• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst restaurant chain item

Status
Not open for further replies.
And holy shit, I thought I was the only one here!

Every single person I know loves Pizza Hut with a passion. I tell them it's gross and they roll their eyes, or in rare occasions even get offended.

When I can pick up a slice of Pizza with a napkin and before it reaches my mouth the napkin is literally dripping with grease/butter/whatever the fuck, I no longer have much of an appetite.

I always felt emotionally bad about myself after eating pizza hut

iammeiam

The Taco Bell Mango Fruitista Freeze has to be one of my all-time great disappointments. I love mango, I love mango flavoring, I've used mango-scented candles before...

This thing tasted like they sprayed mango air freshener over a cup full of ice. So, so gross.

I also have issues with McDonald's in general--their food doesn't usually smell like food, it smells like McDonald's. I can tell when somebody in the office got McD for lunch by the smell, although I could never tell you what they got. It's disturbing and weird.

The Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizzas. I had it once near when they first came out, and it was fucking awful. I don't know if they changed it up at all since then, but I'm sure as hell not gonna give it another chance.

I have found that everything is tasty at fast food chains. But then again, I'm not picky. I literally have found nothing I haven't liked.

I always felt emotionally bad about myself after eating pizza hut

Yes. Most other fast food, I might think "Man, that was terrible for me" but I don't actually care (unless I've been eating very badly for a while). But I always go full GOB immediately after I've had Pizza Hut, regardless.

"I've made a huge mistake."

Link Man

Banned
The Taco Bell Mango Fruitista Freeze has to be one of my all-time great disappointments. I love mango, I love mango flavoring, I've used mango-scented candles before...

This thing tasted like they sprayed mango air freshener over a cup full of ice. So, so gross.

I also have issues with McDonald's in general--their food doesn't usually smell like food, it smells like McDonald's. I can tell when somebody in the office got McD for lunch by the smell, although I could never tell you what they got. It's disturbing and weird.

I used to work at McDonald's. I know that smell well.

KJTB

Panda Express is pretty terrible too.

Everytime I eat Panda Express I go through the same routine. First, I'm like "oh hey cheap fast Chinese food sounds like a great idea! I mean, panda express kinda sucks but whatever it can't be that bad right? Then once I finish I always regret it and feel like shit :/

A 2-entree plate of Honey Walnut Shrimp and Beijing Beef, complete with 1/2 chow mein and 1/2 steamed rice at Panda Express is pretty awesome. Weird thing is I swear they are putting more cabbage in the chow mein lately and it is pissing me off.

rpmurphy

I had Chili's for the first time recently, and I don't know if it was just that one, but the fries and baby back ribs were salty as hell. WTF.

No excuse to settle for fast food of any kind with sites like Yelp and ChowHound boards.
People in my area don't know jack squat about good Chinese or Japanese foods (and probably other types too) so they rate the good and the mediocre restaurants similarly. I just don't trust Yelp much anymore, and paying $15-20 a dinner that turns out to be not that much better than everything else that costs much less is not cool.

Xeke

Banned
Nerds. Seriously.

4805692968_850036a38e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom