• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World War Z passes 1 million copies sold in a week

mcz117chief

Nah not everything. If you have a boring ass friends then nothing is fun. As I said before many times, the game is average, nothing special yet very fun with friends
All right, but just for the record you are going in a circle. You say "bad friends make bad experiences" which is obviously true, but also "good friends make good experiences" is also true, so it really doesn't say anything about the game, only that if you have some fine pals you will have fun, but there are many seriously amazing coop games which are fun solo and with friends, for example Warhammer Vermintide, L4D, Foxhole, Overwatch and many many others. So the fact that you call WWZ an "average game" means it really isn't any fun unless you got some solid friends in which case you will have, most likely, more fun with the other games that I mentioned. I'm sure that for some WWZ is anything but average and will tell me how amazing the game is for that and that reason, which is more what I am looking for honestly. Just saying the game is average doesn't tell me much, unless it is that kind of "average" average game, which are honestly one of the worst games since they aren't good or bad they just are and you can't siphon much fun from them like you can from some seriously buggy or messed up games or from awesome, top of the crop games.

Mista

Banned
So the fact that you call WWZ an "average game" means it really isn't any fun unless you got some solid friends in which case you will have, most likely, more fun with the other games that I mentioned. I'm sure that for some WWZ is anything but average and will tell me how amazing the game is for that and that reason, which is more what I am looking for honestly.
But that’s what I have been saying since the beginning? The game isn’t worth it without friends. Not like the other games you wrote which I definitely enjoyed solo and with friends

Saber

Gold Member
Does anybody who actually plays can tell me about the game difficulty?

So far the videos I saw looks damn easy...unless people only plays this game at baby mode.

Solarstrike

Well deserved. Game is an absolute riot and the most important point in gaming, fun. Unless you have a worthy team trained in the fine arts of zombie killing, playing on any difficulty under Hard just doesn't cut it. World War Z is more than worthy of a continuation (sequel). Would like to see more "building" mechanics, variation(s) in mutations of the undead, as well as more intricate levels. Example being: giant abomination(s) smashing through a run-down city where you and your company have to navigate, survive, distract, set traps, and ultimately take the giant monstrosity down in pieces.

Last edited:

wipeout364

Wasn't there a topic the other day that the pc version already lost the majority of players?
I haven’t had any problem getting random players but that doesn’t mean the population is high. I’ve only had a couple or two to three hour game session last week so maybe it is.
It’s a fun game so I hope it has some legs, strange brigade really had a big problem with player base so I don’t necessarily think it’s an EGS versus Steam issue( and it was a pretty solid game). I think it’s more there is way too much online stuff vying for a limited number of people outside of the big 5 to 10 games that suck up all the oxygen. (Like Fortnite, DOTA, LOL, PUBG, CS, R6, etc).

sol_bad

Just throwing this in here in case anyone wants to check in on sales numbers after 6 months.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/04/01/warhammer-end-times-vermintide-hits-500k-sales/

Vermintide sold 500,000 copies in about 5 months time. If World War Z continues to sell well and reaches similar numbers in 5 months time I guess EGS is doing well. If no further sales numbers are announced I guess we can put it down to the game doing poorly in the long run. Hell, if the game had released on both EGS and Steam, they may have seen double the sales numbers and already hit 500,000.

Kadayi

Banned
Hmm spotted this from the Satisfactory Devs Twitter Feed: -

WWZ sold 1 Million across all platforms, but of that, only a quarter of those were on the EGS ( Guess they probably have access to the actual EGS sales figures..)

Given it's a straight L4D clone. I wonder how many it would have sold if it were on Steam, given L4D series sold over 12 million copies? :unsure:

cryptoadam

Banned
Does anybody who actually plays can tell me about the game difficulty?

So far the videos I saw looks damn easy...unless people only plays this game at baby mode.

Easy and Normal are well baby modes. Basically can get hit a lot and you get a ton of ammo/health.

Hard is when it ramps up. I have died more than I have completed missions on hard. 2 or 3 hits and you are low on health and not a lot of health packs.

I have yet to play the 2 more difficult modes. But what I can tell most likely is you die from fewer hits and the friendly fire is really turned up. On hard if your team isn't coordinated you won't finish the mission.

cryptoadam

Banned
Somewhat off-topic, but if you've not read World War Z, do so. It's basically one of the greatest zombie novels ever written. The film has almost nothing in common with it, except for the name.

And the Survival guide which is the prequel to WWZ the book.

And quick tip to lazy people you can get the audio book with Mark Hamill and Henry Rollins!

Winter John

Gold Member
Somewhat off-topic, but if you've not read World War Z, do so. It's basically one of the greatest zombie novels ever written. The film has almost nothing in common with it, except for the name.

Originally it was an R rated movie but the studio demanded they cut all the good stuff out because they wanted it to be a summer blockbuster

cryptoadam

Banned
Originally it was an R rated movie but the studio demanded they cut all the good stuff out because they wanted it to be a summer blockbuster

Not sure if that would of made a difference.

The movie really has nothing to do with the book. Once it was fast Zombies it was over for a serious adaptation. I didn't think the movie was that bad, but it was not as good as 28 days/weeks later which is more what it as adapted from then the book.

I think the book would work better as a HBO series or an animated series. It could be made into a movie but there really isn't a narrative in the book or a protaganist/hero.

manfestival

I mean technically Division 2 is not a EGS exclusive(I play it on PC) as well as Anno 1800. I KNOW what they are saying but that is wrong.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Easy and Normal are well baby modes. Basically can get hit a lot and you get a ton of ammo/health.

Hard is when it ramps up. I have died more than I have completed missions on hard. 2 or 3 hits and you are low on health and not a lot of health packs.

I have yet to play the 2 more difficult modes. But what I can tell most likely is you die from fewer hits and the friendly fire is really turned up. On hard if your team isn't coordinated you won't finish the mission.

Yo, thanks. Sounds good.

Does this game has local co-op/splitscreen?

Top Bottom