• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

You have to mail them to an alt with that armor class and have them equip it. It's annoying that it doesn't indicate if you have the piece unlocked yet

It's Thok, the Siege of Orgrimmar boss
Get Can I Mog It. It keeps track of what you've learned across characters.

Tarazet

Took a little less than two hours for a Riding Turtle. Actually already had the Sea Turtle lol.

Nice for coins.

When I started I had around 60 coins. In about 4 hours in a 40 man raid, I got the epic turtle, earned the Water Strider mount, and farmed enough to get a Land Shark pet.. plus I got a bunch of level 1 white items that sell for a ton like Wedding Bands and Monocles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am surprised to see people talking positively about the new Unholy. It's not bad, but it feels extremely boring compared to its WoD counterpart. Death Coil was the least satisfying spell to cast in WoD but at least it built Dark Transformation so it had some kind of meta to it. Now it's just a crappy filler spell.

And the new animations look tame compared to some of the other melee classes. I'd say Frost looks cooler from a core gameplay perspective from what I messed with so far. Though there is some fun flavor stuff with Unholy's artifact

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Maybe its just playing various other games in the last few years while simultaneously being away from wow and getting used to fewer skills, but like I said for unholu, Survival is starting to feel bloated.

Off the top of my head theres:

Raptor strike
Mongoose
The one where you and the pet hit
Axes (if you spec into it)
Crows dot (if you spec into it)
The bleed dot (Lacerate?)
Explosive Trap
Interrupt

Im lvl 57. Looking at the trees later on there is still the grenade dot if you spec into it (but I suspect ill get the poison passive) and the snake turret in the last tier (again if you spec into it).

Yes I know we used to have tripple the spells, and maybe its because allbthe content so far while lvling dies so fast you barely have time to use your skills and youre left wondering why you have so many,

Or maybe im just used to played locks and going "shadowbolt, dot dot, spam shadowbolt" over the years :3

It might also be time to finally invest into some UI mods, Ive always used the default but now its really bothering me how much to...the left it is. I want a neatblittle centered ui with all my skills.

Level boosted my mage that I had sitting around.
... How do I play a mage?

Jokes aside that is actually one of the big reasons im a big proponent that you should level classes from thebstart to familiarise yourself with it

Tenebrous

Jokes aside that is actually one of the big reasons im a big proponent that you should level classes from thebstart to familiarise yourself with it

Leveling once is enough. After that, 5 minutes of looking through the spellbook & 5 minutes looking on Icy Veins will teach you more than the 1-100 grind will.

There's no way my WAlled City queue should be this long

Yeah queues are taking ages for me, despite being either tank or healer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I keep using tar trap on groups before explosive trap, because it should do more dmg damn it ;_;

I dont think tar is actually flammable lol

biaxident

Maybe its just playing various other games in the last few years while simultaneously being away from wow and getting used to fewer skills, but like I said for unholu, Survival is starting to feel bloated.

Off the top of my head theres:

Raptor strike
Mongoose
The one where you and the pet hit
Axes (if you spec into it)
Crows dot (if you spec into it)
The bleed dot (Lacerate?)
Explosive Trap
Interrupt

Im lvl 57. Looking at the trees later on there is still the grenade dot if you spec into it (but I suspect ill get the poison passive) and the snake turret in the last tier (again if you spec into it).

Yes I know we used to have tripple the spells, and maybe its because allbthe content so far while lvling dies so fast you barely have time to use your skills and youre left wondering why you have so many,

Or maybe im just used to played locks and going "shadowbolt, dot dot, spam shadowbolt" over the years :3

It might also be time to finally invest into some UI mods, Ive always used the default but now its really bothering me how much to...the left it is. I want a neatblittle centered ui with all my skills.

One of the good things with the talent system is you can either dumb the spec down and take a bunch of passives, or make it more active and complex if you choose to. Talents really only matter for raiding where you need that extra .6% dps, just do what's fun for you.

Rhaknar

But if I pick snake turret instead of explosive trap buff dimb will yell at me :(

Riding Turtle acquired! Only took 6 hours but the turtle set is finally complete.

JzGUlB2.jpg

Only need 11 more coins for the Crimson Water Strider and my fishing time is over.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hope I can get the Rockbiter illusion before Legion launches. It's one of the few I would actually use but I can only try to get it on one character

Any way to make my main bar page to my stealth bar (bar 7 for me) when shadow dance is active using bartender?

EaTzUxK.jpg

I'm hoping that I can write something in the 'Custom Conditionals' section that would make this happen... Obviously I also need it to page to the stealth bar when I'm in regular stealth or vanish too.

Tenebrous

After pvp'ing all day on my boosted mage I now have six marks of honor.
This could take a while.

Glad I stocked up on all the good shit before the new system went live.

Although I've read that AV is currently a lot of fun... Might have to give it a shot!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
kind of sad that Auctioneer Suite has yet to be updated. had a lot of useful tools in there. supposedly they're working on it, so hopefully it comes out for Legion.

Rhaknar

Whats a good simple UI mod for someone who never used UI mods?

ampere

Unholy seems like a very basic rotation, does their artifact add any cool gameplay or this this basically it?

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/death-knight/unholy/AkIhIQA

New short (90s) CD, Double Sudden Doom procs

Tier 19
2 pieces (Unholy) : Causing a Festering Wound to burst has a 10% chance to activate Runic Corruption.
4 pieces (Unholy) : Death Coil has a 50% chance to cause a Festering Wound to burst.

Speeds up gameplay a bit

Other than that, maybe an interesting legendary item. Maybe talents can increase the complexity if you seek it?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whirling Dragon Punch

not uh... Not as cool looking as I had hoped.

Chi orbit looks fucking awesome though. Like my Shaman is looking at that shit with green in his eyes.

Tubie

I've been soloing MoP bosses since Sha Crystals are selling for over 250g each in my server for some reason.

Each boss kill is worth 1500-2000 gold :)

Rhaknar

Unsure what to do with my hunter at 60. I ciuld get the 2 profs, use the 100 boost and not worry about her anymore until Legion.

But im still enjoying playing her very much so I feel like thats a waste of a boost. I dont dread lvling in the 70s and 80s with her because I still want to play more of it.

Another thing im wondering is if I should maybe leave her at 60 for a bit while I put my 92 DK at 100. My reasoning is if I reach 90 with the hunter and then do WoD content, and imediatly do WoD content again on the DK after, it will burn me out (especially since I already did the wod stuff days ago when I got the lock to 100), if I park the hunter for a few days while I work on the DK, I would still have BC / Wrath / Cata / MoP areas to go through before I had to tackle WoD zones again.

WoW first world problems I know

biaxident

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc/death-knight/unholy/AkIhIQA

New short (90s) CD, Double Sudden Doom procs

Tier 19
2 pieces (Unholy) : Causing a Festering Wound to burst has a 10% chance to activate Runic Corruption.
4 pieces (Unholy) : Death Coil has a 50% chance to cause a Festering Wound to burst.

Speeds up gameplay a bit

Other than that, maybe an interesting legendary item. Maybe talents can increase the complexity if you seek it?

Hmm. Frost's artifact is basically all passive buffs, unholy adds a few cd's and more frequent procs. Right now there's more down time as unholy. Probably leaning towards frost but looks like unholy got the better artifact, from an engaging game play standpoint.

Tarazet

I was doing dungeons to get my Troll Warrior to 60 for the boost. Found a group that was chaining BRD Detention Block, porting to the Grim Guzzler and just killing Incendius and Fineous. Then I suddenly hit instance cap and I couldn't zone in.

Sucks. I couldn't even figure out how to track the cooldown.

Tenebrous

That's BRD, not UBRS.

I'm currently farming every piece of Warrior transmog gear from every single dungeon... Not looking forward to LBRS/BRD.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm not sure if the Grim Guzzler port trick is even worth it after the changes to EXP gains. Don't actually know though.

Tarazet

I'm not sure if the Grim Guzzler port trick is even worth it after the changes to EXP gains. Don't actually know though.

I was getting about 1/4 of a level from killing the two bosses, but hitting the instance cap wasn't good. I might just specific queue for anything other than BRD.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This wardrobe collecting deal really triggers the obsessive part of my brain, and I really can't be playing WoW that way anymore

Rhaknar

This wardrobe collecting deal really triggers the obsessive part of my brain, and I really can't be playing WoW that way anymore

Think of it this way, most of it looks like shit

biaxident

Finally tried disc out in a heroic, was easy and fun until 3 packs got pulled and my targets kept dying so penance would get like 1 tick off only. Main thing I notice is just really pay more attention to the enemy mobs so I have something to hit. Made every atonement buffer a mouseover which makes it pretty simple for keeping atonements rolling. Good stuff.

Top Bottom