• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would microtransaction short cuts ruin Fromsoftware games?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's easy to ignore said shortcuts in an offline single player game. Doesn't make them not shitty but they don't affect me whatsoever (assuming the game is balanced without them).

That's the problem, they won't be when money's involved. Whichever Assassin's Creed game it was that sold an XP boost in a single player game for real money was absolutely balanced around the idea that people would get fed up of how slow the levelling was and just pay for the boost.

Teslerum

That's the problem, they won't be when money's involved. Whichever Assassin's Creed game it was that sold an XP boost in a single player game for real money was absolutely balanced around the idea that people would get fed up of how slow the levelling was and just pay for the boost.
Tales Games are balanced without them. Always have been since they were introduced. Not to mention Tales games have other additions to make any grinding much faster (Battle Bonuses, Bonuses on harder diff. (which you can safely switch to the stronger you get), grade shop)

I don't have a problem with the overall concept of this thread or calling out Assassin's Creed, but this thread seriously uses the wrong example.

Soodanim

Micro transaction shortcuts? Why even fucking play the game.
Shortcut right to the end, get your platinum trophy for only $99.
After that recent thing where that company was selling cheats for a hefty monthly fee (very successfully, too), I wouldn't be surprised at people paying $99 for that. There are some strange people out there.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Why not let me pay an additional £70 to just skip everything and unlock the platinum? That’s what we all want really.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Tales Games are balanced without them. Always have been since they were introduced. Not to mention Tales games have other additions to make any grinding much faster (Battle Bonuses, Bonuses on harder diff. (which you can safely switch to the stronger you get), grade shop)

I don't have a problem with the overall concept of this thread or calling out Assassin's Creed, but this thread seriously uses the wrong example.

Not played it so I'm genuinely curious, how can it be balanced? Do you not pay real money to skip boring parts of the game you cannot otherwise skip?

Teslerum

Not played it so I'm genuinely curious, how can it be balanced? Do you not pay real money to skip boring parts of the game you cannot otherwise skip?
It's balanced without the DLC in mind. That's it.

As a result all of the cheat dlc is gamebreaking and its basically just like using officially sanctioned cheats or trainers.

The game's not based around it. Shop prices, exp, enemies and bosses are not atypical to a jrpg and as mentioned Tales has more options to avoid excessive grind than other jrpg's do naturally.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: AV

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I’m literally near the end of tales of arise ( though I thought the game ended twice now lol ). and I have no idea what you are talking about so guess it’s not in your face…

Top Bottom