• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

I had the same idea, but I went WW to give it a try. I remembered when we were doing progression on Emerald Nightmare, we had a Windwalker who didn't have a ton of gear, but he did stupendous burst damage especially on AoE.

So after I hit 110 I queued for a random normal, got BRH. Item level 810 and I sustained over 400k for the entire dungeon. No third relic slot, only a couple points in the weapon, green trinkets and jewelry, no consumables.

It's like with WW you get all of your damage at a very low gear level, but it doesn't scale very well as you get more gear.

Went a different route and started using Chen Stormstout as a bodyguard instead. Normally don't start using a bodyguard until I'm 110, have more followers and they have the OH/G bonus per quest trinkets but he actually does a decent job of tanking trash mobs for me, even uses interrupts. I can alternate between doing ghetto dps and healing him.

frontovik

Banned
So annoyed that my guild and I didn't seize the opportunities to farm Naxxramas during TBC era .. any chance at T3 and Corrupted Ashbringer would've been relatively easier then.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Any Hunter's here that can tell me the best setup of champions for the order hall missions?

I think it sort of doesn't matter since there is a huge range of missions now and you can have all but 2 champions.

Also apparently meatball is really good, so get him

carlsojo

Black Temple's my favorite trailer. Zul'Aman was great too. Man, everything about the game was so good then.

Best one.

Gather heroes, sound the drums
The Thunder King comes
The Thunder King comes

Also, it might be soonish? but it would be cool if Argus's release date (or the raid's) release date coincided with the twenty-third anniversary of Warcraft: Orcs & Humans on November 23.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So annoyed that my guild and I didn't seize the opportunities to farm Naxxramas during TBC era .. any chance at T3 and Corrupted Ashbringer would've been relatively easier then.

Relatively, yes. But from what I've heard even during TBC is was a bit of a chore to do

Brohan

I think it sort of doesn't matter since there is a huge range of missions now and you can have all but 2 champions.

Also apparently meatball is really good, so get him

Thanks for the info, didnt even know you could get meatball since hé isn't listed under uncollected champions.

As someone that missed out on the past couple of expansions and is catching up, is there anything worth doing, or "needed" about the garrison now? I imagine anything you can get is worthless the second you step into Legion, so I've just been doing it for a little fun or distraction I guess. I focus on leveling/solo play, if that helps.

As someone that missed out on the past couple of expansions and is catching up, is there anything worth doing, or "needed" about the garrison now? I imagine anything you can get is worthless the second you step into Legion, so I've just been doing it for a little fun or distraction I guess. I focus on leveling/solo play, if that helps.

The stable that you can build allows you to get a bunch of mounts pretty easily if you do all of the quests. And the naval side of the missions has a mount and pet.

TheYanger

Relatively, yes. But from what I've heard even during TBC is was a bit of a chore to do

Eh there were pugs all the time. You only needed to be marginally competent for most of the zone and you could just kick shitters. I just rarely went because it DID require a bit of organization, it wasn't just a stomp. regret it now.

Nokterian

Always fun getting these two sets complete with ease since it is the starting sets for DK.

wowscrnshot_070517_00d8sy0.jpg

Some WoD profession stuff is still worthwhile in Legion. WoD tailoring, for example, is still relevant because Hexweave Bags move at a decent clip still because they're the same size as Legion's Imbued Silkweave Bags and don't involve a end-game quest chain to unlock the recipe. Having an active Barn, and Tailoring Hut are still worthwhile.

Tarazet

Some WoD profession stuff is still worthwhile in Legion. WoD tailoring, for example, is still relevant because Hexweave Bags move at a decent clip still because they're the same size as Legion's Imbued Silkweave Bags and don't involve a end-game quest chain to unlock the recipe. Having an active Barn, and Tailoring Hut are still worthwhile.

Draenic Invisibility Potions work the same way as Skaggyldrynks (except on that alchemy quest I think). Each one takes 3 flesh from a Crescent Saberfish and a Jawless Skulker. If you have 700 fishing or higher, each catch will give you 5 flesh, so it takes literally 2 casts in Gorgrond to get the mats for one of these potions. Oh, and did I mention you don't even need Alchemy to make them? All you need is a level 1 Alchemy hut.

There are also the Engineering items, but you can get those out of a Blingtron 5000 so they are a lot more common.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Transmog hit WoW in 4.3 - believe that was 2011. Diablo III was released in 2012.

He was probably referring to the total overhaul to how the system works with account-wide, permanent unlocks of appearances. That was straight out of D3.

Damn they make everything in this game such a pain in the ass, and a grind to attain, even in older content. Frostwolf mount? Max rep. 5k gold. 5k crystals. Just...fuck off, game. No fun allowed Blizzard.

Any suggestions for the quickest way to get through balance of power on an alt? I have two more I want to do and I'm DREADING it.

Quickest way is just to run the content I guess? For the portal shard farming thing the Moonclaw Vale imp things respawn really fast. EN is two weeks max now. Nightshard at least two probably, maybe three with shit RNG.

Spec heal for the raids if you can. Tanks were always easy enough to find but healers could be a bit annoying. I main bear on my druid but I ended up healing most of it. And this is despite most groups cutting a heal spot or two to take more DPS.

And just bail on a bad pug if signs are that it will be bad. It's not worth the time to see it out. If they wipe on normal Botanist it's not worth your time. It can all be done quickly and cleanly in pugs so don't have low standards.

Also don't rush it. If you miss a week no big deal. People will be stomping these raids for the appearance and for legs for a long time so no need to fret about it. I work alts through it when I'm bored or waiting for something else etc.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Wasn't Jim the world boss just last week?

He was, but I think Blizz is just 'resetting' with the new actual 'schedule' now, instead of having it be random and having some people get effed out of artifact appearances.

I can't complain, got two arcanocrystals (even if they were only 860 and 865) on fresh-ish alts.

Fjordson

Jim just gave me Eye of the Twisting Nether on my shaman so I can't complain.

Finally, despite playing him since launch, I have two DPS legendaries on my shaman!

erawsd

He was probably referring to the total overhaul to how the system works with account-wide, permanent unlocks of appearances. That was straight out of D3.

Yeah, though I imagine we would have gotten an appearance tab regardless. Its such a natural place for that feature settle. Not sure I could say the same about Rifts or even the Legendary system.

First time doing the Legion intro scenario. Everybody else left/dropped, so doing it solo and undergeared (little less than half way through WOD I guess and wanted to check it out). It's like I'm wearing paper armor, and All Eyez on Me as far as agro goes.

Damn they make everything in this game such a pain in the ass, and a grind to attain, even in older content. Frostwolf mount? Max rep. 5k gold. 5k crystals. Just...fuck off, game. No fun allowed Blizzard.

It's not supposed to be something you get right away with minimal time investment. You're complaining about pre-Tanaan WoD "end-game". There really wasn't much to do in Warlords before 6.2 outside of Ashran, Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry, those garrison blue bar dailies to grind out faction rep, earn Apexis and buy mounts, toys and crap were kind of it. All of those crappy wolves, elekks, and boar re-skins were all you had to aim for if you weren't heavy into PVP, raiding or rolling alts.

It's not supposed to be something you get right away with minimal time investment. You're complaining about pre-Tanaan WoD "end-game". There really wasn't much to do in Warlords before 6.2 outside of Ashran, Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry, those garrison blue bar dailies to grind out faction rep, earn Apexis and buy mounts, toys and crap were kind of it. All of those crappy wolves, elekks, and boar re-skins were all you had to aim for if you weren't heavy into PVP, raiding or rolling alts.

The cost should be reduced on all the Garrison upgrades and rep grinding rewards then, since the game levels you past everything at light speed to get into Legion.

erawsd

The cost should be reduced on all the Garrison upgrades and rep grinding rewards then, since the game levels you past everything at light speed to get into Legion.

They’ve never really reduced the grind for frivolous rewards though. The idea being that you should have to go through the same motions as the people who earned them originally.

They did adjust one aspect of WoD and basically made the tier 2 garrison upgrade free.

Nothing in Draenor is necessary for you to get into Legion content, particularly not a Frostwolf rep mount. That stuff is there for completionists sake at this point, you can do it if you want it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
blizz gave me a 7 day pass thing, I tried to go back but man..its hard mid-expansion (always is for me) :/

I actually wish reputation mounts were still that easy to get. Now, not only do you need max reputation, but you also need another ten thousand reputation on top of that to earn a chest in hopes of the mount to drop.

You still need to pay up for the larger hall and all the other buildings, but since they removed and/or greatly reduced any gold making missions, you won't even break even now, let alone make a big profit. I'm just saying...they changed it so you can't make gold that way, fine, but why keep it just as expensive to make?

Syf

Banned
I actually wish reputation mounts were still that easy to get. Now, not only do you need max reputation, but you also need another ten thousand reputation on top of that to earn a chest in hopes of the mount to drop.
Yep.. I do like the idea of further rep gains after exalted counting for something, but I feel like it should be smaller stuff like AP or whatever, just small rewards for continuing to do the WQs. Don't lock the actual exalted rewards behind RNG.

Rambaldi

I tanked KJ tonight with the suggested swapped talents (Spectral and Rune Tap) and they helped a lot. We didn't down him but we did much better. Thanks guys!

Now if people could get better at soaking Armageddon we might actually have a shot.

You still need to pay up for the larger hall and all the other buildings, but since they removed and/or greatly reduced any gold making missions, you won't even break even now, let alone make a big profit. I'm just saying...they changed it so you can't make gold that way, fine, but why keep it just as expensive to make?

They made the tier two upgrade free because that's the one upgrade that's "necessary" for questing progression in WoD, you will outlevel Warlords of Dreanor PVE by the time you hit Talador, maybe even before in Gorgrond if you're fastidious about doing the bonus objectives and clearing up all of the treasures in Frostfire and Gorgrond before moving on to Talador.

You don't need to build anything in your garrison, you can get the bare minimum required by questing for free. Professions quests will appear which will give you your main profession building for free. The level 2 garrison upgrade is free. The cost for plans and upgrades is inconsequential. 5000 gold is not a lot of money. Get to current content, you'll make that much alone clearing a Legion PVE zone.

You don't need to do anything in your garrison, you can choose to but it's not necessary.

Yup. Rep mounts are basically a raid drop now. I wish I could do something as easy as farm up 5K Gold and Apexis to buy the Valajar, Court of Farondis and Dreamweaver mounts.

Lain

After the nerf to the gold making missions from Garrisons, yeah, they should have nerfed the cost of most shit, especially garrison upgrades. Even if the leveling wasn't so fast, you wouldn't make much money in WoD compared to how much you'd have to pay.

Lain

900ilvl gear is nothing nowadays, but I was overjoyed when I opened my nightfallen chest and this cloak popped out:
JTyc.png

Jim still gave me nothing though even while I was flaunting my new awesome cloak.

So this is sort of crazy: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/6le98k/my_character_is_unable_to_receive_a_certain/

The idea that you could earn a legendary but never have it put in your inventory or mailed to you and also not notice until you have every other one for that spec is sort of annoying. This guy earned his final one at some point but still did weeks of farming in vain since he never actually received it.

Like I know it's unlikely for that to happen to my characters, but eeeeeek.

Setzer

So my evening in WoW started off pretty shitty last night. For some reason I thought the Midsummer event didn't end until 11:59pm so I was saddened when I went to que for the Frost Lord Ahune fight and it wasn't there but then that quickly turned to anger when I realized that the currency for the event disappears. Now I know its probably been this way since they introduced it but this is the first Midsummer festival I've done in probably 6-7 years. So yah, not a good feeling when I've been logging in on 3 different characters doing the dailies and such, saving up those burning blossoms to buy some of the event items.

But all is mostly good now as I did my weekly Tempest Keep run and the Ashes of Al'ar mount dropped! Finally!!

Top Bottom