• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Fjordson

Valsharah invasion up in the US now (at least for me).
Now?? Of course I'm at work for another 7 hours. So that'll be two straight days of missing it.

I can't understand why they don't spawn them like the pre-expansion invasions. Or at least keep the single one up all day and just make the quests like a daily so you can only do them once.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Now?? Of course I'm at work for another 7 hours. So that'll be two straight days of missing it.

I can't understand why they don't spawn them like the pre-expansion invasions. Or at least keep the single one up all day and just make the quests like a daily so you can only do them once.

Eh, invasions switched up a good amount of stuff even during the event.

Plus, Blizz has stated that eventually, invasions will start happening more than once per day, so eventually there will probably end up being 2 (maaaaaybe 3) per day.

Though I agree that starting with 'daytime' hours for anytime in the first week is rather silly.

And that they should just be all day long type deals for a second emissary, ESPECIALLY if they don't give the 1500 rep every time.

Magnus

Plus, Blizz has stated that eventually, invasions will start happening more than once per day, so eventually there will probably end up being 2 (maaaaaybe 3) per day.

Though I agree that starting with 'daytime' hours for anytime in the first week is rather silly.

And that they should just be all day long type deals for a second emissary, ESPECIALLY if they don't give the 1500 rep every time.

I don't see any commentary about these new invasions from the last few days from Blizzard. Could you provide any links?

edit-

nvm, forgot about Blue Tracker. This is a terrible response:

I know everyone is eager to get these assaults done in order to unlock flying, and the timing of the current assault isn't really ideal for those who are at work, school or handling other real world commitments.

However, the assaults are here to stay for the foreseeable future so everyone will have ample opportunities to get them done. There will always be at least one assault per day.

I do like that the event is seemingly random, and that we don't know where or when an invasion will be. That's exciting. But the frequency is CLEARLY too low for what the player base wants/needs right now. For week one at least, there should have been more invasions, and it's a bad look that they've both been during work hours so far. Vary the timing, sure, but don't lock out such a massive segment of your userbase from something new/exciting like this.

v1perz53

It's bugged?

Oh Blizzard...

Yeah, it's not counting towards the achievement you need for the second part of pathfinder. And some people aren't getting credit for completing the scenario it seems.

Just did it and everything worked fine, got credit for the meta. So I guess its working fine now?

Honestly I kinda like the invasions, but I feel like they'll get old pretty quick. They really should've made the final turn in worth 1500 rep still, if not with Armies of Legionfall at LEAST with the zone's faction for paragon rep. As it stands, on characters 900+ ilvl there's kind of no reason to do the scenario once you've gotten the achievement for flying, since all it rewards is a ~500k AP item, an ~800k AP item and some gear you don't need. The WQs are great as a secondary source of nethershards though, so those can be worth doing. But the entire questline/scenario after doing the 4 WQs seems lacking in rewards. I do find it fun to have a more story based WQ event, and I hope they keep with that. I also LOVE that they brought back 3 player scenarios, please keep doing that, I find them really quite fun.

Lomax

Just did it and everything worked fine, got credit for the meta. So I guess its working fine now?

Honestly I kinda like the invasions, but I feel like they'll get old pretty quick. They really should've made the final turn in worth 1500 rep still, if not with Armies of Legionfall at LEAST with the zone's faction for paragon rep. As it stands, on characters 900+ ilvl there's kind of no reason to do the scenario once you've gotten the achievement for flying, since all it rewards is a ~500k AP item, an ~800k AP item and some gear you don't need. The WQs are great as a secondary source of nethershards though, so those can be worth doing. But the entire questline/scenario after doing the 4 WQs seems lacking in rewards. I do find it fun to have a more story based WQ event, and I hope they keep with that. I also LOVE that they brought back 3 player scenarios, please keep doing that, I find them really quite fun.

Totally agree they will get old quick, and on top of that I hated that it ended with a three player scenario; it was emergent and covered the zone and felt a lot like the launch invasions, and then you're in a queue for two minutes and stuck in a group with two randoms doing exactly the same type of thing as before, only now it's small scale and annoying, and it goes from feeling like a fun large scale activity to something that should have just been in dungeon finder, which basically ruined it for me. If it was going to be a scenario it should have at least been 10 players if not something like 40. But it really should have just finished in the zone like the rest of it did, the part before the end was better.

Fjordson

Yeah, just make them phased or something. Once you complete an invasion it goes back to normal. Having the event disappear after some time and having it start at 8 AM on a week day is pretty silly imo.

Good to know they'll increase their frequency, though. Even just one more in the evening would be fine.

Lain

The scenario ruins it for me because it makes these invasions not feel like a community event (if the tagging system didn't already point it out while doing the WQs).
I'm not sure why they went with a 3 players scenario (and not implement a factionless and unlimited tapping for these invasions mobs which most of the time either aren't lootable or only drop crap).
After all those hotfixes with the pre-legion invasions they had a pretty fun system in place while what was there today wasn't really as fun (because it is never fun to stare at the monitor waiting for demons to spawn for 10 minutes while you're 5/10 on kills... are they invading us or not?!).

So months of nothing and then suddenly I get two hidden appearances in as many days...

FUXXJX9.jpg

And I was in Arcane when I logged in.

You're right. Just finished it and got credit.

So months of nothing and then suddenly I get two hidden appearances in as many days...

Nice! Now you just need to farm the fire one which, if I'm remembering right, is probably the easiest one to get since it drops from trash mobs in Suramar. Still RNG-based but at least you have more than once a day to try for it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
And now I got Kil'Jaden's Burning Wish.

It was only a few days ago that I got Sephuz, that means I now have 8 legendaries.

Noice.

Lomax

The scenario ruins it for me because it makes these invasions not feel like a community event (if the tagging system didn't already point it out while doing the WQs).
I'm not sure why they went with a 3 players scenario (and not implement a factionless and unlimited tapping for these invasions mobs which most of the time either aren't lootable or only drop crap).
After all those hotfixes with the pre-legion invasions they had a pretty fun system in place while what was there today wasn't really as fun (because it is never fun to stare at the monitor waiting for demons to spawn for 10 minutes while you're 5/10 on kills... are they invading us or not?!).

I agree completely. I've said from launch that the invasion event was what actually convinced me to buy Legion, and we still haven't had a single piece of content even close to that, and it's a huge let down to me. Yeah, the world quest system is an improvement, but the actual *quests* themselves are the same old stuff we've done since BC (heck some of them in BC were better). I had high hopes for these new invasions only to be let down again. Maybe the invasion tech was too new for early release stuff, but I would have expected by 7.2 to see similar content. It's genuinely disappointing to me and if anything 7.2 seems to indicate that the dev team is heading even further away from the direction I'd want them to be and certainly not learning the lessons I would hope.

mclem

I can't speak to in game, but the app currently shows a little over 6 hours And 25 minutes left on it.

Edit: the in app timer appears to be going up. /shrug.

Where is it in the app, anyway? Can't seem to find a location for it.

lazygecko

Fire is the only hidden appearance I have on my Mage. Shame it's my least favourite spec :/

It seems that if you do one of the appearance unlocks for the hidden artifact, like getting 1000 PvP kills, it'll also unlock the same color slot for the hidden appearances of the other specs, even if you didn't get the standard hidden appearance beforehand.

At least, that seems to be the case with my shaman where I suddenly found that I had the PvP color for the hidden resto appearance, after having unlocked the Elemental one.

Lain

An Assault just started in Strom on EU. 3.30am though so my friend is going to miss his second invasion lol.

Murgulis is better than Illidan.

RPGCrazied

That was fast. I love when we complain loud enough something happens. So now the legion assaults aren't required for unlocking flying, I was okay with them just making the assaults happen more often, but I won't say no to this. lol

Lomax

Double post but: they're removing the need to finish all 4 assaults for Pathfinder Part 2.

Enjoy your flying to those who grinded the rep already. I'm 8k out.

That's an odd thing to remove considering that the rep grind was always going to be the limiter anyway. Guess they got tired of listening to people bitch about being randomly gated.

To be honest I'm surprised we're getting flying this fast, I always figured it would be at least a year. At this point I almost expect 7.3 to hit by August or September which means they probably expect to drop the next expansion announcement by Blizzcon with a release target of early next year, which will probably slip until summer and result in another year of the final patch sitting.

Corpekata

Banned
What's the fastest way to grind out the rep?

There's really not a way to grind it beyond farming supplies to 100 and turning in, which are mainly from WQ. Only ways to get them beyond WQ are mission board RNG (rep tokens there too) and Rare Elites in BS but even they only give a few upon kill, so they'd only be a slight leg up.

Lain

Awww there was a maintenance in EU today. Server went down just as we managed to finish the scenario and I zoned in front of Odyn. Didn't get to turn it in though for the AP token.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck sake, doing the Mage Tower challenge on my Frost Mage, I've wiped under 10% like 5 times now and they've just taken the bloody server down. I was so close. I'm only 902 which is not helping, I have to play perfectly or I'm screwed, there's a reason everyone making videos on YouTube have 300-400k more HP than me, it's clearly tuned for higher gear levels.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
It just never ceases to amaze how Blizzard could fail so hard at something so easy.

Literally just make them available all day (or rapidly re-spawning like the pre-legion invasions) is all they had to do.

Boom, problem solved - no one bitches, people are 'forced' to do the content you want them to (even if its just largely recycled world quests with shitty % bars), and you don't have this huge outcry.

Seriously, if even the first day (for Europe) had a 'better' time like 2-8 or whatever, you would have been fine.

Just.....lol.

Have been super unlucky with rep missions and no drops though, so won't see flying for a bit, but at least I'm not gated twice.

Corpekata

Banned
I am baffled the invasions don't give legionfall rep in general really. Apparently they did in the PTR. Now in order to unlock flying you're going to need to like 100 dailies minimum, probably closer to 150 when all is said and done. Maybe a bit less if there's a decent sized rep quest opening each week, but to get it within the first month, that's a shitload of dailies, and frequently there's only like 4 or so up at a time. Invasions offering a large chunk of rep would have been good incentive to do them, especially for the crowd that's maybe already Nighthold geared since the loot drops and nethershard trade ins aren't worth it for slot you are 880ish in. I mean, the hardcore will likely have flying if not by the end of the week, then by early next week anyway, so you might as well have made it slightly less annoying to everyone else.

Simple way to handle invasions would be to do 2 or 3 a day. Cycle them out where there's like a couple hours down time, that way everyone gets a shot at at least one per day. I don't even get why they are being slow with them if the rewards aren't that great and it doesn't even really help with the rep grind. It doesn't even seem to give that much rep with the invaded zone. Now that it's not part of flying they really need to add some incentive to do them. Right now it's just nethershards, which will get some gear for the LFR crowd and folks that have maybe had some bad luck with specific slots, but that's about it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
YES!

Absolutely fucking brutal at 902, it probably took around 50 tries to beat it and I'm so happy I got it before it's made irrelevant with gear, mad respect to anyone who got this at my gear level as it was truly difficult and I've been playing this game on and off since day one.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
z8xNns1.jpg

Got that thing from the prestige rep thing from the Nightfallen, I wonder if they're a low drop chance or if I got lucky. I really hope they aren't super rare like other mount drops cus one chance every 10k rep is pretty bad.

Robin64

The original implementation of Pathfinder 2 on the PTR and how it is now on live show that Blizzard have no idea what the fuck they are doing anymore. Everything's getting removed from it because it's shitty.

Why aren't World Quest turn-in hubs sanctuary on PVP servers? Do the devs not even play their own game? Partied up with my buddy on Tich, doing WQ without any issue, whistle and land in Vladisdal so he can turn in, instantly die to a hub full of Horde players. Couldn't use Greater Invisibility to even get away with all of the nukes and DoTs thrown on my mage. That's pants on head stupid.

Immediately disbanded the party, res'd and invited him to my PVE realm. Proceeded to play without issue. It's like they designed everything in Legion within the vacuum of PVE.

Nice! Now you just need to farm the fire one which, if I'm remembering right, is probably the easiest one to get since it drops from trash mobs in Suramar. Still RNG-based but at least you have more than once a day to try for it.

Actually thought The Star's Design would be the first hidden artifact appearance I got with how much I've been grinding Suramar WQ's for Nightfallen and Warden rep.

Fire is the only hidden appearance I have on my Mage. Shame it's my least favourite spec :/

Rolled this Mage in 7.0, did the first portion of the Arcane hidden appearance questline as soon as I was AK6 and have had a teleportation nexus built as soon as you could make it (105?), both Arcane and Frost only triggered now in 7.2. If The Star's Design and/or a Legendary drops for me soon, I'm just going to assume this is Blizzard's bad luck protection kicking in.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
YES!

Absolutely fucking brutal at 902, it probably took around 50 tries to beat it and I'm so happy I got it before it's made irrelevant with gear, mad respect to anyone who got this at my gear level as it was truly difficult and I've been playing this game on and off since day one.

I bow to you, my frost mage is still 876 and I have no hope on getting it before ToS

Faiz

I was gonna post whining rant about Legion invasions but clearly I don't need to as it's well covered. I like the invasions but never getting to actually do them sucks.

Ok? This doesn't solve the issue that invasions are terribly implemented. They still last 5 hours and will pop up at 2 in the morning.
I really wonder with 7.2 and Legion in general. So many solid ideas marred by seemingly not being fully thought out, which leads to poor implementation.

This is probably one of the requirements nobody really thought much about. Four invasions, no big deal. It's like doing four emissary quests. But then you see how it's implemented and are puzzled as to how Blizzard could fundamentally misunderstand their player base to that degree.

There are so many things in Legion where the intent seems to be "we want the players to feel a certain way" but then little to no intention is paid to how practical it is. They want invasions to feel like an event by lasting longer and not always having one up. But then you make them inaccessible by schedule when they are meant to be accessible content.

Great for removing the that gate from Pathfinder, but yeah, doesn't solve the underlying issue.

Entropia

No One Remembers
What are the chances of a new Xpac reveal at Blizzcon this year?

100%.

By the time BlizzCon rolls around, I imagine we'll already have been on Argus for a month or so and I bet the final raid will open shortly after BlizzCon (like, the following Tuesday). So it'd be make sense for them to announce the next expansion. I could see them targeting August/September 2018 given the way they've been cycling content now.

Zelias

Banned
Glad they've removed the need to do the invasions for the achievement, but I still hope they take a look at the bad design decisions behind the invasions.

What are the chances of a new Xpac reveal at Blizzcon this year?
Assuming they don't reveal it earlier like Legion? I'd say fairly high.

Rolled this Mage in 7.0, did the first portion of the Arcane hidden appearance questline as soon as I was AK6 and have had a teleportation nexus built as soon as you could make it (105?), both Arcane and Frost only triggered now in 7.2. If The Star's Design and/or a Legendary drops for me soon, I'm just going to assume this is Blizzard's bad luck protection kicking in.
I play on and off so no wonder I haven't had the RNG for the Frost/Arcane appearances. Fire I just got randomly doing Suramar WQs.

Glad they removed the invasion requirement for people who are having trouble participating in them. I'll probably still take part when they're up for those new weapon transmogs.

Fjordson

Wait they're removing the invasion requirement? Lmao.

I mean that's good, but why make the content so hard for people to see in the first place? Just bizarre decisions all around. Is it really a shock that a timed event on a weekday morning is a bad idea?

cdyhybrid

Wait they're removing the invasion requirement? Lmao.

I mean that's good, but why make the content so hard for people to see in the first place? Just bizarre decisions all around. Is it really a shock that a timed event on a weekday morning is a bad idea?

The point they had of them cycling and eventually coming around to an accessible time would have been fine...if it weren't tied to flying, which EVERYONE wants right now. I mean, they really should have seen this coming.

Top Bottom