• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Tarazet

You know, they could make one simple change to Demonology and it would be so much better.

If the pet attack button also redirected your summoned demons. That's it.

As it is, I'll use my keybind to make my Felguard switch targets, and then the stupid fel puppies run right back to my side until I can get another Shadow Bolt off.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
.....holy shit. I can't believe they finally buffed Razorgore's egg-breaking skills.

And they made it so you could purchase a giant 20 bloods worth of Order resources at once?

Hallelujah.

peter0611

I'm still stuck on the rogue class mount quest. The final mark, Auctioneer Xifa in Ogrimmar, keeps evading. Anyone else encountering this issue?

v1perz53

Whoever thought that the Timeless Isle was STILL a good idea for the timewalking vendor to be is a dipshit.

Reason # 236754 why Legion is a terrible expansion to be on a PvP server, and why I finally bit the bullet and transferred to PvE. At least now if you realm hop to a PvE server your flag drops off instantly.

carlsojo

Any good moneymaking suggestions these days? I might have to unsub to save money but I would like to try to buy those tokens... only they're insanely expensive now.

Any good moneymaking suggestions these days? I might have to unsub to save money but I would like to try to buy those tokens... only they're insanely expensive now.
NA / EU? Low pop / high pop? What professions do you have? Do you like farming? I'm assuming you have 110s. How much time do you have? Are you familiar with TSM?

Also there aren't going to be a lot of tips where you just go do something for an hour or two and are immediately rewarded with huge profits (if these things existed, everybody would do them and they would be less profitable). Most things require time or set-up or knowledge, or all three. Even sniping requires some knowledge of the market.

It's server dependent, but in general there is money to be made with every profession.

I cover token cost through my normal play, but NA tokens are much cheaper and not everybody plays the same.

I'd recommend looking at /r/woweconomy, too.

Xeilyn

So... I started playing during vanilla but stopped raiding actively at the start of wrath, after that ive tried every expansion for a little while but lost interest rather quickly aswell as real life getting in the way.

Lets say i want to get back to the game temporarily.. How much fun will i have if i can only spend around 2-3 hours a day after work and maybe a little bit more than that during weekends? I dont plan to start hardcore raiding again but i would still like to atleast experience all the content. Also, how hard is the game to actually play nowadays?

Faiz

NA / EU? Low pop / high pop? What professions do you have? Do you like farming? I'm assuming you have 110s. How much time do you have? Are you familiar with TSM?

Also there aren't going to be a lot of tips where you just go do something for an hour or two and are immediately rewarded with huge profits (if these things existed, everybody would do them and they would be less profitable). Most things require time or set-up or knowledge, or all three. Even sniping requires some knowledge of the market.

It's server dependent, but in general there is money to be made with every profession.

I cover token cost through my normal play, but NA tokens are much cheaper and not everybody plays the same.

I'd recommend looking at /r/woweconomy, too.

Yeah NA tokens are cheap enough that I pay for mine entirely using champions missions.

lol? that's the real location? thought lfg was taking the piss.

Right behind Shaohao. So the resurrection spot...is right on the vendor. So even if your faction is winning the fight, you have about 30 seconds to turn stuff in before getting stunlocked.

Oh and this is Mists, so you can do it at 90. Good luck turning that in.

v1perz53

Right behind Shaohao. So the resurrection spot...is right on the vendor. So even if your faction is winning the fight, you have about 30 seconds to turn stuff in before getting stunlocked.

Oh and this is Mists, so you can do it at 90. Good luck turning that in.

Or just go on the LFG tool and look for one of the raid groups on a PvE server letting people hop for turnins, join it and do everything in peace. Only have to deal with people standing on the vendor at that point, but I'll take that over dying every 2 seconds any day.

But yea it is dumb that what I said above is a legitimate solution to this "issue", no blizzard this version of "world PvP" isn't fun or interesting, you can just move the vendor to Shrine thanks.

Jag

Yeah NA tokens are cheap enough that I pay for mine entirely using champions missions.

I actually want to do this, but the math didn't add up for me. The max I've seen gold missions give is about 2000g (gold + bonus) at 200%. With tokens currently at 146,000g, that's 73 gold missions a month across all characters. I've seen them pop up once or twice a week on each toon. At 2 gold missions per toon a week, that's about 8/month per toon.

So you would have to have a stable of at least 9 900 ilevel Champions to maintain this. Without mission any missions. Does that sound right?

I actually want to do this, but the math didn't add up for me. The max I've seen gold missions give is about 2000g (gold + bonus) at 200%. With tokens currently at 146,000g, that's 73 gold missions a month across all characters. I've seen them pop up once or twice a week on each toon. At 2 gold missions per toon a week, that's about 8/month per toon.

So you would have to have a stable of at least 9 900 ilevel Champions to maintain this. Without mission any missions. Does that sound right?

Sweet Jesus its only $15 a month

Setzer

So... I started playing during vanilla but stopped raiding actively at the start of wrath, after that ive tried every expansion for a little while but lost interest rather quickly aswell as real life getting in the way.

Lets say i want to get back to the game temporarily.. How much fun will i have if i can only spend around 2-3 hours a day after work and maybe a little bit more than that during weekends? I dont plan to start hardcore raiding again but i would still like to atleast experience all the content. Also, how hard is the game to actually play nowadays?

You sound exactly like me. I actively played WoW from vanilla all the way up through Lich King and then stopped. I'd come back and play each new xpac but would leave after 1-2 months. Like you, real life got in the way and just didn't have the time like I used to. I also have about 2-3 hours a night to play and recently came back to Legion and I'm having fun even with that limited play time. I'll knock out a few quests in the broken isles and then do some crafting. I have no plan on raiding but I'd like to get my rogue geared up enough that I could run Mythics with some friends.

I would say go for it!

I haven't tracked them post-7.2 but I think 2 a week would generally be the minimum, as long as you are refreshing missions. Also token prices have been particular volatile the past few days (back down to 133k NA after that 160k spike). Even with the 16k per character assumption, that knocks it down a bit.

They certainly help though. I prioritize rep missions over gold but I still get a few in. I have nine 110s but only six have adequately progressed followers.

Sweet Jesus its only $15 a month

And?

edit: Just to elaborate, using tokens or considering using tokens doesn't mean that person can't afford to pay for a sub with real currency. I do it because I can and because the gold is just a byproduct of how I normally play. The only month I've paid for with real money since Legion launch was my first month, as I was resubbing for the first time since Cata.

I haven't tracked them post-7.2 but I think 2 a week would generally be the minimum, as long as you are refreshing missions. Also token prices have been particular volatile the past few days (back down to 133k NA after that 160k spike). Even with the 16k per character assumption, that knocks it down a bit.

They certainly help though. I prioritize rep missions over gold but I still get a few in. I have nine 110s but only six have adequately progressed followers.

And?

edit: Just to elaborate, using tokens or considering using tokens doesn't mean that person can't afford to pay for a sub with real currency. I do it because I can and because the gold is just a byproduct of how I normally play. The only month I've paid for with real money since Legion launch was my first month, as I was resubbing for the first time since Cata.

I'm saying that $15 a month is easier than leveling up 9 characters and running missions in 9 garrisons everyday. The amount of time/energy spent to save a mere $15 is ludicrous. You would be in a loop of putting hours into the game every day just for the privilege of staying in the loop every day.

Lain

Not digging the affliction lock changes at the moment. I loved dumping dots and soulsucking away, redumping dots and back to soulsucking. Now that way to play simply isn't performing.
At least Hel'nurath was up so I got the last lock mount which is also the one I'm going to use, as it goes well with my purple weapon.

I'm saying that $15 a month is easier than leveling up 9 characters and running missions in 9 garrisons everyday. The amount of time/energy spent to save a mere $15 is ludicrous. You would be in a loop of putting hours into the game every day just for the privilege of staying in the loop every day.

But the reason isn't necessarily to save $15. It could be. It is for some. But for a lot of people it's just how they play the game. Gold is a byproduct.

It also could just be interesting to somebody from a curiosity standpoint, which was where Jag was seeming to come from. It doesn't have to be about saving a sub fee.

And though I don't do it, 9 characters running order hall missions is pretty tame in the grand scheme of things when it comes to crazy alt behavior, especially since that can be done on the app. There's people out there with 40+ alch / engi alts that run those daily CDs every day. Whatever floats their boat.

Jag

But the reason isn't necessarily to save $15. It could be. It is for some. But for a lot of people it's just how they play the game. Gold is a byproduct.

It also could just be interesting to somebody from a curiosity standpoint, which was where Jag was seeming to come from. It doesn't have to be about saving a sub fee.

And though I don't do it, 9 characters running order hall missions is pretty tame in the grand scheme of things when it comes to crazy alt behavior, especially since that can be done on the app. There's people out there with 40+ alch / engi alts that run those daily CDs every day. Whatever floats their boat.

Pretty much this. I'm also funding an Overwatch loot box habit. My plan is to max out all every class. I do it every expansion. It's fun to use the game to fund the game.

R2ZDyOa.jpg

DEAD INSIDE

Doing the missions every day is no big deal. I wouldn't level up 9 characters just to do this, but for someone who is the type to run 9 characters anyway, it's not much more of a leap to get a free ride by doing the missions.

Jag

Doing the missions every day is no big deal. I wouldn't level up 9 characters just to do this, but for someone who is the type to run 9 characters anyway, it's not much more of a leap to get a free ride by doing the missions.

Also it's fun to do the missions using the app. Sneaking in a few seconds of WoW in a meeting or the bathroom!

Dusted off my mage to complete the Legionfall campaign since it only had 5 quests to go, meme mount acquired...

I kinda like the mage class mount actually even if it is a bit underwhelming compared to other classes, but man was the Legionfall campaign a complete and utter disappointment. There's simply such a huge contrast in quality compared to the build up to the Nighthold with the Suramar campaign.

About the only positive thing I can think to say about the Legionfall campaign is it will be relatively quick and easier to play through the Broken Shore versus Suramar.

Lain

While I didn't like the aff lock changes, I'm loving the sub rogue ones. I finally feel like I'm doing some things right and they finally made pickpocketing worthwhile again, at least for some time.
My BM hunter is now a beast.

Edit: Oh, Thalyssra now offers the dungeon quests again to players that dropped them before curing her. I was just wondering if that would get fixed a couple days ago.

Tarazet

Not digging the affliction lock changes at the moment. I loved dumping dots and soulsucking away, redumping dots and back to soulsucking. Now that way to play simply isn't performing.
At least Hel'nurath was up so I got the last lock mount which is also the one I'm going to use, as it goes well with my purple weapon.

I've been messing around with all 3 specs in the past couple days, and Destruction is now my favorite spec for dungeons and questing. On raid bosses Demonology can pull ahead, and it suffers less from downtime issues when you have to move since your pets keep chomping away.

I just can't warm up to Affliction. You build the dots and channel Drain Soul and the bar just disappears.. but there's no satisfaction to it. It's empty. That's why I don't play it even though it actually does perform super well.

Top Bottom