• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World War Z VS Days Gone - which to buy

Buy which one

• World War Z

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Days Gone

Votes: 20 51.3%

• Total voters

Phobia

WWZ is 20 cheaper and has a ton of replayability. I'd say get that and by the time you're totally done Days Gone will probably be cheaper. PS exclusives go pretty cheap pretty fast.

demigod

Do you like open world games? Day's Gone

Do you like multiplayer games? World War Z

I went with Day's Gone, but if the price drops for World War Z or if it hits steam i'll get them.

Two zombie games that are completely different from one another.
Both have zombies and both are repetitive. And that's how far the similarities go.

WWZ is Left 4 Dead 3 will less polish and style.
Days gone seems to be a ubisoft type open world game with zombies.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
WWZ is a MP game so if you want to play MP go with that.

Days Gone is another walking simulator SP game.

I have WWZ and though it has a few issues, for 35$ its a lot of fun. Its not as good as Killing Floor 2, but if thats your style of game its right up your alley.

Phobia

Days Gone is nothing like a walking simulator. Do you know what those are? Firewatch, Edith Finch, Soma and Myst are walking simulators. days gone is an open world action game.

cryptoadam

Banned
Days Gone is nothing like a walking simulator. Do you know what those are? Firewatch, Edith Finch, Soma and Myst are walking simulators. days gone is an open world action game.

I consider these type of open world Red Dead/GTA style games as walking simulators, because they all pull the same trick where you are forced to sloooooooooooooowly walk down some linear path the story can be moved along through dialogue. Developers call it cinematic, I call it boring.

cryptoadam

Banned
The whole basis of the game is that you have a motorcycle though.

LOL and I am sure there will be parts where you have to drive slowly while someone gives you exposition over a radio or something.

Its a staple of many games these days. Make the player walk/drive slowly while the story is exposed to you via dialogue from some radio or companion.

Maybe walking simulator was too harsh a term, but I bet that the game has tons of "slow" moments while you listen to exposition and you are stuck on some linear path until the exposition is over and then you are free again.

VertigoOA

Banned
World War Z is actually popular and is a co-op multiplayer game and bound to be far more fun overall because of that alone. I’m thinking about it myself.

I’ve played enough ubisoft open world slogs to have no interest in any for a bit. Days gone looks like it has cool tech but don’t care for it

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I'd go with World War Z to start because it's cheap and it has multiplayer, but thats me. I like playing with other players.

If you're in the mood for a story or a more cinematic experience. World War Z will not scratch that itch. A more definitive answer would become apparent if you divulge more of what you're into. Without that, we're left to our own devices...which maybe what the point of the OP was, but it won't be the best way to help you make a decision.

Codes 208

I picked WWZ because it’s a game first and a helluva lot of fun with friends second. (Plus it’s only $40)

Days gone looks like another (relatively so-so from the reviews) cinematic single-player experienceTM

Puffdaddy

Neo Member
Depends on what you're looking for mate. If you're not in a rush to play Days Gone, go with World War Z. It's a really fun game that scratches that Left 4 Dead itch with more content coming next month. Also, it's surprisingly really popular so far so finding a match is really quick. For 40 bucks, there's a lot of replayability and fun to be had. By the time you're done with World War Z, Days Gone should be on discount (I'd give it a month before it starts dropping in price.

Top Bottom