• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

cdyhybrid

The Shaman mount quest was super underwhelming. I'll put spoilers..

You get ported to the Throne of the Four Winds, fight the three dudes that were the single encounter from the raid... then listen to Thunderaan talk. That's it.

The Paladin one was pretty sweet.

You get a leather barding from a LW, then you have to go to Suramar pay 500 mana crystals to get some sapphire gem from the vendors in the Bazaar, get 25 leystone. Then you got Stratholme, rescue people, and clear out the ziggurats. Then you go find Baron Rivendare's old horse which was taken by some dude that you kill. Then you basically resurrect and make good Rivendare's old horse.
But I already have Rivendare's horse 🤔

Fjordson

Got the class mounts on both of my main characters. Love both of them.

The shaman mount is incredible, though the quest was super dull.

The DK mount isn't as good (though still pretty damn cool imo) but the quest was amazing.

Enosh

wowscrnshot060717184031.jpg

and done, never had all classes capped before, MoP was the closest where I had 10/11, could have done all 11 but decided to leave the druid at 60 to have something to use the WoD boost on

only had 2 at 100 (and one at like 97) since I quit WoD a bit into HFC, so had to level most of those from 90, rogue was boosted to 100 with the free legion one and lock I leveled from 1 since my 90 lock was horde on a different server and wanted to have all 12 on silvermoon ^^

Faiz

I liked it but I also enjoy world PvP. Sadly didn't get much on the quest though due to low pop. I think it works thematically but Blizzard should really know better at this point. Some people just don't want to risk PvPing.

When I logged on to my monk on a bigger server the entrance to the auction house was covered in blizzards and flares. That sort of design decision is going to drive people wild.

Oh yeah, agree with that whole heartedly. Great thematically... execution? Lacking for me. If I wanted pve complicated by pvp I would be on a pvp server.

Priest quest was simple but super interesting in terms of lore.

You take a submarine with Brann and Magni to a cavern & titan chamber that Azeroth told Magni to go to. In it, it's revealed that there are 3 "Seekers" left - this is what the Priest mount is. They've apparently been around forever and are creations of the light or something. There's only three surviving Seekers left. One is starting to become void corrupted, so then the chamber starts the standard defense stuff and you kill a bunch of Earthen.

Eklipsis

wowscrnshot060717184031.jpg

and done, never had all classes capped before, MoP was the closest where I had 10/11, could have done all 11 but decided to leave the druid at 60 to have something to use the WoD boost on

only had 2 at 100 (and one at like 97) since I quit WoD a bit into HFC, so had to level most of those from 90, rogue was boosted to 100 with the free legion one and lock I leveled from 1 since my 90 lock was horde on a different server and wanted to have all 12 on silvermoon ^^

So what's your favorite?

Enosh

So what's your favorite?
love frost and unholy DK, ele shaman, fury warrior and shadow priest are also all very fun, the rest are more "meh" with some really bad ones (really didn't like demo (or the warlock in general), arms is also pretty boring)

overall I have to say I enjoyed a lot more specs back in MoP

Faiz

Welp, forget even getting this rogue quest done tonight. Thunderbluff target is camped by hordies. got ganked by ten players as soon as I attacked.

Welp, forget even getting this rogue quest done tonight. Thunderbluff target is camped by hordies. got ganked by ten players as soon as I attacked.

Would you like an invite to a dead RP-PvP server? You NA Ally, right?

edit: I'm not sure if I would be able to help tonight, but possibly in a few days if you haven't got it done.

Apparently when troll druids use the class mount it still uses the sounds from the bat form, lol.

Blizzard really phoned in this one. Which is odd since they seem to normally give a lot of care and attention to the class.

Apparently when troll druids use the class mount it still uses the sounds from the bat form, lol.

Blizzard really phoned in this one. Which is odd since they seem to normally give a lot of care and attention to the class.

I imagine that they're full steam ahead on the Argus update and the next Expansion, that it's probably a B-team dealing with these smaller updates.

Faiz

Would you like an invite to a dead RP-PvP server? You NA Ally, right?

edit: I'm not sure if I would be able to help tonight, but possibly in a few days if you haven't got it done.

Thanks for the offer, I managed to get it done this morning when pop was low.

If you have flight form glphed to owl form, which I do I n all 4 forms at the tune of 10k each, you cannot use your new epic flight form at all. I had to remove the glyph on all my specs.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Blizzard is apparently removing the Feat of Strength that Death Knights were able to get by
killing all the dragons

v1perz53

If you have flight form glphed to owl form, which I do I n all 4 forms at the tune of 10k each, you cannot use your new epic flight form at all. I had to remove the glyph on all my specs.

Yea, they said it would be like this a few times in the past few months. Kinda dumb, should be the other way around (class mount super-cedes glyph and you turn that on and off via NPC), but what can you do. Doesn't bother me personally since aquatic form makes me gag, so my travel form glyph of choice will always be orca. Why can't we use multiple travel form glyphs again?

Of fucking course I can't find one of the items needed for the Warlock mount on the AH of my completely dead Realm.

Can I make a new char, get Jewelcrafting on it, and prospect some ores to get the items I need? Or there's a level needed?

I'm still trying to figure out why it was necessary to make glyphs less intuitive. What was wrong with having a menu?

The path of least resistance. They basically didn't want to re-work the old major/minor glyph U.I. to accommodate all of the removed glyphs and the ability to apply multiple glyphs. Instead of fixing the old U.I., there's simply none.

It's a pretty shit solution given that the player no longer has a library of acquired glyphs that they can re-use at will across multiple specs.

Mitch

Banned
After I wasted like 20 minutes doing it? wtf why?

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615664181#post-4

This Feat of Strength wasn't actually intended to go live. We'd decided some time ago that it didn't really fit in line with our philosophies regarding achievements, particularly due to the non-repeatable nature of the Class Mount questline. Once 7.2.5 is released, it will no longer be granted, and will be removed from players who had already received it.

Going to be running some Mythic+ tonight on my Holy Priest. Nothing over +5 most likely, but we'll see. If anyone wants to join, feel free to add me on BNET (Mitch#1242). Will be running with an ilvl 889 Ret Paladin. Should start around 7PM EST.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Which feat of strength is that? How long will it take for me to catchup on the class quests? I'm a bit behind.

There is no need to catch up, it is being outright removed as in you will lose it even if you get it before they take it out.

Lain

Spent a little bit of time to do the last 100 demon kill quest with my Paladin, so went ahead and also spent a little bit of time doing the mount quest. I found it to be kinda bland. Class mount feels bland too to me.
Not sure why they give two Paladin NPCs in Strat to accompany you who are such weaklings. 1,29m HPs +/- and they die quite quickly, especially to diseases (which I had to remove, the healer NPC wasn't removing them). The Strat part isn't hard, but with the tank and heal NPCs I picked getting downed by trash+disease I wondered why I even bothered with them.

I have Warlock, Demon Hunter and Hunter at the last 100 demon kill step, so I'll do them next. Hopefully their quests are a bit more fun. Not looking forward to doing Rogue with the PvP aspect I've read on here.

Hey all

Just a quick question.

I haven't played since launch of Legion, but I remember at the time some classes were really lacking like Warlock.

What classes are still lacking in 7.2? Trying to decide which class to play now, feel like a change

Thanks!

Edit: I suppose lacking in 7.2.5 would be the better question as I am returning on patch day :)

Hey all

Just a quick question.

I haven't played since launch of Legion, but I remember at the time some classes were really lacking like Warlock.

What classes are still lacking in 7.2? Trying to decide which class to play now, feel like a change

Thanks!

Edit: I suppose lacking in 7.2.5 would be the better question as I am returning on patch day :)

Honestly I don't feel that there is a weak class in the game right now. There are a few specs that need tweaking, but classes in general are in a good place.

Honestly I don't feel that there is a weak class in the game right now. There are a few specs that need tweaking, but classes in general are in a good place.

Awesome, thanks!

I'm thinking of giving shammy a chance, I like the idea of Enhancement and Elemental. Having a heal spec is also a bonus.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
A few nice UI changes. I'm honestly always more interested in the quality of life changes they make. They need to do more

This morning I started playing my monk again, whom I haven't played in a few months. I've had three legendaries drop as well as that invitation to get the fox mount. All today, lol.

Aws2q6D.gif

Pollux

Look looking for a Horde guild on Area 52 (US). 110 Hunter and leveling a new main DK. Want to get into some light raiding eventually but mainly just want a good guild with adults who have jobs.

Any suggestions?

Nokterian

Why is WoW still so unoptimized? I got a beast of a machine now and yet it is still hanging on CPU power not divided with or GPU.

Ramping up graphics just doesn't work, i know the game is 12 years old but it would be nice if it was bit better optimized it would benefit from high end machines.

Why is WoW still so unoptimized? I got a beast of a machine now and yet it is still hanging on CPU power not divided with or GPU.

Ramping up graphics just doesn't work, i know the game is 12 years old but it would be nice if it was bit better optimized it would benefit from high end machines.

My machine is 10yrs old and I run WoW on triple monitors (3x24" monitors @5760x1200 resolution) at 7/10 settings and it runs great. I've been playing on this particular machine since WotLK days.

Enosh

yep, if you have AK40 on your main you can buy AK40 tomes for all alts
also expected it to go to 35, but I guess they really wanted you to be done with AK research completely even on alts once you get to 40 on one

edit: there was a blue post about it too, missed it when it was first posted so had no idea until I saw the AK40 tome
To that end, the item Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VII is being changed to grant Artifact Knowledge level 40 instead of level 35. As before, it will be purchasable in the Order Hall by characters who have reached AK 40. This means that players will be able to immediately catch-up to the AK cap on alts once they have access to this book, which should make the process of getting to Concordance on alts less daunting too.

Corsick

So, how worth it would it be to boost a level 40 Warlock to 100? I'd be wanting to play Demonology. I just don't know if I can put up with leveling again, especially once it starts to slow down.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
havent played in months, not sure when I stopped, it feels like years ago. I know that Hela mini-raid had come out, it was shortly after that.

So, with that said, worth subbing again for a month or something just to do the class quest and shit, is it all solo friendly? The posse I was semi-raiding with all quit back then (thats why I slowly stopped aswell) but kinda been feeling the bug again lately, especially when im bored at work.

I assume the class mounts will carry over to the future and I would like to have that Druid form. Also the werewolf form, is that obtainable solo?

edit: I know that "is it worth" questions are always subjective and hard to awnser, I myself am not a fan :/

Top Bottom