• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Nokterian

Playing Blood Death Knight and they really rampen up the damage when doing solo like holy crap from all tanks i played this one takes the lead at least to me.

I'm not interested in playing again but I'd like to know did the story progress at all? I stopped playing shortly after ToV came out

Well, KJ and Guldan are dead forever now and Argus is now in the skies of Azeroth. We're about to launch an invasion of Argus and I assume fight Sageras.

Well, KJ and Guldan are dead forever now and Argus is now in the skies of Azeroth. We're about to launch an invasion of Argus and I assume fight Sageras.

idk there isn't anything that suggests Sargares himself is near Argus (he is several times the size of a planet) and I believe he is floating somewhere in the Great Dark Beyond moving towards where he thinks Azeroth is, which despite his power will still take eons because space is big. Also you can't fight Sargares. I think to actually beat him Azeroth would need to wake up and fight him. At most we will sacrifice our Artifacts to banish him or something,

But then I don't know who we would fight. Archimonde, Kil'Jaedan and Gul'dan are dead permanently.

VELEN HEEL TURN

I'm kinda bummed KJ is gone. Always been a neat villain imo.

He is far more interesting then Archimonde who is just chaotic evil, KJ had a bit more depth to him in being more forgiving to his subordinates who fail because he knows that he can wait a very very long time, but is also upset that Sargares' plans have come up empty but he still knows that fighting the Void is a zero sum game to begin with

I hope this is the right place to ask, i need some help regarding the purchase of game time. My nephew asked me whether i could buy him 30 days of game time for WoW1 (EU): Legion via paypal and i was happy to do it, but during checkout i get to a screen saying the following:

"Pay with (Name of my CC and the last 4 digits)

I want to use (name of CC + last 4 digits again) for all future purchases with Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. I understand this lets me check out faster by not having to log in to PayPal to finish my purchase. I understand that if i have a Paypal balance, that balance will be used first to complete my payment and that of my preferred payment method is expired or declined, Paypal will charge my backup payment method. I can change my preferred payment method or change this authorization at any time in my Account Profile at PayPal.com."

Underneath that text is a "Agree & Continue" button, but there's no way to uncheck that option or to proceed without agreeing to these terms. Is that a common thing nowadays?

I have no experience with Blizzard, but i've been using PayPal semi-regularly for around a decade now and i've never come across something like this. The whole point of using PP is so i don't have to put my CC info on file everywhere i go. I know it says that i can change it afterwards, but i'd rather not have to do it in the first place. Are there any ways around this, or any other places where i could purchase game time without hassle?

TheYanger

I hope this is the right place to ask, i need some help regarding the purchase of game time. My nephew asked me whether i could buy him 30 days of game time for WoW1 (EU): Legion via paypal and i was happy to do it, but during checkout i get to a screen saying the following:

Underneath that text is a "Agree & Continue" button, but there's no way to uncheck that option or to proceed without agreeing to these terms. Is that a common thing nowadays?

I have no experience with Blizzard, but i've been using PayPal semi-regularly for around a decade now and i've never come across something like this. The whole point of using PP is so i don't have to put my CC info on file everywhere i go. I know it says that i can change it afterwards, but i'd rather not have to do it in the first place. Are there any ways around this, or any other places where i could purchase game time without hassle?

That's a paypal message not a blizz one, if you're using paypal to pay it'll use your paypal settings by default always as far as I know, like my paypal will use my card, but paypal is the site with that information, not blizz.

Fjordson

Is the mobile app still busted for anybody else?
Nokterian's tip worked for me. Deleted it and re-downloaded from the app store.

He is far more interesting then Archimonde who is just chaotic evil, KJ had a bit more depth to him in being more forgiving to his subordinates who fail because he knows that he can wait a very very long time, but is also upset that Sargares' plans have come up empty but he still knows that fighting the Void is a zero sum game to begin with
Agreed. Just always liked knowing that he was in the background, somewhere. Sad to see him go now that he's seemingly forreal dead dead.

That's a paypal message not a blizz one, if you're using paypal to pay it'll use your paypal settings by default always as far as I know, like my paypal will use my card, but paypal is the site with that information, not blizz.

OK, but i have no idea how this hasn't come up with any of my other PayPal purchases, nor where in my account i can turn this off. It doesn't help that PP is so obtuse with its account design. :/

Edit:

I just tried buying something at another merchant and i don't get the aforementioned message when i go through PP checkout, so it doesn't seem to be tied to my personal PP settings.

idk there isn't anything that suggests Sargares himself is near Argus (he is several times the size of a planet) and I believe he is floating somewhere in the Great Dark Beyond moving towards where he thinks Azeroth is, which despite his power will still take eons because space is big. Also you can't fight Sargares. I think to actually beat him Azeroth would need to wake up and fight him. At most we will sacrifice our Artifacts to banish him or something,

But then I don't know who we would fight. Archimonde, Kil'Jaedan and Gul'dan are dead permanently.

VELEN HEEL TURN

Well, I mean, Illidan was dead and we helped resurrect him in the Nighthold. Gul'Dan's been dead before, most of the people in this thread may have had his skull in void storage, not like that stopped Blizzard from bringing another one from an alternate timeline/reality.

If they want to they'll find a way to bring back certain villains in future expansions. It's looking like there will be a new threat posed by the Lich King if the Death Kinght campaign is anything to go by.

Strimei

Oh WOW, some of the bosses of the raid...

BIG spoilers:

-Varimathras
-Aggramar (as in one of the Titans)
-Eonar (another Titan)
-Argus (yes, apparently the planet)

Syf

Banned
Oh WOW, some of the bosses of the raid...

BIG spoilers:

-Varimathras
-Aggramar (as in one of the Titans)
-Eonar (another Titan)
-Argus (yes, apparently the planet)
How the fuck are we supposed to fight titans lol. Azeroth must help somehow? What is going on

Syf

Banned
Spoiler image: Surface of Argus

D8LvLGT.jpg

Strimei

Hey you guys wanna see a new mount?

DDczBrXXoAEegi2.jpg

This is the likely mount's description:

Ur'zul
Formed from the tormented bodies and souls of fallen members of the Army of the Light, the Ur'zul is both fascinating and horrifying.
Drop: PH

Strimei

Dont you just love how back in the day we had like six mounts to choose from, now got hundreds.

Its overwhelming

When I was subbed, looking at the list I had (251 mounts) was pretty overwhelming at times, and yet I stuck with my usuals. I'm a hoarder, heh.

Though if you had given me a link of that monstrosity back in vanilla, I'd think it from another game. As grossed out as I am, I'm curious to see how it'll be animated.

Strimei

Say hello to (raid spoilers, final boss likely)
Argus
:

edit: Bosses in Raid are as follows:

-Garothi Worldbreaker
-Hounds of Sargeras
-War Council
-Portal Keeper Hasabel
-Eonar, the Lifebinder
-Imonar the Soulhunter
-Kin'garoth
-Varimathras
-The Coven of Shivarra
-Aggramar
-Argus the Unmaker

Strimei

wtf where is
sargerasas

Maybe
mythic only boss or phase. Alternatively, not used at all and saved for a later date.

Also clarification on some of the bosses:
it seems that we may free Eonar and Aggramar as their souls are apparently being tortured. Apparently some fragment of both survived Sargeras' killing them. The Coven of Shivarra are set to corrupting them. Eonar is a defensive fight where we protect her.

Maybe
mythic only boss or phase. Alternatively, not used at all and saved for a later date.

it seems that we may free Eonar and Aggramar as their souls are apparently being tortured. Apparently some fragment of both survived Sargeras' killing them. The Coven of Shivarra are set to corrupting them. Eonar is a defensive fight where we protect her.

When they died, their souls flew to the watchers on Azeroth like Freya and Odyn

Artanisix

Maybe

where are you pulling all that boss info from?

Yo, so I like those spoilers, and I'ma let ya'll finish, but why did they change the wow site so I can't see what i recently looted anymore?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
so basically this is the "end" of the story of world of warcraft as we may have imagined it like 5 years ago.

i wonder what happens after

Syf

Banned
Every member of the titan pantheon has a model in 7.3 except Sargeras. Even Aman'thul does, not just those titan bosses in the raid.
Biggest lore boner right now. I can't wait to see what goes down.

Tarazet

I turned on the XP for my level 98 Paladin twink again and hit Skyreach. I had done all of the Legion zones for the 800's, gotten 685's in every other slot, and gone up the artifact tree to the first golden dragon. It only took a couple pulls before I realized I was doing 80% of the group's damage, and that I could just as easily queue as tank since no one else could pull threat, including actual tanks.

I also had more hit points than some of the bosses. And this was an on-level dungeon.

Even though the character is useless, I'm going to miss the easy and essentially free of cost power trip. Now to rebuild as a twink at 101. God help my bank account.

Top Bottom