• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Pre-purchase about to begin

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
They put up a new splash page:

frontpaget0pmf.png

injurai

Banned
wait... there is another expansion??

I assumed there would be, but I never even heard about it? Are the expansions direct to dvd now or something?

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Considering its unlikely that this is going to be available first day of fall, we're looking at 13-15 months of SoO? That would make this the longest content gap ever right?

Doran902

Will people stick around for another 7-10 months of siege?

I stuck it out through wrath but not in Cata.

I hope the game does well, warlords looks like the most interesting thing to me since wrath / bc.

Aesthet1c

Pretty shitty of them to make it $50.

I also don't like the "Hey, buy our game even though we don't know when it's going to release."

If I do end up getting this, there is no reason to do it until the game is about to release.

Mogwai

Will people stick around for another 7-10 months of siege?

I stuck it out through wrath but not in Cata.

I hope the game does well, warlords looks like the most interesting thing to me since wrath / bc.
I've done Siege once in LFR and it's a pain the effing arse. It's even more boring than Dragon Soul. SoO has way too much trash too.

7 months with SoO is torture.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
I really couldn't give a fuck about new pve content but my arena addiction means I'll basically pay whatever they ask. Won't be getting that CE though.

Berordn

wait... there is another expansion??

I assumed there would be, but I never even heard about it? Are the expansions direct to dvd now or something?

But it got announced last fall? We get new info on it every week or so with a constant stream of updates on twitter.

I really hope Blizzard does something to further the WarCraft storyline with the expansion after this. While they've certainly shown some cool things in Cataclysm, Pandaria and probably Draenor, the story has gone absolutely no where since Wrath of the Lich King in the grand scheme.

Sophia

Considering its unlikely that this is going to be available first day of fall, we're looking at 13-15 months of SoO? That would make this the longest content gap ever right?

It's sad that I have so little faith in Blizzard that I can't say something like "I expect they've got a mini patch in the works so people don't get too bored!"

Because it's entirely possible they don't, and it wouldn't be unprecedented after this happening at least three times in a row.

Amneisac

My sub will lapse this month. I was going to wait until the expansion, but at $50, I might just have to keep waiting for a sale. That's just too fucking much money for a game with a $15 sub fee. I'm not even against the $15 sub fee, but you don't get $15 a month for minimal updates for a year and then hit people with a $50 expansion. That's fucking bullshit.

Is there anything unique about it over the other expansions in content that justifies them pricing it $10 more? This seems ridiculous.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is there anything unique about it over the other expansions in content that justifies them pricing it $10 more? This seems ridiculous.

It comes with a level 90 char boost, which they have priced at $60 itself. It's still bullshit though, that was advertised as a free included feature and now we are being forced to pay $10 more for it even if we don't really care about it.

Ogawa-san

I had a bit of a hard time paying the extra $39 practically every year because it was on top of a $13 recurring subscription, and now it's $10 more. The free char boost isn't added value when I already have 10 lv90s.

If I were still playing I'd still begrudgingly pay as usual, but now that I'm not it might just keep me away. I've spent $10 in many stupider ways but this price increase with no real value added is bullshit.

Berordn

I really hope Blizzard does something to further the WarCraft storyline with the expansion after this. While they've certainly shown some cool things in Cataclysm, Pandaria and probably Draenor, the story has gone absolutely no where since Wrath of the Lich King in the grand scheme.

Pandaria's the first time we've actually seen them further the story. It introduced us to more of Azeroth's history and of threats looming in the distance.

All Cata and Wrath did were tie up some loose ends from the RTSes.

It's sad that I have so little faith in Blizzard that I can't say something like "I expect they've got a mini patch in the works so people don't get too bored!"

Because it's entirely possible they don't, and it wouldn't be unprecedented after this happening at least three times in a row.

I still love their justification for not giving us an event for MoP, being that it'd only give us something to do for a month when we hadn't had anything to do for nearly 11 beforehand.

Do not want to detract from the topic, but I always question myself whenever I see another wow update.

I have a hard tie imagining how people justify support blizzard on a business/ideolgical level.

Is the new PvE content that good that people want to subject themselves to giving money to them?

Is the coop/social nature of the game that good?

etc...

Anyone?

Having only played wow up to level 20 I cannot comment too much at all about the game. But, the way blizzard produces games seems the exact opposite of a game company I would want to support.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait what? this one is more expensive? lol?

Im still buying it (sigh) but what the fuck?

Yoda

wait what? this one is more expensive? lol?

Im still buying it (sigh) but what the fuck?

Exploiting the fact that Blizzard's fan-base will never tell them no.

Micro transactions for:
-Boosts
-Cosmetic Armor
-Pets
-Race Changes
-Appearance Changes
-Server Transfers
-Faction Transfers
-Mounts

Remember when everyone said it was only going to be pets? Then only pets and Mounts? Then...

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Well I cancelled my sub today, I'll be back for WoD but jeeeezuz I cannot stomach the game anymore much less for 6 more months of this.

I'll cancel my sub and come back later so I don't burn my self out.

Zelias

Banned
More expensive and they've failed yet again to make good on their assertions that they're trying to get expansions out faster.

Think I'll pass.

Salamando

Do not want to detract from the topic, but I always question myself whenever I see another wow update.

I have a hard tie imagining how people justify support blizzard on a business/ideolgical level.

Is the new PvE content that good that people want to subject themselves to giving money to them?

Is the coop/social nature of the game that good?

etc...

Anyone?

Having only played wow up to level 20 I cannot comment too much at all about the game. But, the way blizzard produces games seems the exact opposite of a game company I would want to support.

WoW is a lot like a local bar. It might not be the best, but its familiar. And if all your friends hang out there too, you know you're in for some good conversation.

Cipherr

Higher price is SUPER fucking shitty.

1 Year between content releases is the exact shit they have been swearing they wouldnt repeat since fucking BC or some such. Awful awful stuff.

This expac had better be the bees knees or they have another huge dip in subs to look forward to over the next 2 years.

Edit: And yes, the people that are paying to play the game, like the game. Shocking news there, lol.

RPGCrazied

Nah. I'm not preordering until we get a real date. I want that CE though. Won't preorder on placeholder/release window dates.

Jarnet87

How I feel about these scum bags jacking up their expansion another $10.

rolleyesprince-vi.gif

How I'll feel after I succumb to the darkness.

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Exploiting the fact that Blizzard's fan-base will never tell them no.

Micro transactions for:
-Boosts
-Cosmetic Armor
-Pets
-Race Changes
-Appearance Changes
-Server Transfers
-Faction Transfers
-Mounts

Remember when everyone said it was only going to be pets? Then only pets and Mounts? Then...

Aside from boosts, there is really nothing wrong with that list. All either totally unnecessary cosmetic fluff, which is always fair game for micro-transactions, or premium services.

Dawg

That better be a good looking mousepad!

I'll buy it for €89,99. Hell, I'm a sucker for their CE's. I remember it being like €59,99 when MoP hit though.

Sober

I'm going to resub for this, aren't I?

I wonder if any of the friends I met through WoW still play. Hearing that Siege of Org is going for the ICC/DS raid length makes me think no.

To be fair the expansion does come with a free level 90 which is going to sell for like $50 by itself.

My sarcasm meter might be busted. the 90 boost is already ridiculously overpriced and isn't worth ten extra bucks on the digital only version of the expansion.

$70 for a mount and a pet in the digital deluxe version is straight highway robbery. I remember all the physical goodies that came with retail collector's editions.

Berordn

Aside from boosts, there is really nothing wrong with that list. All either totally unnecessary cosmetic fluff, which is always fair game for micro-transactions, or premium services.

After recently returning to the game but to a new daughter account (for reasons), some of those premium services really are in prime rip-off territory. None of them necessary, admittedly, but we could probably cut the price on race/faction transfers if the boost is only going to be 5 dollars more than the two.

Norns

Great, now to decide what to use my boost on.

Oh, I'm supposed to complain about the price increase aren't I? Honestly doesn't bother me. It's better than a monthly price increase.

Top Bottom