• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yeah, so I got exactly zero rep for completing an invasion.

Gotta get the quest from Maiev before starting the invasion WQs.

Kinda dumb that it isn't an auto-start - who knows that's behind Blizz's thought process on this type of thing at this point.

edit: Also, why don't invasion quests just give 'double rep' like the Wardens or Kirin Tor quests do, come to think of it.

Gotta get the quest from Maiev before starting the invasion WQs.

Kinda dumb that it isn't an auto-start - who knows that's behind Blizz's thought process on this type of thing at this point.

edit: Also, why don't invasion quests just give 'double rep' like the Wardens or Kirin Tor quests do, come to think of it.

Maievs quest? From the dungeon?

Wait, what Maiev quest? Did I just miss out on Legionfall rep because I did the invasion stuff in Azsuna without going to the Broken Shore?

I got pitiful amounts of rep for Court of Farondis but I'm only Revered with them. Do only the rep tokens work towards Paragon once you've hit Exalted with a given faction?

Game is good again...

Had it proc the staff Polymorph on the first thing I Poly'd in Elwynn Forrest, the bleeting sheep staff is both terrifying and hilarious. Now I just have to switch to Frost every time I go to the mage order hall and play Fire every time I'm in Suramar.

Grats. One of my favorite ones. If I was competent at playing mage it's definitely one I'd go for.

Did you grab the "Defending..." quest at Deliverance Point first? Once you complete the invasion and turn in that quest you get 1500 reputation. It's just the next step in the gated story for the Broken Shores.

Metroidvania

Maievs quest? From the dungeon?

Nah, on the Broken shore 'main' flight point, Deliverance Point or whatever. She's standing right around there by Khadgar and the tower builder guy.

The quest also counts for this weeks 'story' mission, I think.

fake-edit: Somewhat beat.

Lomax

Well that's incredibly stupid. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that just going and doing something when I see it pop up somehow isn't what I was supposed to actually do.

Edit: so that means the 1500 rep is just once? Because that sure doesn't look like a daily or even a weekly, much less a "every time you do an invasion" sort of thing.

Well that's incredibly stupid. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that just going and doing something when I see it pop up somehow isn't what I was supposed to actually do.

Edit: so that means the 1500 rep is just once? Because that sure doesn't look like a daily or even a weekly, much less a "every time you do an invasion" sort of thing.

Seems that way. Apparently on the PTR you got 1500 rep for each completed invasion and people on the Blizzard forums are saying they made it that way so people could test faster. And then others are saying it's a stealth nerf. Who knows.

Metroidvania

So invasions have finally started? And can anyone confirm how much rep each one actually yields?

Yes, 1500 before any buffs (but apparently one-time only rather than repeatable, though we won't be more certain idea tomorrow to see if the next invasion zone re-prompts the quest)

Kalnoky

This invasion stuff seems super underwhelming and kind of tedious if the Azsuna one is anything to go by. The four WQs part was okay, but everything after seemed to just drag on and on. In the three person scenario part, one of our two guys just kept dying to the orbital strikes and was just afking near the start for most of it. With the mobs as spread out as they were it felt like it took fucking foooooorever.

Oh, and like most everyone else, I missed out on the rep because I didn't realize it was from a quest.

This patch has been kind of bumming me out so far, man.

Lain

One of the core mechanics of Broken Shore gameplay is that of acquiring Legionfall War Supplies to put towards constructing buildings, which in turn unlock various content and bonuses. Recently, we’ve begun to notice that some players have begun stockpiling their Legionfall War Supplies in order to use them at a later time. While this is fine to some degree, if it were to become a more widespread behavior, it could have severely negative effects on the rate at which buildings are constructed, thereby preventing those bonuses and content pieces from being made available.

Therefore, on Thursday, April 6 at roughly 8 PM CEST, we’ll be applying a hotfix that will reduce the maximum amount of Legionfall War Supplies a player can stockpile to 1000. This will ensure that building construction can proceed at a regular pace, while still allowing you to keep hold of several turn-ins worth of War Supplies if you like.

Note that, when this hotfix is applied, any Legionfall War Supplies you have over the cap of 1000 will be lost. If you’re currently carrying more than that, please make sure to turn those extra War Supplies in before Thursday.

Spend your excess legionfall resources before the 6th, I guess.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I think I'm kinda really over AP this xpack, especially with how insane it is right now.

I liked that I got 54 and was done, and then this new stuff came out and it will pretty much never end. Now I really don't have an option, I have to grind out those AP dailies each day again, and if I want to stay progressed I have to do all the raids, too.

I won't be doing that last part cus fuck that shit, which is gimping me, which in turn is goddamn frustrating.

Hopefully next xpack doesn't have this much grinding.

cdyhybrid

I think I'm kinda really over AP this xpack, especially with how insane it is right now.

I liked that I got 54 and was done, and then this new stuff came out and it will pretty much never end. Now I really don't have an option, I have to grind out those AP dailies each day again, and if I want to stay progressed I have to do all the raids, too.

I won't be doing that last part cus fuck that shit, which is gimping me, which in turn is goddamn frustrating.

Hopefully next xpack doesn't have this much grinding.

Yeah, it reminds me of AA in Everquest. It's something to do at first, but it quickly becomes an endless grind that's a huge barrier to new players and alts.

Fjordson

So today's invasion is over? Do they spawn at the same time every day or is it random? Kinda sucks to miss out on it because of work...or at least I think I missed it. I have the quest front Maiev, but don't see anything on my map.

So today's invasion is over? Do they spawn at the same time every day or is it random? Kinda sucks to miss out on it because of work...or at least I think I missed it. I have the quest front Maiev, but don't see anything on my map.

Yes it's over. Ended around.. 10pm Eastern? Something like that.

Not sure if the times will change from day-to-day. Surely that would be the sensible way to do it.

Man the best I've gotten now is like 35% on the first guy. Seemingly bugged comet storm still damaging you after leaving the AoE makes certain parts very difficult.

Lain

Done the invasion on my paladin and it's not exactly what I expected. The scenario felt a bit dragging, some of the WQs had the annoying 2% completion per kill, some WQs have objectives that take longer to complete the more people around (and this also for kills and tagging) and the invasion starting at 9am and having a 6 hours duration probably isn't the best.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I just noticed that the invasions give a daily quest that I can't turn in now cus they're over.

What do those give? I hope I didn't miss out on rep.

Zelias

Banned
Did the Valsharah invasion, completed the scenario and... it didn't actually complete even though I finished it. At least it counted for the quest you get on the Broken Shore to do an invasion.

And yeah, the timing is really bad. Not much thought put into this, which seems to be a recurring problem with this patch.

Lain

I just noticed that the invasions give a daily quest that I can't turn in now cus they're over.

What do those give? I hope I didn't miss out on rep.

The only daily quest I got during the invasion was the one that ends up sending you to the scenario, which didn't give any rep.

Daniel R

My GF did the 6 world quests from the invasion on a lvl 101 alt and got 90% of a level in XP. I hope this is intended so I can build an army of alts again to autocomplete 1 world quest every 18 hours. Quick way of getting the PVP marks of honor for transmog sets, or battle pet tokens. If you can keep up the resources, also a good way to earn some gold from the 2000+ gold order hall missions.

Kalnoky

My GF did the 6 world quests from the invasion on a lvl 101 alt and got 90% of a level in XP. I hope this is intended so I can build an army of alts again to autocomplete 1 world quest every 18 hours. Quick way of getting the PVP marks of honor for transmog sets, or battle pet tokens. If you can keep up the resources, also a good way to earn some gold from the 2000+ gold order hall missions.

Yeah, the alt exp from invasions seems good, at least. I remember the pre-expansion invasions being worth monster exp too, so I assume it's intended.

mclem

I'm currently planning the raid schedule for the week, and it's struck me that while we spent most time in Heroic last week, I think there's a fair argument that the mage tower buff gives us more incentive to do a full clear of Normal this time around.

Is there any explicit timer in-game on the remaining life on Broken Shore buildings? I'm not certain if we'll have the mage tower up for tomorrow's raid (It was built late Monday evening, which means - I believe - it should die at some point midraid on Thursday) which might affect exactly *when* we do each bit of content.

Tarazet

Healing on a Druid is going to spoil me so bad. You can perform almost 100% while running at full speed. Shit, you can even channel Tranquility while moving and it doesn't stop if you get knocked up in the air. Holy Priest sure doesn't have that kind of QOL, not even with Norgannon's Foresight.

Faiz

I'm currently planning the raid schedule for the week, and it's struck me that while we spent most time in Heroic last week, I think there's a fair argument that the mage tower buff gives us more incentive to do a full clear of Normal this time around.

Is there any explicit timer in-game on the remaining life on Broken Shore buildings? I'm not certain if we'll have the mage tower up for tomorrow's raid (It was built late Monday evening, which means - I believe - it should die at some point midraid on Thursday) which might affect exactly *when* we do each bit of content.

I can't speak to in game, but the app currently shows a little over 6 hours And 25 minutes left on it.

Edit: the in app timer appears to be going up. /shrug.

Lomax

Yeah, right now it's annoying that invasions are only up 25% of the time, but in a few weeks when no one needs the achievements or shards any more it will be just as annoying when they wipe out world quests for an entire zone you were planning on doing.

Kalnoky

Yeah, right now it's annoying that invasions are only up 25% of the time, but in a few weeks when no one needs the achievements or shards any more it will be just as annoying when they wipe out world quests for an entire zone you were planning on doing.

I think the invasion WQs give credit toward the emissary for the zone they're in, at least. I still had the Court of Farondis emissary up when I did the Azsuna invasion yesterday and got credit and finished the emissary requirements upon completing the four invasion WQs.

Edit - It actually kind of confused me at first, because it made me assume I needed to go to where you turn in the emissary quest and that upon turning that in is when I would get the follow up to continue the invasion stuff.

Tarazet

I think the invasion WQs give credit toward the emissary for the zone they're in, at least. I still had the Court of Farondis emissary up when I did the Azsuna invasion yesterday and got credit and finished the emissary requirements upon completing the four invasion WQs.

Edit - It actually kind of confused me at first, because it made me assume I needed to go to where you turn in the emissary quest and that upon turning that in is when I would get the follow up to continue the invasion stuff.

Yeah the invasion WQ's count. Azsuna was expiring yesterday so it let me knock that emissary out on my Priest in 10 minutes flat.

Magnus

Such bizarre decision-making for many elements of this patch. I haven't seen the devs catch THIS much flak all at once for something in awhile. The forums are in more of an uproar than usual, and 'usual' is like, lots of uproar.

I've made peace with the fact that I won't get flying for like a month. Hopefully I can catch some invasions this weekend or they'll hotfix them by this weekend, or something.

mclem

Did a spell of Mythic+ last night, and got a few surprises from some stealth changes; in particular, Dresaron caught us all out!

I'm told Hymdall always summons three drakes now, as well, which is going to make an unpleasant fight even more hellish at hight Mythic+ levels.

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah Dresaron's wind seems overtuned now. No clue how some specs are supposed to avoid pulling a ton of drakes, it's just too strong.

Couleurs

:lol

8am start. Brilliant, Blizzard.

Why the fuck is this shit not all day long, Blizzaaaaard

It's going to be so annoying when someone winds up not being able to fly for a long time because the one invasion they need only happens when they're at school/work or sleeping.

Lomax

I'd imagine by the time the raid launches there will be an invasion up constantly and they will just rotate from zone to zone. Honestly, this is just another Suramar situation, yes, the gating is annoying, but for most players who aren't pushing constantly it isn't going to impact them that much and once you get it done it only gates you once and it's a non issue forever, so it will be quickly forgotten. Plus the lack of rep from invasions makes them basically pointless after the achievement anyway, and the rep is going to be a bigger gate.

That said, the Legion theme of heavily gated buggy mediocre content isn't exactly the best and is starting to wear pretty thin, I agree.

Kalnoky

Such bizarre decision-making for many elements of this patch. I haven't seen the devs catch THIS much flak all at once for something in awhile. The forums are in more of an uproar than usual, and 'usual' is like, lots of uproar.

I've made peace with the fact that I won't get flying for like a month. Hopefully I can catch some invasions this weekend or they'll hotfix them by this weekend, or something.

Speaking purely as a lapsed hardcore player who has found peace and solace in much more casual play in recent years, 7.2 has mostly been frustrating and disappointing. The additions to this patch for solo progression (specifically the Broken Shore content and invasions) seem like such a regression in design to me.

The thing I liked about WQs coming into Legion was this feeling of relevant solo questing content always being available whenever I wanted, without simultaneously feeling like I constantly had to do this content to stay relevant. I could hop on when I felt like it, get emissaries done, and score some AP/resources/gold/possible legendaries in the process. I could do this everyday if I wanted. Alternatively, if I didn't play for three days, or six days, that stuff would still be there and available when I got back. There were reps to grind, but the rewards tied to them were ultimately tertiary to me and didn't have much impact on my personal progression or gratification. I've come to enjoy this newfound freedom. If I don't play, I don't feel like I'm missing out on potential progression. I don't feel like I'm falling behind.

With 7.2 and the Broken Shore/invasions, it doesn't feel that way to me anymore. Invasions happen every day... but only roughly once a day, at random times, for specific intervals. Artifact challenge scenarios seem like a neat idea... and are gated behind a (currently) six day long unlock, then only available for the following three. Even worse, the reward of flying couldn't escape this design reversal either, being locked behind a reputation bar which itself is locked behind WQs which are locked behind time. It makes everything seem urgent again. Every day I don't get on and check for invasions or turn in resources or do Broken Shore WQs for rep is a wasted opportunity. I once again feel incentivized to play when I don't want to, and this is a feeling that I didn't miss.

(I recognize this problem has always existed this expansion for more hardcore players in the form of the huge AP grind and legendary RNG, I'm purely speaking to my own personal use-case, here. I once again feel your pain, my dudes.)

Zelias

Banned
Thanks, I got it done, but uh, didn't get the credit achievement needed for flying.
Yeah I didn't get the credit for the achievement when I did Valsharah earlier this morning on EU. Blizzard can't seem to get anything right with this patch, feels like it was rushed out and should have been released later with more polish and a shorter lead-in to ToS.

Magnus

Speaking purely as a lapsed hardcore player who has found peace and solace in much more casual play in recent years, 7.2 has mostly been frustrating and disappointing. The additions to this patch for solo progression (specifically the Broken Shore content and invasions) seem like such a regression in design to me.

The thing I liked about WQs coming into Legion was this feeling of relevant solo questing content always being available whenever I wanted, without simultaneously feeling like I constantly had to do this content to stay relevant. I could hop on when I felt like it, get emissaries done, and score some AP/resources/gold/possible legendaries in the process. I could do this everyday if I wanted. Alternatively, if I didn't play for three days, or six days, that stuff would still be there and available when I got back. There were reps to grind, but the rewards tied to them were ultimately tertiary to me and didn't have much impact on my personal progression or gratification. I've come to enjoy this newfound freedom. If I don't play, I don't feel like I'm missing out on potential progression. I don't feel like I'm falling behind.

With 7.2 and the Broken Shore/invasions, it doesn't feel that way to me anymore. Invasions happen every day... but only roughly once a day, at random times, for specific intervals. Artifact challenge scenarios seem like a neat idea... and are gated behind a (currently) six day long unlock, then only available for the following three. Even worse, the reward of flying couldn't escape this design reversal either, being locked behind a reputation bar which itself is locked behind WQs which are locked behind time. It makes everything seem urgent again. Every day I don't get on and check for invasions or turn in resources or do Broken Shore WQs for rep is a wasted opportunity. I once again feel incentivized to play when I don't want to, and this is a feeling that I didn't miss.

(I recognize this problem has always existed this expansion for more hardcore players in the form of the huge AP grind and legendary RNG, I'm purely speaking to my own personal use-case, here. I once again feel your pain, my dudes.)

As a fellow lapsed-hardcore player who LOVES casual play on my own time this expansion, I'm right there with you. (I don't know if you can call my super binge in September/Oct Casual, but eh, hahah)

KdMjZS0.jpg

Got it last night after attempt #26. On hindsight it's actually really easy even at ilvl 892.

Robin64

Everyone seems to be getting a Legendary today in my little guild. And sure enough, upon doing an Emissary, I got one too.

EhkzcGP.png

This is my second, the first was Aggramar's Stride.

Weird logging in to the Dreamgrove and seeing it all dark and gloomy. Guess I'll hold off on doing the invasion since it's still bugged, apparently.

Top Bottom