• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Ok, I know what it was, I have two different active accounts and I was playing on the expired one. Lol great, am I able to move my character from one account to the other or merge the two? Despite it not taking long to reach that level again, its not really something I want to do

Ok, I know what it was, I have two different active accounts and I was playing on the expired one. Lol great, am I able to move my character from one account to the other or merge the two? Despite it not taking long to reach that level again, its not really something I want to do

You can't really merge accounts as such. You could transfer a character between accounts in the same name, but that would cost $25 and is entirely not worth the cost for a level 20-something character whose progress can be regained in a matter of minutes/hours (there is literally nothing you can do on a level 20 character that cannot be replicated easily). If you ask CS they might be nice and do it for you for free in this case, but I wouldn't be too optimistic about that.

It's really only worth it/efficient to transfer characters to different servers/accounts if the character is around level 90 or higher with boosts to 100 being priced at $60.

----------

And Serenity with that 7/10 Botanist kill.

You can't really merge accounts as such. You could transfer a character between accounts in the same name, but that would cost $25 and is entirely not worth the cost for a level 20-something character whose progress can be regained in a matter of minutes/hours.

It's really only worth it/efficient to transfer characters to different servers/accounts if the character is around level 90 or higher with boosts to 100 being priced at $60.

That's incredibly irritating...I sent Blizzard a ticket about it asking if they'd be able to do it and close the original account but I guess they won't if they can get money out of it.

That's incredibly irritating...I sent Blizzard a ticket about it asking if they'd be able to do it and close the original account but I guess they won't if they can get money out of it.

To be fair, this is not a problem most people would encounter as a new player, since there's no reason for a new player to have multiple accounts (I"m not sure how you did that really and didn't realize which account you were playing on vs. which one you paid for.)

Again, they might be generous in this case, but I don't know for sure what they'll say. They're probably more interested in keeping your continued business than pissing you off, but as I said already, the time investment on a level 20-something character is not very high if they refrain from doing anything.

It's not really a profit thing either, transfer price is meant to be a deterrent from abusing the system.

To be fair, this is not a problem most people would encounter as a new player, since there's no reason for a new player to have multiple accounts (I"m not sure how you did that really and didn't realize which account you were playing on vs. which one you paid for.)

Again, they might be generous in this case, but I don't know for sure what they'll say. They're probably more interested in keeping your continued business than pissing you off, but as I said already, the time investment on a level 20-something character is not very high if they refrain from doing anything.

It's not really a profit thing either, transfer price is meant to be a deterrent from abusing the system.

I guess I had a code in 2014 that I activated from Diablo 3, then my girlfriend on top of that bought me the game. Though the cards you get with Diablo 3 are trials (or so i assumed) but I never ended up playing it.

Tacitus_

They can do it - and might do it, if you ask nicely enough and get a GM who's feeling charitable. But for a starter account it's not really worth it. It's more for people who have a longer history and applied their expansion CD key or play time to the wrong account.

They'll probably just say that they're very sorry this happened and not do anything. Maybe give you a day of free play time or something if you get lucky.

lord quas

Seriously... Levelling my new rogue without looms in Hellfire Peninsula is an eye-opener. I just killed 4 terrorfiends for a quest, and now I have to go back to kill another 10 terrorfiends for a different quest. I have to go Nethergarde Keep in the Blasted Lands to buy some guy Nethergarde Bitter. And the grinding... my god, the grinding.

I'm so glad the quest design is improved upon. I forgot how bad it was, but yeah... it's pretty bad.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Seriously... Levelling my new rogue without looms in Hellfire Peninsula is an eye-opener. I just killed 4 terrorfiends for a quest, and now I have to go back to kill another 10 terrorfiends for a different quest. I have to go Nethergarde Keep in the Blasted Lands to buy some guy Nethergarde Bitter. And the grinding... my god, the grinding.

I'm so glad the quest design is improved upon. I forgot how bad it was, but yeah... it's pretty bad.

Between the spaced out mobs, the hideous drop rates for some quests, PVP 110 ganks on the quest givers, and the issues you mentioned, I honestly just straight dungeon queue through most, if not all, of BC content.

For sure Hellfire, though.

lord quas

Between the spaced out mobs, the hideous drop rates for some quests, PVP 110 ganks on the quest givers, and the issues you mentioned, I honestly just straight dungeon queue through most, if not all, of BC content.

For sure Hellfire, though.

That is what I usually do, but I thought "maybe I'll just only quest while leveling". I'll just have to put up with it though, stopping now feels like I'm a failure :(

Tacitus_

Oh how we cried in joy for how good the questing in TBC was when it came out. I remember how it was in vanilla

COv1dvN.png

and this is the optimized version of that zone

Moff

It's weird but I really enjoy leveling a zone for the very first time, the sense of wonder and exploration is always there. I always enjoy that a lot in a new expansion.

A second time, though? Impossible, it's so boring and bad. I never leveled a second character to max level. I never got an alt above 30, ever.

Legion is the first time I have 2 max level characters, and that's only because the demon hunter starts at 100 and I leveled a lot in dungeons.

lord quas

Oh how we cried in joy for how good the questing in TBC was when it came out. I remember how it was in vanilla

COv1dvN.png

That's Desolace, right? I'd love to see a similar map for, say, Hellfire... I think it would be only slightly less worse ;p

But yeah, the groundwork is definitely there. The "bombing from the sky"-quests would become a staple for WoW.. I remember doing that for the first time when TBC came out, it was absolutely mind-blowing

Lain

The good old days of going half way through the barrens to complete a quest and coming back to the quest giver, only to be sent back again, and again, and again.

TheYanger

I ended up just making a clone of my original character, hopefully it'll only take me 3-4 hours to get back to where I was.

Honestly, my luck with blizzard CS is very good. I've done all kinds of shit like that with wrong accounts, they've helped every single time. It's really quite easy for them to see that you bought a new account and then started playing on the old starter account instead.

Honestly, my luck with blizzard CS is very good. I've done all kinds of shit like that with wrong accounts, they've helped every single time. It's really quite easy for them to see that you bought a new account and then started playing on the old starter account instead.

Yeah, they have amazing CS.

What kind of ticket should I file to explain that? I guess I might as well merge the two, but I've already made a clone that's level 10. But it would be convenient to have 1 rather than 2 account

TheYanger

What kind of ticket should I file to explain that? I guess I might as well merge the two, but I've already made a clone that's level 10. But it would be convenient to have 1 rather than 2 account

I would open a ticket under Account>Not listed here, and just write out an explanation of what happened, that or 'remove unwanted starter edition' and they'll remove the starter account (which is what they're going to end up doing anyway) and you'll simply want them to also transfer the character. Either of those options should work if you just write it out clearly.

Something like "Hello! a friend wanted me to play wow so I bought the game and created a character and we've been levelling together and having fun, but I now realize that I'm playing on a starter account I created years ago instead of my new paid for account. I'm very attached to the progress we've made together and I'm hoping you can help me with this situation :( I really don't want to lose the character and I have a paid account I haven't really been using as you can see. Any help would be hugely appreciated."

Yes, I use emojis in my tickets, screw the haters. I mean, not saying to just copy paste that but that's close to what I would write, maybe a bit more detailed. I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't help you with something like that.

I would open a ticket under Account>Not listed here, and just write out an explanation of what happened, that or 'remove unwanted starter edition' and they'll remove the starter account (which is what they're going to end up doing anyway) and you'll simply want them to also transfer the character. Either of those options should work if you just write it out clearly.

Something like "Hello! a friend wanted me to play wow so I bought the game and created a character and we've been levelling together and having fun, but I now realize that I'm playing on a starter account I created years ago instead of my new paid for account. I'm very attached to the progress we've made together and I'm hoping you can help me with this situation :( I really don't want to lose the character and I have a paid account I haven't really been using as you can see. Any help would be hugely appreciated."

Yes, I use emojis in my tickets, screw the haters. I mean, not saying to just copy paste that but that's close to what I would write, maybe a bit more detailed. I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't help you with something like that.

Thank you! I did something similar and I hope they're able to help out. I also ended up joining a really cool guild so I'm super happy about that too.

v1perz53

I finally got that 940 legendary! ...on my alt Paladin hah. Though it is kind of nice, I got Chain of Thrayn (the one that boosts wings damage/healing and was nerfed recently), which is considered one of the top for all three specs. Mainly play prot, but it is always nice when legendaries can be useful for multiple specs if you play them.

Still no 3rd legendary on my druid though, despite doing 37 Mythic and M+ runs since reset to try and finally get one (on top of LFR/emissaries/etc)

Ark

Got the Magistrike Bracers on my lock last night from my weekly chest. Glad I didn't have to wait long for my first legendary on that character, considering I hit 110 on it less than a week ago. Curious to see how long it'll be before I get my second, I've rerolled to Warlock so hopefully it won't be too long.

Managed to get the guild to boost me through NH normal too. No set pieces, but I jumped up 20 ilvls to 867 and I don't even have my third relic yet :p

CassSept

COv1dvN.png

Hey, at least these quests here were limited to one zone, no going from Un'goro Crater to Winterspring to kill one mob, or delivering letter from Stranglethorn to a remote location in Azshara, back when travel took way longer than it does now.

Desolace was indeed terrible though, one of the worst zones. And these stupid centaur factions that remained unfinished forever :(

strafer

TBC questing could really use the automatic turn in...because like you said it's a lot of running back and forth.

Entropia

No One Remembers

COv1dvN.png

Christ, it took me way too long to recognize what zone that was.

Desolace was pretty trash, which sucks because Rexxar was just like... wandering around there. :(

Mupod

I didn't realize there was one last step to the Balance of Power questline so I didn't turn in my nightshards before Gul'dan. Fuck. One more week until my +15 keystone skin I guess. Have I mentioned how dumb it is to lock the cosmetic reward for a 5-man accomplishment behind raiding time gates?

Sitting at 3 pieces of the DK set, hopefully next week I either continue to get lucky with bonus rolls or the loot council sees the light. Even without 4pc I did great running a Breath of Sindragosa build, I was #1 on a lot of our fights and close to the top on the rest. Skorpyron padders are filthy.

But yeah I'm really enjoying this build. Despite what everyone says it's not at all hard to play, you just need to know the fight and when to use BoS.

Jag

Neat. Wonder if it's worth selling or keeping.

Ended up using them. Probably end up getting an upgrade next week or something, hah.

The felglass might be better to sell individually since this can only be used by engineers. It would suck to craft it and not be able to sell.

Tarazet

This game worth getting into in 2017?

I got into it in 2011, when there were 3 fewer expansions. I had played SW:TOR before so I had some flavor of how MMO's played. It was still overwhelming to the point of my head exploding, and it basically took someone shepherding me for a year to get me up to speed. But at this point, I don't think I'll ever let it go.

Godan

Anyone ever have a problem with turning in the Fate of the nightborne quest?

When i go into it i get a timer to get kicked out the instance then even if i manage to get back that i cant turn in the quest.

Edit: Weird seemed to have fixed itself after me trying many time to get it to work.

mclem

I'd be interested in hearing discussion on this, since it's a source of some debate in the guild.

3-minute DPS cooldowns on Tichondrius. Better to use them three times (Start, and then on cooldown), but never coinciding properly with the Essence of Night buff, or just twice (Start and after second Night phase), but you'll have the Essence up for the second?

(Heroism plans also factor into those)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So I got Draught of Souls (880) last night. I am an Arms Warrior.

.....there's no way this doesn't get nerfed, right?

probably will get a 10-30% nerf when the tank trinket adjustments come down in a few weeks

However, remember that the 3s GCD hits warriors the hardest because of opportunity cost. While it does a shit ton, battle cry only lasts 5-7s, and you could be utilizing those globals for other hard hitting abilities.

Bizazedo

probably will get a 10-30% nerf when the tank trinket adjustments come down in a few weeks

However, remember that the 3s GCD hits warriors the hardest because of opportunity cost. While it does a shit ton, battle cry only lasts 5-7s, and you could be utilizing those globals for other hard hitting abilities.

Agreed. The biggest drawback is rage generation as well during those three seconds.

Still....wow.

v1perz53

I have my eyes on the icon of rot from tichondrius

edit: apparently it sucks ;(

Yea, our hunter has it, and the issue with it is that it shoots a line based on your character's facing not your target. So if you are even slightly turned, or moving, or the boss is moving it totally misses and hits nothing. He said it was so easy to miss with the proc that his 895 version wasn't even worth using. Unfortunate I guess.

Mupod

so I got a 900 socketed Terrorbound Nexus from my Mythic cache this week, and while it's worthless for DPS it's pretty sweet as a tank. It's that weird one that puts out a shadow wave in four directions, and then returns to you. On regular sized Teeming pulls in mythic+ it was sometimes doing 25% of my damage or more, it was averaging 11% of my damage over the night. Haven't tried it in Karazhan where the real big pulls are but I'd imagine it's crazy good.

Still wish it could've been a Horn of Valor...

Milennia

have raid soon, man being a mage in 7.1.5 HC progress race is so much fun.

you kinda just say hi to everyone outside the instance as they walk in and set up a lawn chair.

biaxident

After getting stuck on spellblade last week, We downed her 2nd try this week, then stomped krosus. Funny thing is for tier distribution, My shadow priest tier power is behind DH's and locks, so I figured it would take a while to get tier, but good ole Krosus drops 3 of my tier tokens so snagged the 3rd one lol. Still can't believe my tier cloak has versatility as the main secondary, such trash :(. Just sucks since I hit 12k haste (with salad buff), 63% mastery, and 4k crit and the tier stuff is going to ruin all that.

Top Bottom