I would have died every time.

1up

I look...AMAZING
5wUKPyj.png

Magnus

Gear will help, but I promise it isn't mandatory. You just have to execute for longer, and only a minute or two more at that.

I was in Destruction spec, and sacrificed my Imp to get Singe Magic to remove the shitty Curse Kanrethad keeps casting on you.

I macro'd the Pit Lord's fel breath to my Incinerate, so that he was always casting it on CD; it makes a big damage difference throughout the fight.

Every time Kan begins casting Cataclysm, don't Charge him right away. Enjoy a 7-second break with nothing else happening and DPS the fuck out of him. When you've got like 5 seconds left, start casting a Chaos Bolt on him, and then, with it just about to cast, hit Charge, and the Chaos Bolt should land for tons of damage. Immediately begin casting a second/third if possible. You want to nuke the fuck out of him while he has the debuff from Charge; extra damage!

Every time your Pit Lord is casting Fel Breath, try to run into it briefly. You won't take TONS of damage from a tick or two (and your talents should replenish it quickly anyway). The Fel Breath cleanses you of the Magic/Curses Kan hits you with. Use SInge Magic only to remove the awful, awful curses if you manage to miss removing one of those with Fel Breath. They're seriously bad enough to wipe you if they fully tick and take effect (vacuum void zones + interrupting imp). I wouldn't gamble and 'hope' you get the third effect, Backfire, which is an increase in your damage. But shit, if it happens, nuke the fuck out of Kan.

For imps, I Rain of Fire'd the portal as they were coming out, popped Soul Shatter, then F+Brimstone, Immolate + 2 incinerates, Rain of Fire, 1 incinerate, and they were usually dead. There are some macros people use to have your Pit Lord target you and use Fel Breath, such that if you position yourself on top of the imps, the Fel Breath will wipe out the Imps in one go. I tried it once and found it messy, but it might work for you!

For Fel Hunters, ensure you have as many Embers as possible, and keep the Pit Lord the FUCK away from them, period. As Kan begins running to the portal to even begin summoning them, I sent the Pit Lord behind a pillar on one side of the room, and Demonic Gate'd myself to the other side immediately. Rain of Fire on the portal, right as the first Fel Hunter pops out, Havoc it, then pop all your damage mitigation (I macro'd Sacrificial Pact, Unending Resolve, and Shadow Ward - yes, Shadow Ward! - to one macro - super convenient) which should perfectly shield you against the Fel Hunters until they're dead. Pop that Crit Buff + any other damage cooldowns you have and nuke the shit out of the second one that comes out. At this point, Kan is following your Pit Lord to the pillar far away, and you should be Rain of Fire'ing the portal again to grab the third Fel Hunter. It's practically a wipe if you let the Hunter break your Enslave. Resume nuking the second hunter, then the third. By killing Hunters 2 and 3 with about 4 Chaos Bolts and an Immolate, Hunter 1 should be dead as well.

Around this point, Kan is usually running back to the middle for a Cataclysm. Have your Pit Lord tail him so he doesn't get LoS'd behind the pillar and fail to Charge or whatever, but ensure you take the time during the Cataclysm cast to nuke once again, and time any other Chaos Bolts you have ready to go.

If you can survive and execute the imp phase, and the fel hunter phase, you can win this encounter. You just have to do the hunter phase twice, get imps down to a science (since after the second Doom Lord, it's only imp phases till the end).

One important note - when Kan begins summoning the first Doom Lord, deliberately dismiss your Pit Lord and immediately re-enslave it. Enslave has a max timer, and it'll break later during a critical phase if you don't do it now while nothing else is happening.

For Doom Lords - EZ mode - I had my Pit Lord tank them, and periodically banished one to ease up on the damage he was taking. You can Fear one in perpetuity as well. As long as you aren't taking 9+ minutes for the fight, the Pit Lord can probably survive this for a bit, and it's far easier to manage then remembering to re-banish and re-fear while other chaotic phases are happening.

Make sure there's a Demonic Teleport ready to whisk you away for the odd Chaos Bolt.

And remember, you have a sweet, full heal ready to go on a fairly low CD sitting on that Pit Lord toolbar! He has tons of health; it's safe to use it like 4-5 times in the fight. I used it plenty during shitty phase transitions.

Remember to use a Purification Pot if you make it to 7 minutes! For me, it always happened during Fel Hunter phase 2.

If you die with Kan at 20% or less, don't release or SS! Let your Pit Lord keep doing the fight, and keep using his abilities. You still have control of him. Fel Breath on CD, Charge periodically, etc. He can win the encounter for you! I wiped with like 5-10% left and took him down with the Pit Lord.

Good luck!

Magnus

puppies just broke pit lord when he was like on the stairs (i sent him miles away) with rainfire on the portal to aggro them... i dont...i dont... i give up (for now), my neck is killing me, this is like my hardcore raiding days

also, doomlord standing there near the portal (because i send the pit lord to him for aggro and take the portal to drop my aggro) fucks me over because later in the fight my rain of fire hits him and aggros him lol. or them when theres 2...sigh

There's a distance limit to Enslave, right? Maybe sending him too far is breaking it?

I deliberately sent him close by, but out of LoS, behind the pillar to the left of Kanrethad (while facing the portal), and them immediately Demonic Gate'd to the other side of the arena, RoF'd the portal and handled the puppies on the right side.

Tacitus_

Gear helps for getting past the difficult humps. It makes a nice difference if you're killing two puppies with one havoc and if the imps are dying as they come out so they never get to numbers big enough to threaten you.

Anoregon

I believe magnus already mentioned it, but macroing of pitlord abilities is also key. A macro that targets yourself, fel breaths, and then goes back to previous target is great for cleansing yourself of kanrethad's debuffs, and for imp stages you can utilize that just by standing on the imps so the breath its all of them as well.

Rhaknar

apreciate the help guys. might try that felbreath+incenerate macro

how would that work exactly?

Magnus

apreciate the help guys. might try that felbreath+incenerate macro

how would that work exactly?

I simply macro'd it and my Incinerate into one macro. Since Incinerate's the button you're mashing most, it ensures you're using Fel Breath on cooldown. It adds a lot of damage throughout the fight, apparently.

The idea of a separate macro to have the Pit Lord turn toward you and cast Fel Breath is a decent idea for dealing with imps; I found it a bit more than my brain could handle with all the extra shit happening. I preferred instead to simply run into his breath that he was already casting on Kan if I needed to cleanse myself of Magic/Curse. I had Incinerate talented to be castable while moving; was a must.

Rhaknar

I simply macro'd it and my Incinerate into one macro. Since Incinerate's the button you're mashing most, it ensures you're using Fel Breath on cooldown. It adds a lot of damage throughout the fight, apparently.

The idea of a separate macro to have the Pit Lord turn toward you and cast Fel Breath is a decent idea for dealing with imps; I found it a bit more than my brain could handle with all the extra shit happening. I preferred instead to simply run into his breath that he was already casting on Kan if I needed to cleanse myself of Magic/Curse. I had Incinerate talented to be castable while moving; was a must.

i meant what would the macro look like lol, im a nub

Kintaco

this is so fucking hard lol!

got to second puppy phase tho, messily but i did, thats progress!

edit: yeeeeeeeeeeah not to call shenanigans on those videos, but...that "you dont need gear" shit is bullshit

I got to 2 doomlords and he was only at 50%, no way I can do this with my gear tbh. and I take SO much more dmg than the dudes in the videos with the supposed shit gear, fucking pit lord breath to dispell me is like 24k a tic for example
That's how I feel as well about the videos but I'm looking at this HP and its fairly low. I just attribute it to me being a shitty warlock and I click way too much!

Kintaco

That incinerate/fel breath macro seems like a damn good one! That will definitely add to the damage, which is one of my problems. The other problems are just mechanical errors on my part however, those will be a lot harder to overcome.

After so long, I log in and what do I see in front of me?

A Minfernal just walking around. Caught it and finally finished that achievement for collecting all the companion pets everywhere.

Rhaknar

thanks for all the help guys but I give up, guess im just not good enough or am super rusty these days. but i just cba anymore. incenerate/fel breath macro helped a lot...except when the puppies come and i forget and i sick the pitlord on them from incinerate. I tried using a different key for just normal incenerate but I just forget during the chaos. Like i said, im just not that good I guess

oh well

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Doing Ashran testing has also reminded me of something. Blizzard's default nameplates are awful. They're hard to click, they're too small, and they don't do a good job of highlighting what you have targetted. They also don't show spell effects or anything like it.

They're about as half-assed as it gets. Literally any mod is better. It's weird that they would take so much from mods to improvoe the default UI but not this. The thing that I would say is most 'unplayable'

thanks for all the help guys but I give up, guess im just not good enough or am super rusty these days. but i just cba anymore. incenerate/fel breath macro helped a lot...except when the puppies come and i forget and i sick the pitlord on them from incinerate. I tried using a different key for just normal incenerate but I just forget during the chaos. Like i said, im just not that good I guess

oh well

Can a personal friend who has done it do it for you?

TheYanger

Which one do you like more, Icecrown or Storm Peaks? I'm skipping Sholazar Basin for 76-78 and doing dungeons instead

I'm also considering skipping the Cataclysm content and doing 80-85 via dungeons while also focusing on leveling my professions

I like Storm Peaks better for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom