• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worldwide Xbox One sales dropped below Xbox 360 in 2017

mike4001_

They just need 1-2 "must have" single player experiences each year.

Core gamers don't want MP-stuff

And no, HALO, Gears, Forza are not it.

thelastword

Banned
Does that statistic take into account all of the additional Xbox 360s purchased to replace consoles with the RROD :p? I ended up buying four over the course of that generation. Sigh.

2018 will be an interesting year for team Xbox. I feel like it'll take at least another 12 months before we start seeing all of the investments that they made in 2017 start to come to fruition. That said, if there's a sizable price adjustment on the X around the time of E3, I can see them having a very solid third and fourth quarter of 2018. The Xbox One X will be the definitive way to play all third party titles on console this year and I can see them doubling down on that.
That is not enough. Multi's with the same 30fps, no significant uptick in framerate bar a resolution boost, is not going to make people buy an X, or sell their PROs to buy an X, it's too late for that. This year has too many great exclusives coming on competing platforms, it's stacked. No one is going to miss out on these because they feel like spending another $500.00 to play their multiplat games at 1800p instead of 1440p at the same framerate.

So when I said that X was too expensive at $500.00, people said it was great value, but realistically, we should have seen it would never do great after the hardcore got their chew in. Now that the holidays are over and threads like these pop, you're now suggesting a sizeable price adjustment come E3, How Sizeable? If XBONEX is say $400.00 at E3, there still won't be the AAA exclusives and variety people want in software at that point. No one is buying expensive hardware today on promise of software from E3. Whatever MS shows at E3 is not going to be ready for years......and years? is not something this generation has too much of. It's just too little too late on many fronts for MS. By the time MS releases whatever they have in the works, PS5 will be upon us, MS may very well cancel some titles and carry it over to XBOX 2 as well...

I know I was excited for scalebound, graphics and animation was not the best, but it looked unique and it's an action game, so I was in. So they kill that and they pitch Super Lucky the next E3??? As I said, MS has no proper pulse on the Market. Let's be clear here, even MS XBONEX patches is taking a lifetime, where is Halo MCC? Horizon took long enough and so many titles on that enhanced list at E3 are a no show....Doom etc.. However, what I'm really gauging are their major titles, Crackdown has been in the oven since the gen began, Sea of thieves have been delayed. You're not getting Halo 6 this year. So whatever MS decides to announce At E3 won't be big titles and they won't be available to play for a minute. As it stands, we dont even have solid dates for what they announced years ago... So a discounted XBONEX, still does not solve MS issues come E3.

Last edited:
That is not enough. Multi's with the same 30fps, no significant uptick in framerate bar a resolution boost, is not going to make people buy an X, or sell their PROs to buy an X, it's too late for that. This year has too many great exclusives coming on competing platforms, it's stacked. No one is going to miss out on these because they feel like spending another $500.00 to play their multiplat games at 1800p instead of 1440p at the same framerate.

It's not enough for what exactly? Not enough for them to have a strong second half of 2018? Sony has 2018 in the bag (unless Nintendo have some surprises up their sleave, which would be great) but I'd wager that MS will still have a very strong end to the year. A competitive price drop on the X and solid marketing will ensure it.

A lot of your post comes across as wishful thinking on your behalf and your bias (which I enjoy; please never leave GAF), I feel, is preventing you from appraising the market objectively. Not everyone is a Sony fanboy and lots of gamers are going to find the X to be an appealing proposition this year. Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to be huge and the X will be the definitive way to play it.

You're not getting Halo 6 this year. So whatever MS decides to announce At E3 won't be big titles and they won't be available to play for a minute. As it stands, we dont even have solid dates for what they announced years ago... So a discounted XBONEX, still does not solve MS issues come E3.

Uh, care to place a friendly avatar wager on whether or not Halo 6 comes out this year? :D

If it does, then you have to change your avatar to one of the Master Chief (of my own design) for six months. And if Halo 6 doesn't come out in 2018, I'll change mine to whatever you like for the same time period. Do you stand by your words thelastword thelastword ?

nowhat

even MS XBONEX patches is taking a lifetime
TBH this is the case with Pro too - and unless talking about first-party studios, the patches range from "great!" to "OK, I guess..." to "why did they even bother".

From a consumer/idealistic POV surely the developers will release a patch for a new platform, they're just so eager to use all that extra power! - but in reality, especially when talking about older games, there's really very little incentive to make a patch in the first place, let alone make a good one.

hiphopcr

And here are the best-selling games over the last 12 months:

1. Call of Duty: WWII
  2. Destiny 2**
  3. NBA 2K18
  4. Madden NFL 18
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  7. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  8. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  9. NBA 2K17
  10. Final Fantasy XV

MilkyJoe

And here are the best-selling games over the last 12 months:

1. Call of Duty: WWII
  2. Destiny 2**
  3. NBA 2K18
  4. Madden NFL 18
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  7. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
  8. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  9. NBA 2K17
  10. Final Fantasy XV

Lots of people buy games like CoD and never play the multiplayer.

hiphopcr

Lots of people buy games like CoD and never play the multiplayer.

gamesindustry.biz said:
"And how many people finish the single-player game? It's a small percentage. It's like, everyone plays through the first level, but 5 percent of people finish the game. But people spend hundreds of hours in the multiplayer experience versus 'as little time as possible rushing to the end' [in single-player]."

LINK

Last edited:
It is often said that although Xbox One sales are far below the PlayStation 4, the system is still outperforming the 360 at the same stage of its lifecycle. Well not anymore! Global Xbox One sales are down 2 years in a row and in 2017 it dropped below the 360 when launches are aligned.

Confirmed by Niko analyst Daniel Ahmad.

8BHcHoK.gif

It will be interesting to discover if the X can reverse this trend or if Microsoft will press ahead with their next system sooner.

This is in no way a confirmation of anything.... what a weird misleading title. The only ones who know, are MS, clickbait post.

MilkyJoe

According to Trueachievements data, over half of tracked players finished the campaigns in BOII, Ghosts, and Advanced Warfare.
Advanced Warfare (Xbox One) (102,971 tracked)
92% complete first mission
64% complete campaign.
http://www.trueachievements.com/Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare/achievements.htm
Ghosts (Xbox One) (72,671 tracked)
92% complete first mission.
60% complete campaign
http://www.trueachievements.com/Call-of-Duty-Ghosts/achievements.htm
Black Ops II (Xbox 360) (173,509 tracked)
83% completed first mission
56% complete campaign
http://www.trueachievements.com/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-II/achievements.htm
According to Steam data:
33.8% completed Black Ops II
40.4% completed Ghosts.
40% completed Advanced Warfare.
And like Xbox One data, on PC around 80-90% of players finish at least one campaign level.
To compare, on PC, 42.3% of players finished Wolfenstein: The New Order.
Put simply, the first argument you hear, that "most players never even touch the campaigns" is total nonsense, and the second argument, that "only a tiny percentage of players ever finish the campaigns" is also nonsense. 40-60% of players finishing campaigns which cost tens of millions of dollars to make is really, really good. That's back-slapping, "Yay team!" success right there. The notion that these campaigns are something players don't want is directly contradicted by the data.
A large chunk of the people on forums talking about the Call of Duty series seem to be completely out of touch with reality. "I'm gonna buy Infinite Warfare for the CoD 4 remaster because who cares about modern Call of Duty anyway?" Those kind of attitudes represent a tiny fraction of the player base. A tiny, extremely loud and vocal minority.

Last edited:

hiphopcr

Put simply, the first argument you hear, that "most players never even touch the campaigns" is total nonsense, and the second argument, that "only a tiny percentage of players ever finish the campaigns" is also nonsense.
Ok, but still, 90% of these games are spent in MP.

bigedole

I hope the xbox one does well this year and entrenches itself firmly as the #2 competitor to the ps4 and Sony. I've never bought a Microsoft console and I've been a firm playstation dude since the ps1, but we've seen very clearly what market dominance in one generation leads to for Sony in the next generation. We've also seen how great Sony can do when they don't take their customers for granted, so Microsoft having a great year could only be good for all of us playstation owners.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I doubt it, though. I think we will see PS5 in 2019 or 2020, which would make the "PS4-gen" 6 years old, give or take. The PS3 lasted 7 years (november 2006 to november 2013). The next Xbox will probably follow suit and arrive shortly thereafter. The 360-gen lasted 8 years (november 2005 to november 2013).

So, depending on how you count and when the new consoles arrive, we might see a shorter gen.

Given the choice people are always going want more.I just don't think the demand is high enough for it right now.
I think it is time for next gen when current hardware really struggles to play the creators vision.

I do wonder how much better games realeasing today could be on a 2019 system which is about 2x more powerful then an 1X.

If 4k is going to be standard next gen its going to need some serious horsepower
I can see a 2020 release, but not a 2019. It may be equal but it wont be shorter then current gen.

Also we need to dispel the notion that sonys line up this year is some infallible force, it does have weaknesses.
While single player games are great they do have inherit flaws, e.g I will play god of war and spiderman and have a great time. But that time is limited to the length of the game most players will play through a single player game and then shelf it.
For all the hate that games like GTA online get, you have to give them credit for solving one of GTA's biggest problems, the fact that it ends and theres a 6yr wait until the next one. GTA online gives fans a continuating way to keep having GTA.

Last edited:

WaterAstro

People love their BC so much, they're just buying the previous console! lol

I think it's mom's buying the minimal Minecraft setup for their kids or something. I can't think of any other reason.

Alebrije

This generation is done , MS has nothing to do against Sony. But the bright is that MS learned again how to make a decent console. Xbone S is a great improvement over original one talking from a design /form factor point of view. Xbone X is what we can expect from MS on next generation. I am very curious what will be next PS5 and Xbone.

Xbone never will be a 360 and even Swtich sales could surpass it this year. But at this time the 3 companies have solid systems , MS lack of great exclusives is what it's hurting them. Hope they improve this this year.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
The 360 sold really well, though, so I'm not sure I'm not sure if that's a sign that the system is an abject failure or something. What sort of metric would be considered a reasonable success for a console this generation anyway?

goldenpp72

The 360 sold really well, though, so I'm not sure I'm not sure if that's a sign that the system is an abject failure or something. What sort of metric would be considered a reasonable success for a console this generation anyway?

While I haven't seen the figures in quite a long time, it's important to note the 360 hit quite a second wind later in life and sold a huge portion of its units there. The Xbox One seems to be slowly trailing off where as the 360 just kept growing from this point. Especially when Kinect and such came about. The Xbox one is doing alright, if this gen goes on for another 2 years it will probably crack between 40-50 million units which is perfectly respectable, but a far fall from what the PS4 and possibly Switch will end up at at the same time.

Swizzle

Gold Member
Given the choice people are always going want more.I just don't think the demand is high enough for it right now.
I think it is time for next gen when current hardware really struggles to play the creators vision.

I do wonder how much better games realeasing today could be on a 2019 system which is about 2x more powerful then an 1X.

If 4k is going to be standard next gen its going to need some serious horsepower
I can see a 2020 release, but not a 2019. It may be equal but it wont be shorter then current gen.

Also we need to dispel the notion that sonys line up this year is some infallible force, it does have weaknesses.
While single player games are great they do have inherit flaws, e.g I will play god of war and spiderman and have a great time. But that time is limited to the length of the game most players will play through a single player game and then shelf it.
For all the hate that games like GTA online get, you have to give them credit for solving one of GTA's biggest problems, the fact that it ends and theres a 6yr wait until the next one. GTA online gives fans a continuating way to keep having GTA.

I do not think even first party developers are pouring all the possible resources into essentially exclusive Pro and X titles while for a new console generation they would have an incentive as exclusive titles for those consoles would be possible. This mid generation refreshes were made to ride the 4K train with prettier pixels, not to deliver something completely new compared to what the current generation could do... and I would not be surprised if a lot of HW tricks were left mostly unused as they brute force their way to higher resolutions and higher quality textures.

I do expect much faster processors, considerable more memory, and next generations GPU architectures and with a new (BC enabled of course) console generation developers could make exclusive titles for the new consoles and start extracting these consoles potential (and so would Engine developers behind UE and Unity and other middleware).

Last edited:

Klik

2019 is too early,2020 is my guess,2021 is very possible. Sony is making so much money of ps4,close to 15m console a year. They are gonna reach close to 100m by end of 2019. Also,we always get some unofficial rumour about next gen console about 1.5 year before release so i doubt it's gonna be 2019.

Just an open thought but what do you guys think about the future of having exclusives being available on PC as well through games for windows? Think MS will continue to support it in the future?

edit: IMO I would imagine that it's an elephant in the room at internal discussions in MS.

Last edited:

Nikodemos

With what an awful dumpster fire the PC components market is currently, I can see people looking at the X as a viable alternative, especially for the more casual gamers who have no stomach for spending $1000 on a decentish PC.
What Microsoft need to do is ensure as many PC exclusives come to the X as well. I'd say they should quietly drop OG Xbone compatibility requirement for PC to XB ports some time later this year.

Do i use my Xbox One S alot? Yes. Am I mad that it has a total lack of exclusives and only really has multiplatform games? Yes.

Problem is that 360 did so well in Europe. It was the beginning of the multiplayer era for mass market, Xbox had the infrastructure in place and they came out before Sony. This will never happen again because having online first (for the mass market) was a huge sales point. This gen I don’t know a single person who owns a One. I had one start of this gen but moved fairly quickly to PS. And Sony’s 1st party has always been miles ahead of what MS offers. At least they try new things every gen.

Also expecting a huge sales boost for the X because Red Dead is coming out is one stage above daydreaming. Mass market will not spend 500 euros on a console for a 69 euro game that they can already play on the system they own. Never going to happen.

To me it feels like MS was able to get a foothold in Europe with 360, and even with all those things going for it it sold way less here than PS3. I don’t know what they can do to get that back. My guess is nothing.

Burdybundy

Neo Member
Couldn't care less about sales ..the X is Amazing piece of hardware ..I don't think Microsoft are worried...future is looking bright

Couldn't care less about sales ..the X is Amazing piece of hardware ..I don't think Microsoft are worried...future is looking bright

You should. Sales usually lead to new hardware, and getting killed outside of the U.S. is not a recipe for long term success.

Considering we have just had mid gen upgrades for the first time in gaming history, it may be the longest gen yet.

Apart from the odd hardcore fan here and there. I dont think any gamers are craving better graphics.

Really? All of the Sony fans pre-XBO:X in the Digital Foundry graphics comparison threads would suggest otherwise.

thelastword

Banned
It's not enough for what exactly? Not enough for them to have a strong second half of 2018? Sony has 2018 in the bag (unless Nintendo have some surprises up their sleave, which would be great) but I'd wager that MS will still have a very strong end to the year. A competitive price drop on the X and solid marketing will ensure it.

A lot of your post comes across as wishful thinking on your behalf and your bias (which I enjoy; please never leave GAF), I feel, is preventing you from appraising the market objectively. Not everyone is a Sony fanboy and lots of gamers are going to find the X to be an appealing proposition this year. Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to be huge and the X will be the definitive way to play it.
Wishful thinking? What games are persons going to buy in June with a discounted XBONEX? There were all types of discounts and bundles this holiday on PRO, PS4, XBONE-S, but you believe people are just waiting on a pricedrop to lap the XBONEX up... and you're talking about wishful thinking.....Funny too, because many persons justfied the $500.00 pricepoint; This is a 4k machine said Spencer, DF said it's a GTX 1070 Equivalent, UHD bluray is huge et al.....but I guess nobody was fooled by all that fluff. So now, we're already asking for a discount on all that value??? Something must be amiss...

Instead of asking for a pricedrop, why don't you ask what games are going to drive a discounted console in June. Also do you have any idea how many consoles sell in June. If you believe a discounted console is going to change MS fortunes in June, then perhaps you will need another Koala in that Ferrari to wake you up from that dream.

TBH this is the case with Pro too - and unless talking about first-party studios, the patches range from "great!" to "OK, I guess..." to "why did they even bother".

From a consumer/idealistic POV surely the developers will release a patch for a new platform, they're just so eager to use all that extra power! - but in reality, especially when talking about older games, there's really very little incentive to make a patch in the first place, let alone make a good one.
There's precedent, there's always history when I say something....Here's the drift.....Not too much before the XBONEX launch, there was a big thread here and some DF staff like Dark1X and other XBONE fans weighed in that PRO's launch was not the smoothest. Conspicuoulsy, such statements were made after DF acquired the reveal of XBONEX and other subsequent jigs.....Further to that though, it's obvious that MS had more time, a year + more time, but yet, at XBONEX launch, you had the power strip issue, the jet vaccum drive issue and dead consoles.....But what about the enhanced patches which MS should have done better done Sony's console? No Forza Horizon at launch, No MCC, they just got the Witcher patch and lots of games on that enhanced list are not yet enhanced. Don't forget MS had a huge list...One of the bigger ones was DOOM, where is it? Not only that, one of the devs who spoke the hardest about the XBONEX, talking about 6k et al, could not even get a proper patch in day 1, where is the 6k, where is the "true 4k machine"....Not here yet unfortunately, Marketing hype is one hell of a pipe dream....

A 2019 console will be much more than 2x the power of XBONEX. This is only a mid-gen console. A new gen in Novemeber 2019 at the earliest will have enough inside to play games at max settings and double XBOX's framerate at true 4k....I don't mean Dynamic resolution with dips to 1440p and 1080p, I don't mean 1700p or 1800p. What Spencer promised..........but instead delivered, not based on false hype without the hardware to do it, but because a 2019 machine would have the innards to pull it off, just like a real tech man (In Cerny) indicated you needed 8TF minimum. A 2019 console will have much more than a 8TF, much more ram, an eternally more powerful CPU etc...So you best deal in reality as opposed to marketing guys promsing you true 4k with a 6TF console...

Also, there's much more than Spiderman and God of War. If you believe that's all the exclusives to play on a PS4 this year, you are sadly mistaken. No list by me though, as I think you know there's a large bevy of titles and also pretending that the multiplayer games are in existent on PS4 too, they're still all there on PRO and PS4 at the same framerate as XBONEX, sometimes better framerate too......

People love their BC so much, they're just buying the previous console! lol

I think it's mom's buying the minimal Minecraft setup for their kids or something. I can't think of any other reason.
Hey!, I don't think the consoles sales are comparable up to 2018, it's just comapred to the same time-frame in 360's cycle....So that would be 4 years in for 360. TBF, 360 never let off steam in NA and it had a few big exclusives you could not get elsewhere....

They are doing ok in the UK are they not ?

I think they sell ok in UK, but overall the sales numbers in Europe are pretty horrendous, if you think how well the 360 did. I don't think there's any way they can turn it around here.

Really? All of the Sony fans pre-XBO:X in the Digital Foundry graphics comparison threads would suggest otherwise.

I don't think anyone reasonable would suggest that graphical improvements mid gen would lead to massive sales. X and Pro were niche products when they came out. Again, Red Dead might look amazing on both updated consoles, but most customers are happy playing it with S or Slim.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Wishful thinking? What games are persons going to buy in June with a discounted XBONEX? There were all types of discounts and bundles this holiday on PRO, PS4, XBONE-S, but you believe people are just waiting on a pricedrop to lap the XBONEX up... and you're talking about wishful thinking.....Funny too, because many persons justfied the $500.00 pricepoint; This is a 4k machine said Spencer, DF said it's a GTX 1070 Equivalent, UHD bluray is huge et al.....but I guess nobody was fooled by all that fluff. So now, we're already asking for a discount on all that value??? Something must be amiss...

Instead of asking for a pricedrop, why don't you ask what games are going to drive a discounted console in June. Also do you have any idea how many consoles sell in June. If you believe a discounted console is going to change MS fortunes in June, then perhaps you will need another Koala in that Ferrari to wake you up from that dream.

There's precedent, there's always history when I say something....Here's the drift.....Not too much before the XBONEX launch, there was a big thread here and some DF staff like Dark1X and other XBONE fans weighed in that PRO's launch was not the smoothest. Conspicuoulsy, such statements were made after DF acquired the reveal of XBONEX and other subsequent jigs.....Further to that though, it's obvious that MS had more time, a year + more time, but yet, at XBONEX launch, you had the power strip issue, the jet vaccum drive issue and dead consoles.....But what about the enhanced patches which MS should have done better done Sony's console? No Forza Horizon at launch, No MCC, they just got the Witcher patch and lots of games on that enhanced list are not yet enhanced. Don't forget MS had a huge list...One of the bigger ones was DOOM, where is it? Not only that, one of the devs who spoke the hardest about the XBONEX, talking about 6k et al, could not even get a proper patch in day 1, where is the 6k, where is the "true 4k machine"....Not here yet unfortunately, Marketing hype is one hell of a pipe dream....

A 2019 console will be much more than 2x the power of XBONEX. This is only a mid-gen console. A new gen in Novemeber 2019 at the earliest will have enough inside to play games at max settings and double XBOX's framerate at true 4k....I don't mean Dynamic resolution with dips to 1440p and 1080p, I don't mean 1700p or 1800p. What Spencer promised..........but instead delivered, not based on false hype without the hardware to do it, but because a 2019 machine would have the innards to pull it off, just like a real tech man (In Cerny) indicated you needed 8TF minimum. A 2019 console will have much more than a 8TF, much more ram, an eternally more powerful CPU etc...So you best deal in reality as opposed to marketing guys promsing you true 4k with a 6TF console...

Also, there's much more than Spiderman and God of War. If you believe that's all the exclusives to play on a PS4 this year, you are sadly mistaken. No list by me though, as I think you know there's a large bevy of titles and also pretending that the multiplayer games are in existent on PS4 too, they're still all there on PRO and PS4 at the same framerate as XBONEX, sometimes better framerate too......

Hey!, I don't think the consoles sales are comparable up to 2018, it's just comapred to the same time-frame in 360's cycle....So that would be 4 years in for 360. TBF, 360 never let off steam in NA and it had a few big exclusives you could not get elsewhere....

Yes I agree spencer did a great job with X, but cerny did a very poor job considering the pro only does 2k a lot of the time.

nowhat

Yes I agree spencer did a great job with X, but cerny did a very poor job considering the pro only does 2k a lot of the time.
X has the advantage of being released a whole year later - technology has this magical thing of getting better and cheaper over time, who'd have thunk.

But Spencer? Sure, he's the face of Xbox. Whereas Cerny actually designs the hardware. So what you are saying is $THE_PERSON_IN_CHARGE_OF_HW_DESIGN_AT_MS did a great job - that may be, although the previous point about a year later (and costing more) still stands. But Spencer is not the person you should be commending.

If they announce new titles I'm sure there'll be a sales increase. To me, they are in a bad rut right now. I have no incentive to buy an XB1X, and I want to have a reason to so bad!

Phil Spencer is a smart dude, I have a feeling E3, GDC and Gamescom are going to be gamechangers. i also anticipate a price drop announcement most likely at E3 to coincide with their new titles.

rokkerkory

X has the advantage of being released a whole year later - technology has this magical thing of getting better and cheaper over time, who'd have thunk.

But Spencer? Sure, he's the face of Xbox. Whereas Cerny actually designs the hardware. So what you are saying is $THE_PERSON_IN_CHARGE_OF_HW_DESIGN_AT_MS did a great job - that may be, although the previous point about a year later (and costing more) still stands. But Spencer is not the person you should be commending.

That's kinda nonsense. Spencer started talking about the X as soon as he got the head job and approved of it moving forward. Without his leadership, X would not have happened. Yes, many people are to thank but leadership played a huge role here.

Sosokrates

When replying to last word I like to give a reply just as ridiculous.

nowhat

That's kinda nonsense. Spencer started talking about the X as soon as he got the head job and approved of it moving forward. Without his leadership, X would not have happened. Yes, many people are to thank but leadership played a huge role here.
But continuing that thought, shouldn't Shuhei Yoshida or Shawn Layden or somesuch be more responsible for the Pro? Because they're the corporate leaders like Spencer, not hardware leads like Cerny.

rokkerkory

But continuing that thought, shouldn't Shuhei Yoshida or Shawn Layden or somesuch be more responsible for the Pro? Because they're the corporate leaders like Spencer, not hardware leads like Cerny.

Sure I guess... I thought we're in a topic about Xbox lol

SeanFloyd

Neo Member
I've been with Microsoft since the original Xbox and have never owned a Playstation. This generation has been so pathetic and lackluster, I'm 99% sure I'll go with Sony next time.

Havoc2049

They just need 1-2 "must have" single player experiences each year.

And no, HALO, Gears, Forza are not it.

At this point in time and from the day the OG Xbox launched, if you take away the Halo franchise, the Xbox is dead. It may change in the future, but who knows.

What is your definition of a core gamer? A casual gamer?

I've put in 349 hours into Halo: The Master Chief Collection, 1,917 hours in Destiny, 431 hours in Destiny 2, 522 hours in Elite Dangerous and had over 32,000 kills in Halo 2. I'm also enjoying the Sea of Thieves beta and I'm really looking forward to that game. I also love single player experiences, RPGs and Japanese games as well. I feel that I'm part of the hardcore Xbox base that Microsoft wants to keep happy and build upon.

Top Bottom