• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Just when you think you're close to finishing Suramar they hit you with this quest, Giving it all we got. I have to get 1600 mana to activate all the leyline feeds? How? Mana is hard to come by. Im never going to finish this fucking stupid zone.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Due to bugs with OpenGL on the PTR I managed to get a nice screenshot of Argus as seen from Coldridge Valley.

argus_wallpaperqpsl6.png

Mitch

Banned
Just when you think you're close to finishing Suramar they hit you with this quest, Giving it all we got. I have to get 1600 mana to activate all the leyline feeds? How? Mana is hard to come by. Im never going to finish this fucking stupid zone.
Nothing about Suramar is hard. Obtaining mana is piss easy. Finding the leyline feeds is easier.

Lain

Yeah getting mana is extremely easy. One has to simply go to the market area and loot all those ancient mana items. At 50/100 a pop filling up to 2k is a 5 minutes deal.

Arthos

Finally got my second legendary on my DH. Wish it were a trinket!

Have 2 left on normal ToS. I'm really liking the boss mechanics in this raid.

Also, T21 for DH looks like ass.

Corsick

Finally got my second legendary on my DH. Wish it were a trinket!

Have 2 left on normal ToS. I'm really liking the boss mechanics in this raid.

Also, T21 for DH looks like ass.

I haven't seen a single good looking DH set. I use the Shadowcraft set as a transmog.

Zelias

Banned
Logged in randomly because I was bored, ran Onyxia's Lair and... got the Drake. Huh. Guess the game really does want me to come back.

RPGCrazied

Fuck it. Watched the death scene. They're going with
redeeming
Kil'Jaeden? Okay then.
So Argus
is coming to the broken isles? Neat.

Really need to unlock flying. So far behind. Blah.

Playing 2 MMO's sucks sometimes.

Corsick

redeeming
Kil'Jaeden? Okay then.
So Argus

I keep looking at my rep bars thinking I'll never unlock flying.

Syf

Banned
Have you done the broken shore campaign? Doing those quests gives 1500 rep each. Kirin Tor emissary also gives 750. I don't think it takes too long to get the rep for flying these days, now that the whole legionfall quest line is available.

redeeming
Kil'Jaeden? Okay then.
So Argus

They didn't redeem KJ nor did he atone for anything. He simply was aware he was just another pawn.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe
mythic only boss or phase. Alternatively, not used at all and saved for a later date.

Also clarification on some of the bosses:
it seems that we may free Eonar and Aggramar as their souls are apparently being tortured. Apparently some fragment of both survived Sargeras' killing them. The Coven of Shivarra are set to corrupting them. Eonar is a defensive fight where we protect her.

I find it highly, extraordinarily unlikely the main bad guy is a Mythic-only phase.

Tarazet

My shaman got a 920 relic from LFR and 925 gloves from the weekend event. That one wasn't even a titanforge. Who needs to raid?

KLoWn

As a Warlock, is there a way to make my demon only appear during combat? I'm using an Infernal and he's in the fuckin way all the time. I'm trying to watch some events and he's all over the scene or just blocking the camera. So annoying.

To clarify, I want to have the demon summoned but non-visible unless there's a fight going on.

Lain

Killed a frog (Anax) with my rogue, looted a Sephuz (meh). One of the most WAT moments ever for me in WoW. I had no idea these rares could drop legendary items.

As a Warlock, is there a way to make my demon only appear during combat? I'm using an Infernal and he's in the fuckin way all the time. I'm trying to watch some events and he's all over the scene or just blocking the camera. So annoying.

To clarify, I want to have the demon summoned but non-visible unless there's a fight going on.

I'm back to the game after a long break, my highest character is a 90 Warlock, and I honestly stopped playing that toon due to the minion being in the fucking way. And I love that character/class, but I seriously don't remember the pet parking his fat ass right in front, where I'm trying to click, so often.

Changing topic, the leveling speed is insane now. I know you can turn it off (npc?), but I wish there was a simple checkbox in the options for 30% less, or something closer to vanilla gains. I'm going to be close to level 89 in the first area in Pandaria.

Leveling as a Mistweaver is so painful and boring now. Miss being a Windwalker-lite for PVE. Really wish they had doubled down on the stances and made fistweaving more of an overt thing, like crane stance was the melee equivalent of a disc priest, rather than trying to make Mistweaver more like every other healing spec in the game and stripping away some of the utility it used to have. It's more of a straightforward healing spec but it can be boring to play when you aren't healing someone, which wasn't the case with the spec before 7.0.

Just going to switch to Brew to faceroll through the PVE and back to MW for endgame and group content.

Changing topic, the leveling speed is insane now. I know you can turn it off (npc?), but I wish there was a simple checkbox in the options for 30% less, or something closer to vanilla gains. I'm going to be close to level 89 in the first area in Pandaria.

Basically you can outlevel an entire expansion with some modest queuing in the dungeon finder and by playing through the starter zone in each xpac. Only Wrath and WoD stick around for more than one zone.

You can stay and level but the exp gains fall off, only real reason to play through older content now is because you want to loremaster it.

Tarazet

Leveling as a Mistweaver is so painful and boring now. Miss being a Windwalker-lite for PVE. Really wish they had doubled down on the stances and made fistweaving more of an overt thing, like crane stance was the melee equivalent of a disc priest, rather than trying to make Mistweaver more like every other healing spec in the game and stripping away some of the utility it used to have. It's more of a straightforward healing spec but it can be boring to play when you aren't healing someone, which wasn't the case with the spec before 7.0.

Just going to switch to Brew to faceroll through the PVE and back to MW for endgame and group content.

I had the same idea, but I went WW to give it a try. I remembered when we were doing progression on Emerald Nightmare, we had a Windwalker who didn't have a ton of gear, but he did stupendous burst damage especially on AoE.

So after I hit 110 I queued for a random normal, got BRH. Item level 810 and I sustained over 400k for the entire dungeon. No third relic slot, only a couple points in the weapon, green trinkets and jewelry, no consumables.

It's like with WW you get all of your damage at a very low gear level, but it doesn't scale very well as you get more gear.

13 guilds on 7/9, and it's Sunday. I wonder if Mythic Kil'jaeden might just survive the week.

No way it doesn't live at this point. Won't be enough time to get KJ if anyone can even make it past Fallen Avatar this week. Avatar is seemingly a huge gear/comp check, besides difficult mechanics.

Unless KJ is a joke like Xavius was, which is highly unlikely.

The only way guilds might get enough gear at this week seemingly is lucky titanforging from high M+.

Fjordson

My shaman got a 920 relic from LFR and 925 gloves from the weekend event. That one wasn't even a titanforge. Who needs to raid?
Fuuck, grats man. High forged relics are always a good pickup.

I'm trying to switch to unholy on my DK, but I haven't been able to catch up on relics yet. Artifact is only 900 ilvl =[

Tarazet

Fuuck, grats man. High forged relics are always a good pickup.

I'm trying to switch to unholy on my DK, but I haven't been able to catch up on relics yet. Artifact is only 900 ilvl =[

The problem I have with the shaman is that the BIS trinket is from 3 raid tiers ago. The best Bloodthirsty Instinct I've been able to get was 870 with a socket, which isn't exactly garbage, but c'mon, it's from Ursoc. I should be moving on by now. The other trinket is an 885 Ethereal Urn which similarly is not going to be replaced for a while.

erawsd

did you guys see this fan made Naxx trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNOxz9paA6E

It's amazing.

Oh nice, Blizzard hired the guy that made this:

I've received a phone call day later from someone at Blizzard who probably saw this particular trailer and was curious if I'd be willing to do such trailers in Blizzard's name.
We're having lengthy discussions about all sorts of technical stuff at this point. It looks pretty okay, deal is not closed yet, but I'm gonna go for it and try to raise the bar again... much higher this time. PogChamp
So, to wrap things up - don't make anymore comments such as "BLIZZARD HIRE THIS MAN"... they just did. :)
Thank you guys, you've pushed me just far enough. I'll not let you down!

https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/comments/534bsz/blizzard_just_asked_me_to_make_videos_for_them/

Rambaldi

We spent 2.5 hours last night learning mechanics and wiping to N Kil'jaeden. He hits like a truck. I've read some people are saying he's overtuned but I've also only gotten two upgrades out of Tomb so far. I'm a heroic NH geared blood dk but I'm still just like getting murdered.

Corpekata

Banned
I think N KJ's felclaws will probably end up seeing a nerf. At this point normal KJ feels way too reliant on the tanks (and I suppose healers to the extent they can keep them up) in its current format, at least on normal, and I'd imagine the classes with less physical mitigation like Demon Hunters are probably getting chewed up.

TheYanger

We spent 2.5 hours last night learning mechanics and wiping to N Kil'jaeden. He hits like a truck. I've read some people are saying he's overtuned but I've also only gotten two upgrades out of Tomb so far. I'm a heroic NH geared blood dk but I'm still just like getting murdered.

Rune Tap the last two hits of felclaws, otherwise just gotta be prepared with VB every time and full RP.

KJ hits VERY hard on all difficulties.

I think N KJ's felclaws will probably end up seeing a nerf. At this point normal KJ feels way too reliant on the tanks (and I suppose healers to the extent they can keep them up) in its current format, at least on normal, and I'd imagine the classes with less physical mitigation like Demon Hunters are probably getting chewed up.

Do you even Demon Spikes bro?

Top Bottom