• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Entropia

No One Remembers
PSA: get into a fishing group now.

New loot system lets everyone loot every Murloc summon guy. You can get a shitload of coins and both turtle mounts pretty fast.

My buddy was doing this the other day.

Sadly my fishing skill isn't capped, and getting the level 3 fishing hut seems like a real time killer

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've been feeling the pull with the release of the patch. I played the game like it was my job for the first 5 years of the game, quit for many years and now I come back for a couple of months here and there. I really wish it would go F2P (although it has no reason to, I know), it's a game I'd love to play very casually after playing it so hardcore back in the day, but paying £10/month just feels wrong if I were to play it so little.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Love the new mog system.

Best set
p1jpH7o.png

Lomax

PSA: get into a fishing group now.

New loot system lets everyone loot every Murloc summon guy. You can get a shitload of coins and both turtle mounts pretty fast.

Well damn, I hope they don't nerf that but you know they will. Hotfix taking the turtle mounts off his loot table incoming no doubt.

carlsojo

They should reduce the gold cost for upgrading to garrison level 3 since they are basically obsolete now. 5k basically is how much you make 90 to 100.

Fishing groups are legit. Got my Riding Turtle in like a half hour - which was the only one left I needed. Saw probably 5-6 other people get one in that timeframe too. A few got the Sea Turtle as well.

Still fishing for easy coins though, need two books for my DH's fishing, and maybe the pets.

Lomax

They should reduce the gold cost for upgrading to garrison level 3 since they are basically obsolete now. 5k basically is how much you make 90 to 100.

Yeah it's obnoxious that they were so thorough with the nerfs but didn't change costs at all. Everything should cost nothing but resources now. Garrisons were a massive gold sink to set up and now you'll never get that back.

Fishing groups are legit. Got my Riding Turtle in like a half hour - which was the only one left I needed. Saw probably 5-6 other people get one in that timeframe too. A few got the Sea Turtle as well.

Still fishing for easy coins though, need two books for my DH's fishing, and maybe the pets.

Are the books farmed or do you need to buy them with coins?

Jag

Got both turtles in a 40 man in about 15min. You can trade them to other raid members too.

There are no differences between pet species/types. With the removal of raid buffs it's a purely aesthetic choice, and any pet can be any of the three pet specs. Maybe Exotic beasts still have their unique stuff? I'm not sure.

Sadly mortal strike pet debuff is still a thing so PVP pets will be pretty static unless you play with a war/monk.

Jag

Holy shit just read that the same 40 man drop trick works with the Alani mount. That is going to be hot fixed fast.

pls respond

So this is kind of a shitpost but I'll indulge you. Just know that there's plenty of dev blogs/roundups on the likes of Wowhead, MMO-Champion, etc. that cover all the new features/changes.

---

Legion is shaping up to generally be a vast improvement over Warlords. If you didn't raid in WoD, you probably found the end-game content to be lacking and you'd be right. This is alleviated in Legion with the introduction of few systems, primary one being the world quest system which ensures there's always something actively worth doing that will progress your character in some way (be it artifact power, gold, gear, etc.) when you login. The other main thing for non-raiders is high-end dungeon content in the form of Mythic+ dungeons which function similar to pushing greater rifts in Diablo 3. Mythic+ difficulty increases the higher you advance, mixed with different combinations of affixes each week that throw twists in the gameplay (e.g. one affix is players taking constant damage over time during the dungeon). This is besides the leveling zones being top-notch, along with the 110-only zone of Suramar which has its own expansive story. And of course raids and PvP as usual.

---

As for PvP there's a new revamped honor/prestige system (cosmetic rewards for prestiging like in Call of Duty) with PvP only talents/abilities. Gear also now matters very little since in instanced PvP combat players are scaled to a set power level with your iLvl only increasing damage/healing by a marginal percent comparative to previous expansions. Though you can still get gear through PvP, just rewarded from crates for winning BGs and Skirmishes with RBGs and ranked Arena giving higher iLvl stuff. Besides that, there's two new arenas and they've nixed the underplayed 5v5 bracket. There's also the Dalaran Underbelly which can be converted at times to be a FFA PvP zone with a few rewards involved.

---

Fire mages are good right now, the other 2 specs are under-performing without artifact weapons in the pre-patch. People generally think that Fire is the most fun though at the moment in beta. Both DPS specs of DK are fairly strong, though Unholy is probably better, were I continuing to main my DK into Legion I'd probably stick with Unholy (even if I prefer the fantasy of Frost more). Simplified with the prune, but still pretty fun mechanically. Blood I haven't looked into that much, but I haven't heard too much in the way of complaints.

Tenebrous

I'm going nuts over the illusion xmogs. It's really fun to try to collect em all

In a way, it's kind of a shame how easy they are to all get. Only reason I don't have them all is because I've only one Shaman to farm with, and I can't be bothered with ICC for the DK one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tried a bit of BM, seemed cool but...imediatly went back to Survival. Sorry Data ;_;

I am just really into Survival lol

Sure, I mean all of the gold costs for garrisons plan and construction costs should probably be reduced now that there's no direct gold gain from them but it's just pointless to invest in a garrison at this point anyways. Legion gold gain might make going back and leveling a garrison a complete joke but they probably don't want people sitting in those things in Legion.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Speaking of gold gain, did Blizzard do anything in Legion to somehow get gold easily like Garrisons, or do i have to start worrying about paying my sub with real money in a year? :p

Sorry for the noob question: if you loot something you can equip, it automatically becomes part of your wardrobe for transmog (or maybe you need to equip it)? Then, you can do whatever you want with it, but even if you delete it, it stays in your wardrobe?

Tenebrous

Speaking of gold gain, did Blizzard do anything in Legion to somehow get gold easily like Garrisons, or do i have to start worrying about paying my sub with real money in a year? :p

There's nothing THAT easy, but you should be able to cover the cheap cost of a US subscription just by playing the game.

Nice, it looks like they added a few understated but decent looking transmogs to low level crafting professions. Noticed at least one set appearance so far in low-level (Light/Cured Hide) Leather Working.

I just got Riding Turtle and Sea Turtle

IN THE SAME LOOT

On one hand it's a little annoying when stuff like this happens because it devalues the rarity of specific mounts but on the other hand I'm finishing up my level 3 shack requirements so I can get in on this and get the epic turtle. I already have the rare turtle from fishing on my own a couple years ago.

Collecting mogs has been my favourite thing to do in WoW since Cata, and now it's even better. Thank Blizz! <3

Also, Winter's Grasp is an amazing illusion.

Wish there was a way I could play for like a day without committing to a whole month just in case I don't end up getting into the patch. The demo lock changes sound very interesting compared to when I last played, which was still the first raid tier. Maybe they'll offer a 7 day trial someday I can jump on.

ampere

I just got Riding Turtle and Sea Turtle

IN THE SAME LOOT

breh

I already had Sea Turtle, but I did get my Riding Turtle after about an hour in one of those groups

What's this about fishing raid? o-o

If you fish in your garrison (I think it requires level 3 fishing shack) you have a chance to get a minnow, and if you throw it in the water it spawns a murloc thing that can drop the Sea Turtle and TCG Riding Turtle mounts. With the new personal loot system changes everyone gets to loot one, so people are making 40 man raids and thus it's much easier to get both mounts since they're a 1% drop or something

Top Bottom