• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Lomax

Getting 100 marks from harder Sentinax mobs isn't gonna be too fun for me. Managed to tag 3 but only 1 dropped 2 marks.

I found Roar of the Seven Lions in an emissary cache on my hunter. Finally a nice one! Now to hope for the shoulders next before 7.2.5 with the nerf so I can experience what it's like to have 2 frenzy charges with the reset mechanic.

Got one of those class items to upgrade the class hall set armor. Weird that only 1 character out of 6 got it as a reward. Every other character got just 238 as a reward for the same WQ.

Today's quest, the Sentinax thing.. Ugh. UGH. What a shitshow.

Khadgar's trolling was better.

Wait a day or two, they'll probably tweak it. And even if they don't, at this point there's no benefit to getting it done quickly anyway.

mclem

But I've always been a big fan of 3 player scenarios and think they should bring them back. It is very easy to design them with punishing mechanics despite not having a healer or a tank, and a good way to "teach" players about avoiding certain mechanics. Was also nice to have something to do between long ass dungeon queues on my DPS toons in MoP.

On a similar note, I've been spending some time in the Brawler's Guild of late; originally just to get things going for Meatball, but I've hung around in there - and, as a tank, it's been a good environment to practice DPS-on-the-move skills, because I've generally felt I've got a lot of scope to improve my DPS outside of mass-AOE situations.

Mupod

well 3 mission board quests with great rewards that I have no chance of clearing popped up. Decided to install the mission board app finally. Turns out the reason I have no champion equipment is because, like invasions, apparently those missions only show up when I'm at work. There's 4 up now, wtf.

I finally bothered to do a couple of broken shore world quests and got a legendary from the turn in (blood bracers, seem ok I guess). But man I hate world quests where I have to do anything more than kill 1 mob.

I bet blizzard had a bunch of stats from people like me that look at world quests, see more than one objective and say NOPE JUST GONNA DO THIS WARDEN ONE THX. And then in some meeting they were all 'well that won't do, make ALL the world quests shitty'. And that's how broken shore was made.

Zelias

Banned
Did the Sentinax quest by just joining a group in the Premade Group Finder. Took me about 20 minutes and two lieutenants. I guess I got lucky though, the quest doesn't seem very well designed.

Between this and last week's meme quest they're really spreading this content thin, huh.

Tarazet

You could basically get all the rep mounts prior to legion with good ol fashion grindin, LOL.

The Netherdrake quest still takes a good month of grinding. Don't expect Blizzard to take the gloves off when it comes to paragon mounts or the epic class mounts.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Decided to kind of level an alt. Priest order hall being on another planet was not something I expected.

Like, they can just port to this place for years and the legion somehow has not found it after all of this time?

I'm glad the elite missions are more worthwhile. My characters that could most use the shards are far away from having 900 champions, but that's more about the insane champion upgrade disparity between classes than the missions themselves.
The Netherdrake quest still takes a good month of grinding. Don't expect Blizzard to take the gloves off when it comes to paragon mounts or the epic class mounts.

Netherdrakes aren't that bad now. Did it in a week or less earlier in the expansion. No competition for eggs really helps. If I wanted to no life it I could have done it in 2-3 days.

v1perz53

Did the Sentinax quest by just joining a group in the Premade Group Finder. Took me about 20 minutes and two lieutenants. I guess I got lucky though, the quest doesn't seem very well designed.

Between this and last week's meme quest they're really spreading this content thin, huh.

Lieutenants drop 50 each. But people have been trained since 7.2 launched not to summon lieutenants (and blizz nerfed spawn rate of epic beacons). I expect by later tonight you will see many more lieutenants being spawned, or a blizz tweak to let all mobs drop marks in a few days. Either way, I wouldn't recommend trying too hard to do this one right away.

I mostly think this step will suck for alts in the future, without tweaks it will be borderline impossible to find sentinax groups in 5 months that can actually summon elites/lieutenants.

Netherdrakes aren't that bad now. Did it in a week or less earlier in the expansion. No competition for eggs really helps. If I wanted to no life it I could have done it in 2-3 days.

That was not my experience at all, did it about 3 months ago. There were ~2-3 people doing it around when I was, and it was super rare to find egg spawns even with a map addon, 2 per day max with a solid 30 minutes of flying around looking, so it ended up not being worth it. Did most of it just through daily quests, which let me tell you, was AWFUL. Those dailies have not aged well, a lot of "use this item 30 times but it has a 10 second cooldown" or "go all the way over here then all the way over there", the dailies took a ton of time per day and it still took weeks to finish the rep. Though Ogri'la was definitely worse, thankfully no mount given for that one.

That's my low pop server talking then. I don't think I ever saw another person. I imagine I used the same egg add on, and could usually find 5-10 eggs per session, then log out for a few fours and repeat.

The dailies are horrible though. The skinning one is the worst.

Azzurri

I know, this whole xpac will continue the rng. I guess it happens when you take Diablo devs and use them for WoW.

v1perz53

The new weekly quest sounds more annoying than it really is. Joined a group and it didn't take long at all to finish it.

I dunno, kinda depends on what server you end up joining. The one I was on had ~3 groups of 5 and some randoms doing portals, and we went a good 30 minutes before someone even got a blue beacon to empower the portals so that they could summon mobs that drop 2 marks at a time. Took like an hour to get to like 50 marks. Took a break, joined another group, someone got an epic beacon summoned a lieutenant and bam, 50 marks in 5 minutes. The rarity of the epic beacons is an issue (but only for this, since people using them during normal Sentinax farming is still counterproductive)

Lain

The new weekly quest sounds more annoying than it really is. Joined a group and it didn't take long at all to finish it.

Took me many hours and 2 lucky bosses getting spawned in between lots of nothing worthwhile. Otherwise it was just a lot of grey and a lot of no drops.

I dunno, kinda depends on what server you end up joining. The one I was on had ~3 groups of 5 and some randoms doing portals, and we went a good 30 minutes before someone even got a blue beacon to empower the portals so that they could summon mobs that drop 2 marks at a time. Took like an hour to get to like 50 marks. Took a break, joined another group, someone got an epic beacon summoned a lieutenant and bam, 50 marks in 5 minutes. The rarity of the epic beacons is an issue (but only for this, since people using them during normal Sentinax farming is still counterproductive)

Took me many hours and 2 lucky bosses getting spawned in between lots of nothing worthwhile. Otherwise it was just a lot of grey and a lot of no drops.

Damn, that's a shame.. I figured with joining groups on other servers it would go by faster.

Magnus

Decided to kind of level an alt. Priest order hall being on another planet was not something I expected.

Like, they can just port to this place for years and the legion somehow has not found it after all of this time?

Keep going. Your interest in this aspect of the priest hall gets expanded on in a fun way.

Did you do the Paladin class campaign already, by chance?

Tarazet

Are people able to get the class mounts yet? I saw someone broadcast that they were exalted with Legionfall but I didn't think to ask whether he got the quest for the Warrior mount.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Are people able to get the class mounts yet? I saw someone broadcast that they were exalted with Legionfall but I didn't think to ask whether he got the quest for the Warrior mount.

I don't believe so - think the class hall mount is associated with the 'completion' of the last part of the weeklys.

Not 100% sure, tho.

Tarazet

I don't believe so - think the class hall mount is associated with the 'completion' of the last part of the weeklys.

Not 100% sure, tho.

If that's the case, then I can stop grinding on the Warlock for now who is already Revered and switch back to the Shaman to get that tyte elemental.

Fjordson

Oh man, new story quest sounds awful. Sentinax farming couldn't be less fun.

Have to wonder what Blizzard was on when they a) initially came up with the crappy sentinax idea and then b) decided to make it even worse with this horribly restrictive tagging system.

Just don't get it. Love Blizzard, but some of the decisions they make truly boggle the mind.

Metroidvania

Aaaand at least for me, the invasions in Aszuna today is having the exact same server-side lag issues today.

Lovely.

Oh man, new story quest sounds awful. Sentinax farming couldn't be less fun.

Have to wonder what Blizzard was on when they a) initially came up with the crappy sentinax idea and then b) decided to make it even worse with this horribly restrictive tagging system.

Just don't get it. Love Blizzard, but some of the decisions they make truly boggle the mind.

Yeah, I get the 'no raid' tag system, but stuff should really, REALLY not have a tag limit in this instance.

Fjordson

Me and my brother tried to farm Sentinax when it first came out, but if there's any other groups anywhere nearby it's like nope, fuck you. Mobs instantly turn grey for no loot. Haven't bothered with it since.

This sort of tagging isn't present anywhere else in the game, is it? Can't figure out why they did it here.

Outside of the new champion questline and the Alliance specific quests related to Anduin (there's seriously no Horde equivalent? Just some marker where Vol'Jin fell?), these Broken Shore weekly quests feel like they're stretching a series of day one tutorial missions over the course of nine weeks. Fighting Broken rares, completing Broken Shore dailies, finding Wyrmtongue chests, farming nethershards, farming Sentinax mobs...these are things people have already been doing since day one and don't really merit being gated behind a weekly drip feed.

The Broken Shore makes Tanaan and even the Garrison campaign brilliant by comparison and from a lore stand point they're short changing the Horde. There could've been some sort of character moment for Sylvanas or that could have served as an introduction for Rokhan being the new leader of the Darkspear, which he apparently is? I hope they have something planned for the Horde at least later on in The Broken Shore campaign.

Fjordson

Yeah, Broken Shore has been a total flop so far.

With flying the dailies are fine and I don't hate the look of it, but the sentinax stuff is total shit and the main questline is pretty barebones.

lazygecko

4535 timewarped badges after turning in the quest item. I wonder if I have it in me to farm the remaining ones for the 5K mount.

I actually still have the 500 reward quest item from the last time we had BC timewalking which I forgot to turn in. Really kicking myself over that now since it seems the other timewalking vendors aren't active while WotLK is on.

Metroidvania

The Broken Shore makes Tanaan and even the Garrison campaign brilliant by comparison and from a lore stand point they're short changing the Horde. There could've been some sort of character moment for Sylvanas or that could have served as an introduction for Rokhan being the new leader of the Darkspear, which he apparently is? I hope they have something planned for the Horde at least later on in The Broken Shore campaign.

From the initial response to that general post, I rather doubt they had anything originally planned.

But yeah, as a horde player, I'm honestly curious where Blizz wants to take the Horde with Sylvanas.

It's kind of funny, because as the horde player, we get ragged on by the Valkyrie goddess in Halls of Valor after Sylvanas was found to be working with Helya to enslave her.....and that's literally the only ramification, not to mention the only quest line where we see her.

Odin (apparently) doesn't give a fuck, nor does Khadgar, Maiev, et al. It never comes up again in Stormheim leveling, and tbh, I'm not even sure if that line in the dungeon is faction-specific, as I've not played an alliance toon through Legion content.

Granted, the Legion is bigger than the horde/alli rivalry (at least, it's one of those expansions where it's being specifically played up as such), but since becoming Warchief, Sylvanas hasn't even really been present. If Helya's bargain is done (because she's dead), I wonder w0here they'll take the Banshee Queen and 'The plight of the Forsaken' plotline now.

Feling like Argus will probably be pretty damn crazy if they went this light on Broken Shore.

That's....optimistic, lol. I rather doubt it, but we'll have to wait and see.

Broken shore is, at least in part, gated to give people more time in Nighthold. But even so, content this shallow doesn't necessarily bode confidence.

It's not even about the Horde/Alliance rivalry, it's just they should develope the faction leaders they have a little more equally. It's great that Genn and Anduin are central for the Alliance and they're trying to build Anduin up to fill his fathers role and lead the Alliance against the Burning Legion but what has Sylvanas done since Stormheim? What has her being Warchief done for the Horde? That's sort of been the central theme for Anduin leading the Alliance. Sylvanas had this redeeming moment when she was named Warchief after The Broken Shore, and then was sort of back to being her old chaotic-evil self in Stormheim. Hopefully they have something like that planned for later in the Broken Shore campaign.

They've just spent the last couple of expansions subtracting from the Horde leadership, it would be nice to see them build up some of the racial/faction leaders there are now beyond Nathanos. Except Gallywix, he can die in a fire.

Ashodin

What would be neat is if Sylvanas had to merge with a Val'kyr to stay alive now, and it purified her.

I mean she already got something like it to happen to her duder, so I could see her going even farther for herself.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Keep going. Your interest in this aspect of the priest hall gets expanded on in a fun way.

Did you do the Paladin class campaign already, by chance?

not yet. i do want to at least get through most of the class order hall campaigns.

v1perz53

Nothing sucks quite as much as getting an 865 relic with my best trait and having to replace my 910 relic with it since my traits are skewed that much. Especially being a tank and there being exactly one trait that is seen as so far and away better than the rest that I just have to aim for relics with that trait.

Jag

Not sure if anyone has checked out Heroes of the Storm but you get 20 free heroes for logging in and new loot boxes. Think this all went live today.

What I'm really digging is the alternate skins for the WoW heroes. They are pretty cool. HoTS loot is more like Overwatch now.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The fuck, I can't get audio in the game. Never had this problem before.

Yes, I CTRL + S

So, uh, has this happened to anyone else? I've no clue why my sound would just randomly turn off.

[edit]

After digging around my settings, it seems something changed my master volume. I hadn't touched that setting in, like, 5 years. I forgot it was even a thing.

Tarazet

World quests are so much breezier with flying. On my 897 ilevel Enhancement Shaman, I cleared the map in Stormheim in less than 10 minutes. Only used the whistle once and that was to remove my PvP flag.

v1perz53

Just...how? Human? Darkmoon hat buff? Been farming The Broken Shore every day and only have like 9K/21K

WQ rep is the same for everyone, but for me tons of rep came from farming rares/treasures to get nethershards when the Mage Tower was up, since you get a lot of passive Legionfall Supplies that way and each turnin is 150 rep. Usually get an extra 2-3 turnins per day just from doing rares when they pop up, and looting the treasures on the way to those rares.

Robin64

Surprising nobody, Mark of the Sentinax has been hotfixed.

5474jmkl3uty.png

accx

You just need to kill mobs under the sentiax, right? I killed about 50 pre hotfix and got 0 marks.

You need to get a drop so you can summon portals, too.
I used the group finder and got it done in about 5-10 minutes.
Thanks for the hotfix Blizzard!

Top Bottom