• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
CAN'T DECIDE ON AN ALLY WARLOCK RAC AAAAAAAH.

It'll probably be human.

Dwarves
wowscrnshot_081814_1376suz.jpg
Unique and awesome

mileS

Human Warlock here since 2004. Not changing it what so ever.

Also i see soooo many destro locks these day yes i want my green fire also but i do like Demonology because i can change in a freaking demon! At the moment i will stay demo because well i love it.

least you get a green demon! Demo is really confusing to me as a fairly new 90 lock.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just getting back in to the game from a year off. Is this set the WOD pvp set?

Seemingly. There's a couple plate sets, but I'm assuming this is the warrior one based off its similarity to the PVE tier. The Ally version has blue where the red is.

When you make a 100 plate user on the 100 PVP server you get a mish mash of this gear and another set

Nokterian

least you get a green demon! Demo is really confusing to me as a fairly new 90 lock.

It isn't that hard really. Apply Corruption drop Hand of Gul'Dan 2 times and everytime it refreshes,do shadow bolt after that you get Molten Core and that can stack 10 times so a lot of Soulfire when you are at full demon fury then metamorphosis to your demon form apply Doom on the target (most useful during a boss fight) spam Chaos Bolt and Soulfire, Cenarion Swarm after that rinse and repeat. Don't forget to lifetap also!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Remember, the default settings for screenshot format and quality are not a good option if you want good looking images. After patch 2.1.0, the default format is JPEG, and if you want to change it back to TGA, do the following:

Insert in Config.wtf the following line:

SET screenshotformat "TGA"

The default quality setting is 3, change it via inserting the following:

SET screenshotQuality "q" (0-10

You can also change these settings via the in-game console, then you don't have to write SET. This can be handy if you for some reason want to change the format on the go without having to edit the config file.

I took some comparison shots, note that they are in PNG format as I didn't wanna compress the JPEG files further, and the TGA converted to PNG as it cannot be displayed here directly as far as I know:

JPEG format, quality 0

TGA format, quality 10

JPEG format, quality 0

TGA format, quality 10

GIMP supports TGA if you want to use this format and convert it, so you don't need Photoshop for it. Otherwise you can probably find some online converter. If you don't want to use TGA, at least you can increase the quality setting to max.

Why PNG is no longer supported I don't know. Anyway, just wanted to bring up this topic, again, as I saw some poorly compressed screenshots.

Human Warlock here since 2004. Not changing it what so ever.

Also i see soooo many destro locks these day yes i want my green fire also but i do like Demonology because i can change in a freaking demon! At the moment i will stay demo because well i love it.

Affliction human female Warlock since beta, with the exception of a brief stint as a blood elf when all my friends went Horde. Back human, though, and loving it. I'd do Demo if there was a female demon form, sadly not yet. =/

Ultratech

Got Loremaster of Pandaria done the other day.

It actually wasn't too bad. I already had half of it done ages ago when I first leveled my Hunter through all that mess.
So I only really had Kun-Lai, the Valley, and Krasarang.

Surprisingly, Krasarang isn't all that long.
But doing it right after doing the Valley is pretty awesome when it leads you back to Stoneplow for the Mantid Invasion.
And killing a TITANIC bug by punching it to death from the inside was pretty awesome.
I just ran through Tempest Keep with a nice guy from my guild and picked up a lot of purple (epics?) items

Are these worth anything on the auction house to guys that want better gear for leveling, or should I just sell them to a vendor?

Are they BoE (Bind on Equip)?

You may be able to get some decent money on the AH for them if they're particularly rare.

Mulberry

I doubt it, but I really hope Gladiator stance is PVE viable. It's the most fun I've ever had with a warrior.
I really want to try this out but I can only think that gladiator stance will be useless for anything but soloing, and in that case, why not go all the way into fury/arms?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I really want to try this out but I can only think that gladiator stance will be useless for anything but soloing, and in that case, why not go all the way into fury/arms?

The intent is for it to actually be a viable DPS spec for raids and shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It's mostly a PVP talent and for things like soloing content for tanks to make it quicker. One of the guys was saying he was doing 75% under average dps as Gladiator in the beta, so it's possible to get up there. The damage is definitely good in a PVP environment.

I wish it was a 90 talent instead of 100. I would love to have Gladiator + Ravager. Those are my two favorite talents so far in WoD.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
JP and Valor are gone in WoD

Honor and Conquest definitely are not going away, just to clarify a misconception - you'll still be earning those currencies through PvP and using them to buy your PvP gear.

What will be going away is Justice and Valor. Over time, they've moved away from their original purpose, and given how widely available they'd become (awarded from quests, scenarios, dungeons, raids, etc.), we'd rather return to the original universal currency: gold. The final values aren't hooked up yet, but the old Valor rewards for completing your daily random dungeon or an LFR wing will be replaced with a hefty sum of gold, which should make something like the gold turn-in for a bonus roll seem far more attainable even for players who currently don't have much gold.

That said, the feedback/suggestion of allowing repeat turn-ins definitely has merit, and it's something we'll discuss and consider.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that players should expect to see a vendor with a full set of endgame gear for gold as a one-to-one replacement for the Valor vendors from Mists. For the initial Warlords content, Apexis Crystals will largely fill that role, and you can see most of that structure already in place in the Beta today.

But when it comes to heirlooms, old legacy gear, elements of garrison progression, or something like the Seal of Tempered Fate turn-in that was the original topic of the thread, gold can work just fine as a universal currency. We want to offer more ways of earning gold that don't rely on repetitive activities (killing fast-respawning mobs in a field somewhere) or playing the Auction House, so that a gold cost like the weekly Seal turn-in feels fair and accessible to the average player through the natural course of play.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have a new thing to hate now with less Fears and other CCs

these fucking paladins and their fucking hand of justice. Does a stun really need to be that long?

M.D

Got Loremaster of Pandaria done the other day.

It actually wasn't too bad. I already had half of it done ages ago when I first leveled my Hunter through all that mess.
So I only really had Kun-Lai, the Valley, and Krasarang.

Surprisingly, Krasarang isn't all that long.
But doing it right after doing the Valley is pretty awesome when it leads you back to Stoneplow for the Mantid Invasion.
And killing a TITANIC bug by punching it to death from the inside was pretty awesome.

Are they BoE (Bind on Equip)?

You may be able to get some decent money on the AH for them if they're particularly rare.

Most were soulbound so I sold them to a vendor
The ones that were not aren't worth a lot

No mount :(

Quick question about JC - can you start making gold by cutting gems at 300, or is the profit mostly at the highest levels?

th3dude

So I have a Pally that has almost max level on Blacksmithing and Mining.

I'm about to boost a DK to 90 from 60. Are there any obvious professions I should target for him?

Nokterian

Affliction human female Warlock since beta, with the exception of a brief stint as a blood elf when all my friends went Horde. Back human, though, and loving it. I'd do Demo if there was a female demon form, sadly not yet. =/

I like affliction but to maintain the constant eye of those dots makes me tired to be honest.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you don't have one already I recommend Jewelcrafting.

Tailoring is also surprisingly handy for all classes to have despite what you'd think. I wouldn't waste it on something easy like inscription.

Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Engineering are also choices I can recommend.

bakeray

So how do I get the most bang for my buck if I want to renew? They just sent me Pandas for free, is there any scroll of resurrection or refer a friend bonus out there still? or anything like it?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So if they're doing huncless Orcs, can I get hop-less Female Nelves as an option? I've been playing one as a warrior in Beta, and there's something really jarring about this figure in full plate, warrior trained woman who suddenly decides she needs to hop up and down for no reason.

course I'm still pissed the fangs got nerfed.

Kraftwerk

Hit 2100 in Rated Battlegounds. Havent had this much fun in a while. Gonna push for 2400 before Xpac. The transmog set is sweet, already using it. Would be nice to get some Warlord/High Warlord titles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yep, just got kicked myself.

Apparently they gave out a shit ton of beta keys over twitch and the likes, so that's probably why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom