• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

EmiPrime

The Shaman campaign is Blizzard just playing fast and loose with their lore / world over and over and Magatha happens to be to be most egregious part.

It really is a mess. I was stupefied when I read it on Wowpedia, it defies words.

The Vanessa VanCleef reveal during the rogue campaign is awful too.

Zelias

Banned
The Shaman campaign is Blizzard just playing fast and loose with their lore / world over and over and Magatha happens to be to be most egregious part.
Yeah... it's a mess. And really, it should have been one of the better ones. Neptulon really deserved something better than 'I just beat Ozumat offscreen lol'.

TheYanger

Meanwhile DK campaign over here just literally taking every cool NPC that is dead and going "Nah you're mine now"

It's by far the shittiest follower ability, but I actually love hitting the Mograine class hall ability and hearing shit like "COWER BEFORE THE FOUR HORSEMEN" while my dudes trample everything for like 2 damage.

That whole storyline reminds me so much of my Trooper in SWTOR, where you end up with this badass military unit and you get to stand around looking like pimps.
aonxZYZ.jpg

EDIT: I probably should've used something so I didn't look like a baby next to them.

Savitar

Meanwhile DK campaign over here just literally taking every cool NPC that is dead and going "Nah you're mine now"

It's by far the shittiest follower ability, but I actually love hitting the Mograine class hall ability and hearing shit like "COWER BEFORE THE FOUR HORSEMEN" while my dudes trample everything for like 2 damage.

That whole storyline reminds me so much of my Trooper in SWTOR, where you end up with this badass military unit and you get to stand around looking like pimps.

EDIT: I probably should've used something so I didn't look like a baby next to them.

The cutest lil Death Knight. Yes you are. Yes you are.

I like the mage class hall followers

We got a fucking mage who does tricks
A blood elf who burns things
A dragon

Then the others who are just there.

Savitar

I like the mage class hall followers

We got a fucking mage who does tricks
A blood elf who burns things
A dragon

Then the others who are just there.

But you get the best class mount!

I'm sorry, so so sorry.

Your class hall also looks like a giant butt plug.

I thought they said that the Nightfallen quests were no longer rep gated, but I'm now at the "Growing Strong" quest, and will still have to grind out rep to finish it out.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How easy is it to solo Mythic Blackrock Foundry at an ilvl around 925? I'm guessing you have to be a tank for that? There is some sets I would like to get in there, but maybe I need to wait for next expansion for that.

TheYanger

How easy is it to solo Mythic Blackrock Foundry at an ilvl around 925? I'm guessing you have to be a tank for that? There is some sets I wuuld like to get in there, but maybe I need to wait for next expansion for that.

I haven't done it, but barring some specific mechanic that makes it impossible you should be fine in terms of dps and surviving. That's high enough to do HFC for most classes.

Syf

Banned
I thought they said that the Nightfallen quests were no longer rep gated, but I'm now at the "Growing Strong" quest, and will still have to grind out rep to finish it out.
The quest chain to go to exalted still exists but it isn't tied to anything anymore. You can finish everything but that one chain.

Renekton

How easy is it to solo Mythic Blackrock Foundry at an ilvl around 925? I'm guessing you have to be a tank for that? There is some sets I would like to get in there, but maybe I need to wait for next expansion for that.
I think for Iron Maidens, you may need a friend to help out.

Rizzi

Wheee, got a second legendary on my warlock.
Sacrolash's Dark Strike. Now I just need to get decent trinkets that aren't just terrible stat sticks, and I'll be golden.

The quest chain to go to exalted still exists but it isn't tied to anything anymore. You can finish everything but that one chain.

I mean you can't get A Growing Crisis, or A Change of Seasons, so you can't finish it without grinding out rep still. Still half way to go until revered, and if the other one is still opened at exalted, then screw it. I thought it was wide open now to do on alts.

It may be that you need to do the EN raid. Not sure.

I mean you can't get A Growing Crisis, or A Change of Seasons, so you can't finish it without grinding out rep still. Still half way to go until revered, and if the other one is still opened at exalted, then screw it. I thought it was wide open now to do on alts.

It may be that you need to do the EN raid. Not sure.
I don’t know how gated they are, but I was recently able to finish the area with 7000/21000 revered. Just remember that quests won’t show up if the NPC is in their withered state. You gotta feed them mana to see the exclamation point. Took me forever to figure that out.

Bisnic

I think for Iron Maidens, you may need a friend to help out.

Mythic Blast Furnace can't even be done without a priest from what I've seen...

Yeah, can't see myself doing this unless Blizzard remove that requirement. Well I guess that doesn't stop me from doing the rest I guess lol.

Savitar

yes

whenever I ride my beyblade
I ride with violence
and I ride with partial nudity

You are the cores of hard.

Mythic Blast Furnace can't even be done without a priest from what I've seen...

Yeah, can't see myself doing this unless Blizzard remove that requirement. Well I guess that doesn't stop me from doing the rest I guess lol.

They will. It's like in ICC with the dragon that you had to heal. They changed it so you could run right around her.

He hinted towards an upcoming episode which might be about the fall of the Titans, Sargeras betrayal and Aggramar's desperate plight to reason with his former friend and mentor.

This three parter is also one of my favorites. It follows the ancient age of Azeroth, the arrival of the Old Gods and the later Titans who created the Titanforged to subdue and imprison the Old Gods from destroying our World Soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0qzrM5_5mc

Kinda late, but I gotta say that this channel is damn awesome. It's absurd that it isn't more well known.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Wow the healer mage tower challenge is now so much easier than 30 item levels ago. I mean, makes sense, but damn.

Rizzi

Something bugs me about affliction. Why is soul shard generation so low compared to destruction and demonology? I'm unable to keep UA on most targets because I just don't have the soul shards.

Probably need to move WoW off my SSD and to my HDD soon. Easily the biggest file on my SSD (taking probably around 40-45% of the space) and it's just getting to be too much as I slowly accumulate other files/applications.

Will be interested to see how much of a performance hit that makes.

I'll upgrade the SSD sometime in the future (probably RAM from 16 to 32GB too - I'm a browser tab fiend), but it's not something I can afford to do right now, especially when the simple solution is just to move a game off.

cdyhybrid

Probably need to move WoW off my SSD and to my HDD soon. Easily the biggest file on my SSD (taking probably around 40-45% of the space) and it's just getting to be too much as I slowly accumulate other files/applications.

I'll upgrade the SSD sometime in the future (probably RAM from 16 to 32GB too - I'm a browser tab fiend), but it's not something I can afford to do right now, especially when the simple solution is just to move a game off.

I have pretty much only my OS and WOW on my SSD. Everything else is on the HDD.

Yeah I can't wait to build a PC with a 4TB SSD and never worry about multiple drive management again!

For what it's worth, double check your install size. WoW should be somewhere around 40GB but the patcher doesn't delete old files that become redundant after updates, so if it's been a while since you last installed the game you might find the game is using way more space than it should, which can be fixed by uninstalling/reinstalling (a hassle I know, but if you're thinking of switching drives anyway). Some people have reported install sizes of almost 100GB because of this patcher issue, which is a major problem for SSD users.

Rizzi

Three relinquished necklaces today. Everything was versatility.

I have had nothing but trinkets with int and a secondary stat. I don't even want something good anymore, just something different.

Okay, what the hell. I got one legendary last week, nothing until yesterday and then one just now.
A little inconsistent, but hey I'll take it.

I actually can't stand that guy's voice. I found it impossible to get through the first episode :/

It grew on me over the episodes, it seemed like he found the right tone as it went on.

Anyway, FUCK that DK Blood Artifact challenge, with Kruul. I tried it 45 times, got WAY too close to killing him. Then I was hit by a stray Infernal and plunged to my death(Glider on CD) or a bunch of those little fuckers appeared, didn't aggro on me, went directly for Velen and destroyed him in a second. Now I have to farm for Nethershards.

If someone told me the drop rate for legendaries was cut to 0.000000001% since the 7.3 patch, I'd believe them. And I'm talking characters with zero legendaries. :-/

Bisnic

If someone told me the drop rate for legendaries was cut to 0.000000001% since the 7.3 patch, I'd believe them. And I'm talking characters with zero legendaries. :-/

When I got my DH to lvl 110 about a week ago, I got its first legendary in the first emissary cache I opened.

RNG will RNG I guess?

When I got my DH to lvl 110 about a week ago, I got its first legendary in the first emissary cache I opened.

RNG will RNG I guess?

Yeah. My first 110 got a legendary from the first cache, and then another a few days later. Zero or one on the rest of my 110s.

Zelias

Banned
Finally finished all the class mount questlines, though I've still got to get most of the recolours for those classes that have them. Warlock was the last one I did and it was... weirdly hard, especially compared to the other class mount quests? Turns out if you soulstone and rez, you can then enslave the boss's mount and complete it anyway.

lazygecko

Recolors are locked behind requirements for certian classes? I assumed the skin would just change depending on your spec. That's how it is for shamans and warriors which are the ones I completed.

Zelias

Banned
Recolors are locked behind requirements for certian classes? I assumed the skin would just change depending on your spec. That's how it is for shamans and warriors which are the ones I completed.
Depends on the class. Some classes have one mount that changes based on spec, but a few have recolours that are actually separate mounts.

I will say the past two dungeons I've been in, other people have received legendaries. Heroic dungeons.

Is there no raid lock with doing different wings via LFR? Only Legion raid I've done is EN, and we completed the entire thing, but I want to break up Nighthold and ToS into smaller chunks so I'm not in there forever.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I will say the past two dungeons I've been in, other people have received legendaries. Heroic dungeons.

Is there no raid lock with doing different wings via LFR? Only Legion raid I've done is EN, and we completed the entire thing, but I want to break up Nighthold and ToS into smaller chunks so I'm not in there forever.

You are loot-locked, not locked to a specific raid ID. You are only eligible for loot from the boss once a week, but you can go into as many raids as you want.

with lfr there is. its split up like -

skorp, ca, trilliax
spellblade, augur, botanit
krosus, tich, elisande
guldan

goroth, di, harjatan
mistress, sisters, dh
maiden, avatar
kj

Top Bottom