• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would anyone else buy a collected physical release of the Dota 2 comics?

ScOULaris

wp_01_1280.jpg
wp_05_1280.jpg

One thing that I've always enjoyed about Dota 2 (other than its fantastic gameplay and hero design) is the loosely connected lore surrounding the world in which Dota takes place and the relationships between all of the heroes. While the game itself only hints at such details in the way of flavor text or lines of dialog between heroes during a match, Valve has dabbled in giving players glimpses into the more fleshed out world over the years in the form of digital comics.

Personally, I love these and would like to see more of them. More importantly, I'd buy them in a collected hardcover in a heartbeat if Valve were to ever release them in that format. It's not like they haven't attempted it before with their TF2 comics.

What do you guys think about the comics and Valve's light touch when it comes to unfolding the lore of Dota? Couldn't care less? Want to see more?

For reference, here are links to all of the comics released so far:

Wiki entry for Dota 2 lore with details on the comics

Kade

Definitely. I really hope they release a Volume Two of their hardcover book. There have been quite a few Team Fortress 2 comics since then as well.

Top Bottom